Author Topic: 37 users to go...Counting down to 1,000 members!  (Read 40305 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: 37 users to go...Counting down to 1,000 members!
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2007, 08:34:39 am »
Yeehaw! Welcome, scheintnoch! Glad to have you with us at Bettermost! Set a spell! Want a cup a coffee, don'tcha, a piece a cherry cake?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Samrim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2007, 04:29:09 pm »
Hi susiebell

Hows life in Nottingham? I'm still spending most of my time in the other place, so I'm still a bit lost finding my way around Bettermost. I keep dipping in when I remember, so I hope you'll forgive the delay in replying to your kind, not to say effusive greeting!

I still have no least wish to 'quit' our boys, and read messages numerous times daily. the new people who find ole Brokeback are a pleasure aren't they?

I've been quite busy here in North Lincolnshire and don't seem ever to have enough time to just lounge in the sun with a book!

I've just finished Labyrinth by Kate mosse and recommend it to anyone who likes history and mystery! This book, think da Vinci Code meets ethnic cleansing. I've been fascinated by it, as an age old secret is interwoven with the fate of the Cathars in Languedoc, eight hundred years ago! I was like a rabbit petrified by a snake, it holding a horrid fascination for me.

Anyway, I've just time to get ready to go out for my nightly coupla pints, so will continue this 'memo' later

Once again, thanks for the greeting Susie

Love

Sam

:)
Sam

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2007, 05:55:22 pm »

I've just finished Labyrinth by Kate mosse and recommend it to anyone who likes history and mystery! This book, think da Vinci Code meets ethnic cleansing. I've been fascinated by it, as an age old secret is interwoven with the fate of the Cathars in Languedoc, eight hundred years ago! I was like a rabbit petrified by a snake, it holding a horrid fascination for me.

Wow, this sounds really good! I will have to look for it! I love labyrinths. Did you feel like a rabbit trying to get into a snakehole with a coyote on its tail??

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Samrim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2007, 06:11:40 am »
Hi Sam,
So pleased to see you here.  I've been back over to IMDb but it's an awful lonely place over there now!
I'll be off at the end of the month to one of our favourite spots ... a week in Morgan Porth and a week in Widemouth Bay ... heaven!

Enjoy your pint and pork scratchings!

Love Susie

Hi susieb,

thanks for the greeting from 'sunnyscunny' (it is this morning)   :)

Slow to respond (sorry), I still haunt the other place; I'm wary of trying quotes and stuff here so may well get it wrong.

Hope you enjoy your time in our lovely Cornwall, I'm hoping to go down to Sue again in late October. She is a divorced neonatal nurse at Truro, and is a lovely friend. She might have been bitter after her marriage, but on the contrary she just seems full of love, and I'm honoured to call her friend. Sue particularly likes the north coast, around Padstow, and St Enadoc's church (middle of a golf course in the dunes)  where John Betjeman is buried, it's a lovely area.

My heart is given very firmly to the area  around Fowey, and I'm always delighted when I've driven the 360 miles to get there, and swooping down the dual carriageway to the edge of St Austell, over a succession of mini roundabouts, I can see the Gribben waymarker in the distance, on a headland. Sometimes I think it would be a good moment to expire  :D as life seems then just SO good!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:17:09 am by Ellemeno »
Sam