Author Topic: GIFT  (Read 2637 times)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
GIFT
« on: June 20, 2007, 09:07:19 pm »
I put together the Ennis and Bobby  drabble and added just a bit. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3606301/1/

Mark
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: GIFT
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 09:40:41 pm »
Mark, I'm so happy to see this.  :)  You did a great job blending the drabbles into a wonderful story that really touched me (and made me laugh out loud a few times, too).  I'm so glad you brought Ennis and Bobby together, just as Jack would have wanted.  Thank you for your "gift" of this story.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

RodneyFL

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 01:54:17 am »
Let me add my thanks as well, Mark.  I never had the opportunity to read the "drabbles," but I really like the way you created the Ennis/Bobby narrative.  Very touching, and it touched me.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 05:05:27 am »
the drabble form is quite underrated, you can really get a lot of story into a small form! 
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 11:57:14 pm »
I have really enjoyed this so far, I'm going to go back to finish reading it. Thanks.