Author Topic: My dream.  (Read 7522 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: My dream.
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 04:42:29 pm »
Fuzzy - I know about that intense feeling of dread - that's the common thread that characterizes night terrors.  You can't put a finger on what exactly is wrong, but just that everything is really, REALLY wrong.  As a kid, mine took on the form of hearing loud footsteps, as if in heavy clunky boots, coming urgently down the hallway to my bedroom (funny thing is the hallway was carpeted, but the footsteps always sounded like heavy sole on wood), then feeling like I was being grabbed, and hard, and then of intense weight pressing down on every part of my body.  I never saw the person/form that was doing this - all was just blackness - and I never had the sense I was being raped but rather constricted to death.  In my adulthood, the malevolent form doesn't physically touch me - he/it is just in the room looking down at me in my bed.  Thankfully, I haven't had either form of night terror in almost two years and counting...  (knock wood!)

Remember when I talked about my recurring missing-the-airplane dream?  Well, I had it again last night.  But check this out:  This time, I CAUGHT the plane, and with time to spare.  And here's the funny (in a sort of creepy-funny way) twist to this one:  Usually the plane is going somewhere middle European - Sarajevo, St. Petersburg, something like that.  Last night, it was going to Norway.  Not any particular city in Norway - just Norway.  And at the airport, the ticket/gate agents kept looking at my ticket and saying, "Enjoy your trip to Sydney."  And I'd say, "I'm not going to Australia.  I'm going to NORWAY."  And they'd say "Oh.  Norway is NICE!"  Three different times.  So I wake up (it was one of those right before you wake up for the day dreams) and I think "Australia?  Norway?  WTF?"  And then it hits me.  Who is from Australia?  Who has a last name that is Norwegian (or at least I think it is)?

I REALLY need to get some therapy.  ;)

But I really am blown away by the fact that I finally started packing early enough and got to the airport and on the plane on time.  I mean, this is years I've had a variation of this dream at least once a month, and I never got on the plane.  Maybe it's just confirmation that I have indeed finally *completely* lost my mind...
No more beans!

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: My dream.
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 05:23:52 pm »
Oh my!

How come I never have dreams like these???
Starting to wondet too here!  ;D

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -