Author Topic: Going Home  (Read 37947 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Going Home
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 01:35:00 pm »
I'm not sure, Kelly.  I think Helen mentioned something in a comment that she thought the story would be ending at Christmastime - a full year after it began - but we can't tell from that if that's when Jack will be moving up permanently or if we'll get some "post-moving in together bliss" (which would be great, wouldn't it?).

I'll be sorry to see it end - this is one I could keep reading for a very long time.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 04:58:06 pm »
I'm just wondering if you guys have opinions/thoughts on when it will be ending?

After they move in together?

Or, do you think we will get to enjoy some "post-moving in together" bliss?

Yes, like mentioned above the fic was supposed to follow the   year - Christmas till Christmas. So if it's true to plan, and jack moves in in September like he planned,- there'll be some post-moving in together parts of the tale.

I don't know how many holidays and traditional turn-of-the-year type days there are between now and X-mas, so I have no picture of how many remaining chapters this would imply. But though I'm sure there'll be post moving-in domestic bliss, I also worry that the outside world will intrude and disturb domestic life, and not in any blissful way at all. Morag's father and his congregation hardly likely to keep away and keep silent, I fear.  :-\

I very much do hope Helen will manage to keep to her plan and finish the fic. It can't be easy to do that now. But I hope hope hoipe she'll make it. 

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 06:28:43 pm »
I hadn't realized the Christmas to Christmas part.

That gives me great joy to think there will still be new chapters at Christmas time....

I am hoping the Morag stuff gets better and not worse, once the inquiry happens...

???
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 02:42:13 pm »
What a wonderful surprise - "Going Home - The Hawk"

http://under-wyo-skies.livejournal.com/75264.html

Achingly beautiful.  The depth of this story is amazing. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 05:06:23 pm »
I was wondering if you guys could help me... I know Helen said she may/may not be finishing some of her stories.  I have Les Grandes Vacances (may have spelled it wrong) bookmarked and can access that, but I was trying to find Lotus Blossum (ennis is a cab driver) and I can't.  Does anyone have a link?  I would like to read what there is, even if it is not going to be finished.

Thanks,
K
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 03:13:05 pm »
Hi, Kelly,

Helen had only written a prologue and Chapter1 of Lotus Blossom and it appears that they have been removed from her live journals.  I hope (and this is pure speculation on my part) that because she has said she now wants to try her hand at original fiction, that this story will re-appear someday in that form. 

Btw, did you see that she has posted the ending (Chapter 4) to Les Grandes Vacances?

http://redlining-it.livejournal.com/26129.html

In any event, I look forward to more Going Home - a very special story.

Marie

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 06:23:59 pm »
Hi, Kelly,

Helen had only written a prologue and Chapter1 of Lotus Blossom and it appears that they have been removed from her live journals.  I hope (and this is pure speculation on my part) that because she has said she now wants to try her hand at original fiction, that this story will re-appear someday in that form. 

Btw, did you see that she has posted the ending (Chapter 4) to Les Grandes Vacances?

http://redlining-it.livejournal.com/26129.html

In any event, I look forward to more Going Home - a very special story.

Marie

Thanks for the info Marie.  I'm not sure I ever read Chapter 1 of Lotus Blossom; yes, I hope we get to see it again someday in some form.  I hope she will post her original stuff too.  (Otherwise I will sure miss reading her stuff!)

Now - off to read the end of Les Grande Vacances!  (I didn't realize it was going to be so short...  >:()

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 12:33:32 pm »
An important note from Helen regarding "Going Home" (and her other stories):

http://under-wyo-skies.livejournal.com/

Marie

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 10:06:05 pm »
oh crimey...

does anyone have any this saved in word?  pm me if you don't want to advertise...

Well, I am sad.  I will miss Helen's writing, but I certainly wish her the best, respect her decision, and hope everything is okay.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 06:42:12 pm »
Umm.. I think there is a new location for Going Home, etc.

http://going-home-07.greatestjournal.com/