Author Topic: Going Home  (Read 37770 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Going Home
« on: June 02, 2007, 03:34:30 pm »
Is anyone reading this (Going Home) by helen/1_of_one?

Is there a thread somewhere I couldn't find?

Well, I want to blab about it a little bit...   

Spoiler (well, it's not really a spoiler but it won't make any sense if you're not up to date):

So how long has it been since Ennis called Jack?  Isn't it time for another phone call?  Jack must be freaking out.  I would be.  Okay.   Maybe not freaking out, because Ennis was pretty reassuring on the last phone call.  I suppose what I meant was I imagine Jack must be very on edge, waiting to hear from Ennis again....

I think Helen alluded to some computer troubles lately.  Sigh.  I hope she updates soon.  'course I probably won't be able to check for updates again until end of next week.  Sad sigh.

“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Going Home
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 04:30:51 pm »
Hi Kelly,

I don't know if people are reading this story or not but if they are interested, this link will take you to the various chapters, completed and in progress

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/tag/1_of_one

Enjoy!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 12:05:41 pm »
Hi Kelly,

This is a wonderful story.  It's so unique and refreshing, but yet so totally real.  It appears that the chapters are being written in "real time" and are being updated on holidays.  I'm not sure when the next "holiday" is in the UK  - but I'm hoping it's soon, and I'm hoping it's a long one!  Yeah, I think we're all on the edge along with Jack.

Marie

P.S.  Really love imagining their accents as I'm reading.  I smile every time one of them says "aye."   :)
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 08:11:33 pm »
I think that the next update was to be in a couple of weeks (about a week ago). I love this story.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 01:56:37 pm »
Kind of an update - but kind of not - but awesome writing nonetheless.  It's very . . . primitive  ;D:

http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/61936.html

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 12:11:20 pm »
Primitive was a great word Marie!

I wonder if there will be more to come of the 'primitive' men, or if there will just be this?  I'm glad there has been an update, even though it wasn't the modern boys.

:)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 11:27:21 pm »
Update!  "A New Moon"

http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/62654.html

Ach!  What a lovely, lovely story this is.

Marie

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 08:37:34 pm »
I am getting anxious for the next GH chapters here. Hopefully next wednesday??? I will keep checking daily. The boys have been apart for too long.

I saw in one of the comments on LJ that someone says that this Scottish J&E are not automatically pictured as J&E as played by JG and HL, which is an interesting thought, but I find that I actually picture them as looking exactly that way, (with a sexy Scottish accent and wearing different types of clothing.)

I think that even though I read the AP short story first, J&E will always look like Jake and Heath in my mind, perfection in casting.

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 10:51:34 pm »
New chapters up this week on LJ, its so wonderful, how I love this story.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 08:18:06 pm »
I'm just wondering if you guys have opinions/thoughts on when it will be ending?

After they move in together?

Or, do you think we will get to enjoy some "post-moving in together" bliss?