Author Topic: annieproulx.com website is no longer working.  (Read 9089 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
annieproulx.com website is no longer working.
« on: June 10, 2007, 12:52:30 pm »
www.annieproulx.com has been down for some time.  Don't know if this is the right forum to post this inquiry, but does anyone know what's the "situation" with her website.  Just curious as to what Ms. Proulx is up to, you know...  I thought every famous author had an up and running website to let you know where they were appearing, what they were up to, stuff like.   Anybody know?  She hasn't become a recluse I hope. Darn brokies were getting on her nerves ;) Thanks.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: annieproulx.com website is no longer working.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 04:04:16 pm »
Anybody find out what's goin' on?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 04:06:54 pm »
If I was to ask any specific Brokies about this, I'd ask brokebackjack, FRont-Ranger, and Lynne. 

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 04:07:49 pm »
And ineedcrayons and MaineWriter, because they are supersleuths.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 04:15:59 pm »
And ineedcrayons and MaineWriter, because they are supersleuths.

I found a bunch of websites that had links to the orginal Annie Proulx website, but annieproulx.com seems to be gone completely.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 04:24:39 pm »
I found a bunch of websites that had links to the orginal Annie Proulx website, but annieproulx.com seems to be gone completely.

L

And if Leslie can't find it, it isn't there to be found.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 05:01:43 pm »
www.annieproulx.com has been down for some time.  Don't know if this is the right forum to post this inquiry, but does anyone know what's the "situation" with her website.  Just curious as to what Ms. Proulx is up to, you know...  I thought every famous author had an up and running website to let you know where they were appearing, what they were up to, stuff like.   Anybody know?  She hasn't become a recluse I hope. Darn brokies were getting on her nerves ;) Thanks.

I don't think the Brokies were getting on her nerves. She has been very gracious and positive about Brokies when I've seen her talk or seen a correspondence from her. But there may be trolls afoot. I know she had to move to another town in Wyoming.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 06:41:18 pm »
I don't think the Brokies were getting on her nerves. She has been very gracious and positive about Brokies when I've seen her talk or seen a correspondence from her. But there may be trolls afoot. I know she had to move to another town in Wyoming.

Because of trolls?  :o

Sorry to hear they run her off her home place. At least we only had to make a cyber-move.  :-\

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 05:09:30 am »
The following is an edited version of what I wrote in reply to Janice's request for info about AnnieProulx.com. I am taking the liberty of reposting part of that reply  here. For further info, my fellow Bettermostians can PM either ifyoucantfixit or me.

Quote from: ifyoucantfixit on Yesterday at 05:53:03 PM

Well there seem to be some questions about what has happened to Annie Proulx's web site.  There are several people on the forum with a question.  I was wondering if you might shed some light on it.  Tell us what is going on.                                                           Janice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is something Brokies should know Janice. What follows can be posted.

Ellen  and I asked Annie  about this back in October; we wanted to know if the speech she had made would be  available through her website. The instant result of " Will this be posted on your website?"  was  an upset Annie Proulx...whose hands became most expressive. She is FINISHED with that website.  I do not even know if it is still up, and would not be in the least surprised if it's gone.

The result of every update and comment made on that site led to what amounted to the persecution of Annie--in the US, in the 21st Century!!!!--by right wing fundamentalist Christians. She was harassed and that's the perfect word. She was  threatened, sent obscene messages, condemned to burn in hell, the entire bit. She couldn't take it, it caused her nothing but aggravation and  upset. She said there was enough posted on the internet for anyone who wanted to find out legitimate information,  but insofar as her OWN website was concerned she was done with it.

I would look for nothing from her website. She was so adament that when I went home I looked at it, and have never gone  back.

That was in October.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{note: Why? Two words: Brokeback Mountain}
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 05:14:53 am »
That is terrible.

How odd it must be for Annie to have on one side this overpowering and often scary outpouring of love from one side and a shed-load of hate from the other supposedly 'righteous' side.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/