Author Topic: annieproulx.com website is no longer working.  (Read 9205 times)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: annieproulx.com website is no longer working.
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 04:28:01 pm »
good.

an 'F' word now and then, eh.
The 4 letter word beginning with 'S'? I don't trust people who don't say it.

But THIS SORT OF GARBAGE???

Murdilise em.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 07:22:33 pm »
This is actually kind of odd.  Annieproulx.com was never a really high traffic site, including their forum.  I didn't really encounter much negativity there at all when I was on there last year when the movie was getting a lot more attention.  They had a small problem with forum spam, but I always sensed that whoever they had running the site really wasn't too familiar with the software or how to run a forum, so it wasn't too surprising to me.

As to negative remarks and attacks, I honestly saw little of this on her site.

I think a lot of folks who start websites or blogs really don't understand the free-wheeling nature of the online world, and how easy it is to throw negative stuff around.  We keep it under control here because it distracts from what the site is all about - positive momentum forward in our respective lives.  And to date, I've never received any directed negative troll or trashing comments for running this community, except one guy on a radio industry forum who likes to make some side remarks in an effort to let me know he knows I run this place, as if that is supposed to shock or surprise me.

I have always let people know they shouldn't waste their energy on negative messages and other trash comments, and a lot of the bloggers who are encountering this have to understand it takes absolutely no energy for someone to trash them, and they should spend no energy on taking those comments seriously.  In fact, -never- take anything personally left on a website.  It's not worth it.

As to Annie, if she wants a place of her very own to do whatever she'd like, she is always welcome to join us.  We have a troll patrol that is top notch, and the Righteous Right won't get far here either.  :)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 07:29:40 pm »
The result of every update and comment made on that site led to what amounted to the persecution of Annie--in the US, in the 21st Century!!!!--by right wing fundamentalist Christians. She was harassed and that's the perfect word. She was  threatened, sent obscene messages, condemned to burn in hell, the entire bit.
Doesn't sound very Christian to me! Somehow I don't think this is what Jesus had in mind!

What ever happened to "love your neighbor?" Apparently they're all too stupid to understand. 
Isn't it funny how they always forget that part??  :-\
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 01:58:11 am »

As to Annie, if she wants a place of her very own to do whatever she'd like, she is always welcome to join us.  We have a troll patrol that is top notch, and the Righteous Right won't get far here either.  :)

This is why you're the mayor - you think big and good.  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 08:59:00 am »

This is why you're the mayor - you think big and good.  :)

Maybe Phillip should send her an "invitation"? I'd be surprised if she accepted, but I bet it would make her happy that a group of fans cared enough about her to make the offer.

She seems to be very gracious to her fans. She sent a lovely little note to thank CactusGal for the copy of Beyond Brokeback that CactusGal sent her.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 04:31:24 pm »
Is it back on?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 05:39:25 pm »
Nope.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 07:44:40 pm »
Will it?

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 04:50:31 am »
Nope.

"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"