Author Topic: Color Changes! + Updates  (Read 48454 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Color Changes! + Updates
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 10:51:32 am »
These are actually mountains visible along Highway 1 between Canmore and Banff.  It's a shame that so much of the picture cannot be shown on the tiny space afforded by the banner, but we've increased the amount of image visible by finally shrinking the space taken up by the various info boxes up there.  The "theme" that is used by BetterMost was written in a bizarre mix of style sheets and other coding, which appears to have been cobbled together.  It makes modifications very time consuming, and the theme really needs to be rewritten from the ground up.  John is hoping with v2.0 of the SMF software, someone is working on this already, but if not, we'll probably have to do it ourselves.

"There is never enough time" works for online forums as well as a 20+ year 'relationship' between Jack and Ennis.  :)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 12:39:01 pm »
its intersting here at home - I still have the green background - probably something to do with my cookies.

Lovely pic none the less!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Dagi

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 05:55:56 am »
Hi Phillip,

I told myself about a thousand times that I should spend less time in front of the screen - and you are helping me a great deal with the last color change - I already start feeling kind of sick!  :laugh:

I loved the blue color....I´d love green as well, but this red is driving me mad, sorry.

I love the mountain pic!

Dagi

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 10:57:00 am »
Hi Phillip,

I told myself about a thousand times that I should spend less time in front of the screen - and you are helping me a great deal with the last color change - I already start feeling kind of sick!  :laugh:

I loved the blue color....I´d love green as well, but this red is driving me mad, sorry.

We change background colors with the passing of every season.  Most folks need at least a day or two to get accustomed to the changes, and we typically make minor adjustments to them.  I think we're missing some of the pale yellows we had last year.

Dagi

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 11:32:34 am »
We change background colors with the passing of every season.  Most folks need at least a day or two to get accustomed to the changes, and we typically make minor adjustments to them.  I think we're missing some of the pale yellows we had last year.

Hi Phillip,

does that mean it will stay like this until winter?  :o Then I better keep my sunglasses on, or go on reading my book, Middlesex from Jeffrey Eugenides, a very good book by the way...

Dagi  8)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 11:40:12 am »
I like the rusty-orange-red background myself. Very autumnal.  :)

I love the photo of the beautiful fall foliage against the backdrop of the mountains, too. Thanks!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 11:43:33 am »
I like it too!  Warm colors, looks very Autumnal on my screen, soft pinky oranges and reds.   Are we going to have some fall color in the photo at the top of the page too?
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 11:52:11 am »
I like it too!  Warm colors, looks very Autumnal on my screen, soft pinky oranges and reds.   Are we going to have some fall color in the photo at the top of the page too?

Yes... later tonight.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 09:30:41 pm »
This morning---my eyes watered and my head hurt.

Then this evening--no side effects!

Maybe the head and eyes thing was because it was Monday  morning!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 10:15:06 pm »
This morning---my eyes watered and my head hurt.

Then this evening--no side effects!

Maybe the head and eyes thing was because it was Monday  morning!

:laugh: :laugh: