Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538494 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1440 on: January 22, 2007, 06:47:13 pm »
SPOILER

... by the end of the night every man jack is going to have one of Nate's cards bristling from his shirt pocket.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1441 on: January 22, 2007, 07:02:26 pm »
SPOILER

Have to agree about this being so Ellery! ..

...and another scribbled note by Ellery on his notepad in large letters “GET THE FUCK DONE ASSHOLE” and stabbed the pad repeatedly, slowly and savagely.

And so true-to-life!  As a prosecutor I can't tell you how many times those words -or versions thereof  ;D -  have gone through my mind while I sat there with my courtroom poker face!  Of course, I would never write it down - that is a pure Ellery twist!   :laugh:

Louise, that was just brilliant - could any more shit possibly hit the fan?  Well, actually, YES - I guess it could - because we don't yet know what Ennis will do!!!   :laugh:  I don't know how I'll sleep waiting for that!

And Nate's business card "bristling" from all the shirt pockets?   :laugh: Perfect!

Thanks!  Marie

P.S. I felt bad for Lauren - awww... he actually felt sick! 

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1442 on: January 22, 2007, 07:14:49 pm »
Can't you just see the look on Jeremys face when Nick let slip the "Sweet thing" name!  Plus the look on Nicks face when he realized he slipped and covered his mouth with his hand!    LOL

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1443 on: January 22, 2007, 07:29:49 pm »
SPOILER

Can't you just see the look on Jeremys face when Nick let slip the "Sweet thing" name!  Plus the look on Nicks face when he realized he slipped and covered his mouth with his hand!    LOL

Yes - I can see the looks on both their faces perfectly! And it's so funny that at first Nick made a quick save . . . but then he fumbled with the "sweet thing!"  Oh, well - he's crazy in love (and probably still on a make-up sex and new-hat high!) LOL!!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1444 on: January 22, 2007, 07:51:57 pm »
oh come on now... does anyone believe Nick actually slipped?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #1445 on: January 22, 2007, 07:53:06 pm »

He didn't slip at all. That was totally on purpose.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1446 on: January 22, 2007, 08:17:42 pm »
oh come on now... does anyone believe Nick actually slipped?

LOL!!! Okay, okay - but . . . the Edna in me still thinks he's crazy in love, etc.! 

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1447 on: January 22, 2007, 08:39:11 pm »

You one a these lookin out inta the sunset holdin hands kinda gals?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1448 on: January 22, 2007, 08:56:48 pm »
You one a these lookin out inta the sunset holdin hands kinda gals?

LOL!  I guess I must be, Louise - at least when it comes to our Laramie boys!  As Wes has stated - his Edna is a powerful influence (and not just domestically)!   :laugh:

Marie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1449 on: January 22, 2007, 09:17:58 pm »
LOL!  I guess I must be, Louise - at least when it comes to our Laramie boys!  As Wes has stated - his Edna is a powerful influence (and not just domestically)!   :laugh:

Marie

Count me in with you, Marie!

Mention Ellery's hair, their rings...I am just a puddle on the floor. LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!