Author Topic: Jack the Chupacabra - by ClancyPantsDelMar  (Read 18908 times)

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jack the Chupacabra - by ClancyPantsDelMar
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 01:50:19 am »
I have been complaining recently that there isn't enough humour in BetterMost--then Jack the Chupacabra magically appears!  Geez this is funny; it made my day.  Does this "ClancyPants" do this often?  I want more!
 :laugh:  :laugh:
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 08:09:41 am »
X-men,

Clancypants posted both here and IMDb under several names.  He often had a brilliant take on many aspects of this movie and he posted frequently.  This was one of his more humorous takes.  He also posted under the names TheFullMontyClift , ClancyPantsDelmar, and RuthlesslyUnsentimental.  Like many who have an intense interest in this film over the years, he posted frequently, defended his viewpoint rigorously, made many friends, inspired many admirers, and really pissed off many people fans and trolls alike.  I enjoyed his company in the few exchanged we personally shared, but I know that not everyone did, and I completely understand why.  He was an older fan (he told me he was in his 70s back when we were in contact) and he enjoyed getting iinto the mix with a good on-line brawl. At some point, he seemed to lose interest in posting about the movie.  His account closed and I have never heard from him since.  If he is still around, I would imagine he is in his 80s by now.  

I know others here from back then may remember him when he posted here under the name ruthlesslyunsentimental,  and I understand that their recollections of him may be less fond than mine.  
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:17:45 pm by TOoP/Bruce »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 12:07:28 pm »
Well, it does give you a whole different way to read the film!  :)

Maybe a sequel called "Behind the Chupacabra"?

Bumping for Halloween!
"chewing gum and duct tape"