Author Topic: Daniel's Books  (Read 12846 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: Daniel's Books
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 11:18:17 am »

Dreamfilm: Brokeback Mountain Explored is now available for purchase directly from the publisher at www.xlibris.com/Dreamfilm.  To purchase a signed hardback copy, contact Daniel. The book is not yet available through other means, but can soon be purchased at Amazon.com, Borders, and Barnes & Noble bookstores. Paperback, $10.00. Hardback, $20.00.

"The film Brokeback Mountain has affected thousands of lives. Affecting even one life is no easy task, so when a film comes along that seems to change many people, society might pause for a moment and consider the repercussions. Dreamfilm: Brokeback Mountain Explored excogitates many of the concepts that the film brings to the forefront of consciousness: love, meaning, sexuality, individualism, happiness. The introduction to the idea of a dreamfilm explores the various ways in which the medium of film can affect even the smallest portion of self identity. "
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 11:23:14 am »

Mystic Madness in the Night is now available for purchase directly from the publishers at www.xlibris.com/MysticMadnessintheNight. To purchase a hardback signed copy, contact Daniel. The book is not yet available through other means but can soon be purchased at Amazon.com, Borders, and Barnes & Noble bookstores. Paperback, $20.99, Hardback, $30.99.

"Fiery passions cooled by time and the subtle healing of the soul that arises when its great disturbances bring about great pain and transformation. Poetry demonstrates that all humans suffer under many circumstances, but more specifically that we all have a great capacity to heal. Healing transformation is what this madness of the night is all about, and the fact that many are capable of seeing emotional presence and embracing the human rights present there indicates that there is more to the universe than is perceived by the senses. The pain that blossoms by, whether in the heart or in the head, is an unavoidable part of humanity"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 12:17:23 pm by Daniel »

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 08:17:49 am »
For some reason this discussion of Daniel's books were in a thread about another book.  SO let's get them out on their own!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 12:05:26 pm »
So Daniel, is the publisher sending you on a tour around the country to speak at Brokeback friendly bookstores?   ;)  Are you going to donate any to the libraries, after you've sold some.  I'll have to take a look.  DIdn't see it listed on Amazon.com, where I buy all my new books. But you said it takes 60 days.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 12:07:48 pm »
Yes. It will take a while to reach the bookstores.

I am waiting until I have a little bit more revenue before going on a signing tour. I will need to buy some marketing materials from my publishers before I can really have a successful one. (I haven't even had the book professionally reviewed yet - it feels like a very exclusive text with a limited audience, so I'm not entirely certain that having it reviewed would do anything for it.)  I'm still mentally debating.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 12:57:09 pm »
Congratulations, Daniel, on a very impressive achievement!  All the very best success to you with your books.  You deserve it!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 01:05:11 pm »
Thank you, Meryl. You helped a great deal already, you know.

I wish I could have done everything that everyone suggested but it just wasn't possible in such a limited time frame. I ultimately had to make the decisions, and I decided to go with my gut feelings and instincts.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 01:11:42 pm »
Thank you, Meryl. You helped a great deal already, you know.

I wish I could have done everything that everyone suggested but it just wasn't possible in such a limited time frame. I ultimately had to make the decisions, and I decided to go with my gut feelings and instincts.

Thanks, Daniel, it's nice to have had a (teensy) part in your finished product.  In the end you made all the right moves: your own.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

mvansand76

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 04:25:24 pm »
Hi Daniel!

This is wonderful! I would love to read your book Dreamfilm: Brokeback Mountain Explored! I live in Holland, can I order your book online from Europe?

Mel

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 08:00:27 pm »
Congratulations on your books Daniel. They look beautiful.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.