Author Topic: Daniel's Books  (Read 12911 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Daniel's Books
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2007, 12:23:14 am »
Congratulations Daniel!

I will be ordering the book from the publisher soon.  It looks great!

TOoP / Bruce
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2007, 02:44:27 am »
Hi Daniel!

This is wonderful! I would love to read your book Dreamfilm: Brokeback Mountain Explored! I live in Holland, can I order your book online from Europe?

Mel

I think so, Mel; although I'm certain that the shipping charges would be a little more costly. Once again, those are the delivery fees at the publisher's site. I have no control over that part of the project. You might want to wait until its available at Amazon, since they might be able to offer international delivery at a better rate. But either way, I am happy that you will have picked up the book.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2007, 02:46:11 am »
Congratulations Daniel!

I will be ordering the book from the publisher soon.  It looks great!

TOoP / Bruce

Thanks, Bruce. Now that I know who Bruce is (and not some strange Batman impersonation), I can put aside my Riddler mask. Shame, it looked fun for a moment or two to put it on. I'm glad you're purchasing it from the publishers. Xlibris has been a very good company to me and they deserve every order they can get.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2007, 03:48:12 am »
Ain't no small thing.... here's an excerpt from the introduction chapter of Dreamfilm: Brokeback Mountain Explored.

As a dreamfilm, "Brokeback Mountain" allows its observers to transform its story into a dream reality which can inspire self change. This experience uses the techniques of cinema to thrust a viewer through existing mental states and allows the search for a deeper or more perfect understanding of humanity - creating through image, motion, sound, the pace and change of dramatic development, the verisimilitude of the acting performance. Most importantly, the film reality becomes as devastatingly emotional as any dream reality. Some sensory experiences demonstrate the reality of the physical world: tests reveal nothing about their inner nature because no inner nature is actively pursued. Other more aesthetic sensory experiences are far more open to interpretation. A dreamfilm may be one of these experiences, similar to a Rorschach test, meaning not only that the film can elicit any emotional response, but also that its form has a universal power to evoke deep response. Many directors have attempted to create such films, but rarely has any such work exhibited a specific storyline.
     Primarily, though, it is during the viewer's self conception and construction of self identity that the dreamfilm administers its affluence. If the dreamfilm is truly vitally shocking, then there can be little discourse but to hope to understand these deep-seated reactions. As a person comes to terms with the subtle nuances of this awareness, the emotional reality created by a dreamfilm experience comes to full fruition. A sudden epiphany: one realization is made and then another, and then another.... "Brokeback Mountain" is more than just a story. It has many deep and provocative things to say about the human condition.