Author Topic: Phone-y stories  (Read 10258 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Phone-y stories
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 03:44:04 pm »
I don't have a cell-phone. But my husband has and every now and then, I borrow it.
I sat with my friend in a café when we heard a cell phone ringing from somewhere down (we were sitting on a kind of indoor balcony, above the others, with great view of the whole café). The ringing went on and on, did even get louder after a while. We were both irritated that the owner of the cell phone didn't answer it. After a while, I said to my friend: "Why does this dumbass not answer his phone? It has the same annoying ringing sound like my husband's cellphone."

My friend asked: "It couldn't be that by chance, you have your husband's cell phone in your handbag?" - OMG, of course I did! The dumbass was me  :laugh:. I am so not used to cellphones, that the thought never occured to me, it could be me whose phone ringed. And the noise came from somewhere down because I had put my handbag on the floor.

injest

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 08:03:16 pm »
I wish I had some.  :-\

And of course my intent was not to make fun of someone who needs an assistive device. It's just that the incongruous picture of a woman with a great big "millwheel" ruff around her neck and a huge "farthingale" skirt tooling along on a motorized wheelchair strikes me as very funny.  :-\

So does the image of a guy in full "plate" armor talking on a cell phone.  ;D

of  course not...no one thought that..

it does sound hilarious....and I am gonna assume they don't use privys... ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 08:43:54 pm »
it does sound hilarious....and I am gonna assume they don't use privys... ;)

Well, they do have handicapped-sized "port-a-castles" at these events. ...  ;)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 09:19:01 pm »
funny cell phone stories.

Ok...

There was the time that I went to visit a friend.  She was giving her 2 year old daughter a bath.  Her house phone rang, and she asked me to watch her daughter while she got the phone.  Of course, after mom had left, Sherridan decided at that moment to get a big handful of bubbles and try to eat them.  So, of course, when I leaned over to stop her, the cell phone fell out of my pocket, and into the tub.

:o

Company wouldn't replace it because the phone still worked, but the ring sounded like it was muffled under a pillow.

>:(

Then, there was the time that I was walking through town, talking on my cell, and got so involved in the conversation, that I walked into a telephone pole.  And apologized to the phone pole.  lmao

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 09:35:14 pm »
Then, there was the time that I was walking through town, talking on my cell, and got so involved in the conversation, that I walked into a telephone pole.  And apologized to the phone pole.  lmao

:laugh:

That's a good one!

(Did the pole accept your apology?  ;)  :laugh: )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 06:24:41 am »
That's a good one!

(Did the pole accept your apology?  ;)  :laugh: )

No, it just stood there in silence.  I think I offended it somehow....

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 01:31:30 am »
This were mention on the CBS morning show in our area and I immediately thought of this tread.

:-\ Jeanne from California saw a woman talking on a cell phone at a funeral.

:-\ Debbie swears a woman at her church took Communion while talking on a cell phone. Maybe she was talking to the Lord.

:laugh: On a visit to Washington, Brent and his wife saw a beggar. As they approached, the beggar took a cell phone from his ear and asked if they could spare some change.

:laugh: And at the Coliseum in Rome, Kurt and his wife saw a man dressed in the authentic costume of a Roman centurion talking on a cell phone. Et tu, Verizon?
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 02:16:31 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh:

Tell me more!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 02:18:38 pm »
No, it just stood there in silence.  I think I offended it somehow....
It was waiting for you to phone the apology in.

;D
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 02:53:04 pm »
Perhaps........  ;D