Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538514 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1690 on: February 23, 2007, 04:39:52 pm »
Hot sex after the wedding reception story....that works.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1691 on: February 23, 2007, 05:56:49 pm »
Hot sex after the wedding reception story....that works.

Yes - and maybe a little afterglow intimate chat with the post mortem on the reception.  We just know there have to be a few good Wayne highlights!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1692 on: February 23, 2007, 09:48:37 pm »
okay gang... what about a poll for the shorter stories?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1693 on: February 23, 2007, 09:54:12 pm »
okay gang... what about a poll for the shorter stories?

Well, Louise, if you want to go REALLY short, maybe you should join us on the drabblefest....lots of good stuff going on there...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1694 on: February 23, 2007, 11:14:07 pm »
"Short" in the context of trying to write short stories and ending up with 70,000 to 90,000 word novels, I am trying to get down to 10,000 words now!

I am going to assemble a poll, and went back to find the outstanding plot ideas from readers.  Items that have been covered I have struck through:

Stories I have planned:

·   the story about Chas
·   the story about Pookie's first time aka Simon says
·   the wedding reception
·   Ellery's POV of him meeting Ennis

Reader Suggestions:

·   a Christmas story (sorry! I did forget, it was a little while ago! I presume it would be mostly about Ellery and Ennis celebrating Christmas... and it is wintertime in the northern hemisphere as well as in Laramie now so it would be kind of sweet! Especially if Louise posts it around the holiday   )

This next lists is in large part David's:

Jeremy's parents or siblings
Bobby Twist
Gabe Blackwell
Momma Sampson coming by with cookies for the boys only to hear Jeremy screaming "More More!" thru the door! 
·   new situations:
Dupree at work now that he's out
Jeremy professes his love for Nick?
How will Nick and E&E get along? 
A new truck for Ennis?
Lance brings home a 3rd for Jeeves to play with?
Ennis finds out Ellery would leave everything to him in his will or is written as co owner in everything or something like that
Jeeves falls in love with Lance? And tells him?

Yep I thought of one. A honeymoon for Ennis and Ellery? All newlyweds need one of those, and after everything our boys have been through together, they deserve it.

More ideas that have surfaced, in part answering some of the suggestions above:

*  The fate of Lance - a stand alone story. This can be combined with Jeeves' new acquaintance, Jerry Lamont
*  Richard the Trucker and Nate - one of those "virgin" stories!
*  Nick and Ennis really meet.  I was thinking of finally having dinner at E & E's!
* The Paso Fino trip to Puerto Rico - I am going to combine that with the "honeymoon" idea.  Stealth honeymoon.

More suggestions from readers?  The Lance story promises to be bigger so I am not going to do that one immediately.  I am looking for "SHORT" ideas! so I can actually get a story done in a week like I first said I would!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
« Reply #1695 on: February 24, 2007, 04:00:10 pm »
Hi Louise

A story suggestion: I'd like to read more of the story of Wayne and Pinky - their 'marriage' would no doubt be very different to E & E's, and how Wayne takes care of Pinky in the final stages of his illness could be extremely angst-inducing. [Also, wasn't Wayne getting just a little too up close and personal with Mel Rudkin at E & E's reception? What could that mean? Hm? Hm? Hm?]
I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1696 on: February 24, 2007, 04:29:06 pm »
hahahaha Richard, glad to see your feedback!  I hope you all understand, this is not an idea "popularity contest" but rather  I intend, if possible, to write any idea I think is writable.  However, because of the present circumstances, I have to consider the "shorter" ideas before the longer ones.  I think the Pinky and Wayne marriage story is going to be one of the longer ones!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1697 on: February 24, 2007, 05:19:29 pm »

More suggestions from readers?  The Lance story promises to be bigger so I am not going to do that one immediately.  I am looking for "SHORT" ideas! so I can actually get a story done in a week like I first said I would!

Well, I love David's list and all the story ideas featuring Nick and Jeremy!  But I do have a question.  I noticed that you crossed out "Jeremy professes his love for Nick."  I don't remember that except when Jeremy kind of slid it into the conversation before their great make-up sex.  Was that the first time Jeremy told Nick he loved him?  I know Nick was just dying for Jeremy to say it!

I don't know how short you could make it, but I'm dying to know what happens after Jeremy called his mom on Christmas! 

Definitely the "Nick and Ennis really meet" story!  That seems as though it could be done in a much shorter story and I'm dying the see our two favorite couples interacting outside the bar.

Ever since Ellery mentioned to Wes that he was going to visit Stew and change his Will I've been anxious to see that scenario play out.

Momma Sampson and her cookies sounds very promising, too - and if it's centered around a weekend of marathon J&N sex, it could fit your "short" criteria!  LOL!!

Also the Puerto Rican honeymoon/business trip - so many possibilites there - and it could be a one week trip!

You know we'll love whatever story you write next, Louise, whenever you write it.

Thanks!
Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1698 on: February 25, 2007, 10:45:34 am »

How about Ennis and Ellery visit Down Under. Ellery could be considering investing some of his millions in a cattle property in the outback and takes Ennis along for the ride! Maybe they could even make a side trip to Melbourne - home of Dame Edna who would just love to take the boys under her wing. And the boys would still have an Edna to fuss over them!

Come and visit any time possums!

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1699 on: February 25, 2007, 07:09:36 pm »

Dame Edna lives in Melbourne?  Holy cow! I would have gone earlier!

Which reminds me I will be landing in Melbourne Wednesday morning local time, and I dont have your number, Jo!!!