Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3163970 times)

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #1540 on: September 08, 2006, 02:46:44 pm »
He would be that happy if he was with me - the Birthday Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-*

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1541 on: September 08, 2006, 03:31:47 pm »
Jake is saying .... "OMG, Leslie! I almost forgot your birthday .... ...What am I going to do??

.... I could give you my come hither look ....

.... or my 'I'm too adorable for words' look ....

..... or I can just let you look and enjoy!  :P"

SIGH!!!!!!

They're all good if you ask me!
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1542 on: September 08, 2006, 03:35:31 pm »
HOT OFF THE PRESSES! SPANDEX ALERT! And get a load of his chest ...... I'm hyperventilating again!

Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1543 on: September 08, 2006, 03:36:12 pm »
Happy birthday, coffeecat Leslie!! For your birthday, I wish you a nice cat, two coffees, and three Jakes!! That way you'll have one just for kissing, and two for ... other things!! Enjoy!!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #1544 on: September 08, 2006, 03:37:05 pm »

Is it my rampant imagination, or is Jake dressing to the left in this one? :P
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1545 on: September 08, 2006, 04:18:03 pm »
Diane started it .. so I went off to fetch this pic ..  :P

More Jake madness for the Birthday gal!! 8)

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #1546 on: September 08, 2006, 04:22:19 pm »

Oooooh Milli, now for a back girl like me that is one NIIIIICE vid!! :P :P :P
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #1547 on: September 08, 2006, 04:39:20 pm »
Brokeback_Dev -

The movie was made in 1962 and should be in the Classics section of most video stores. It is quite a famous one. If it's not there, try Netflix or Blockbuster by mail.

Here is another picture of Jake with his baby, Boo:

He's doing that cool tongue thing, too .... Sigh!!  ::)

Here are a couple of pictures from the film ...

Atticus and Scout:

Atticus and Scout, Jem and Dill:

And .... Boo:

If you see the film ... let me know how you like it.

Hey Diane,

Thanks for the info about "To Kill a Mocking Bird"  Ill check it out.  Happy B-day CC

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1548 on: September 08, 2006, 05:12:19 pm »

Here's a link to an article with Jake in it, I haven't read it yet, but here you go anyway... this article was just published today.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=40&url_article_id=2377&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

I got this link from Jakewatch...

aw what the hell, here is only part we are interested in!    ;D

Jake Gyllenhaal

Is Lance trying to turn you into a Longhorns fan? Maybe subtly, yeah, subtly it seems like he is. He brought me over from my hometown of Los Angeles and brought me to Austin. It's definitely wooing me.

What brings you to Austin? Are you just with Lance for the Ohio State game? Yeah, we're here for the game, and then we're going to hang out and go to ACL Fest.

How did you meet Lance? One day, I got a phone call from Mr. Armstrong and he said, 'How are you doing, Jake? This is Lance Armstrong. Do you want to go for a (bike) ride?' And we went for a ride, and that was basically it.

How did you get into bike riding? Definitely from being inspired by Lance, and my best friend, his mom was sick with cancer, and we both started riding together, and I just fell in love with it.

Is this your first trip to Austin, and what are your thoughts? No, I've been here before. It's great. I've just spent a very short time here, I've spent one day here, and I had to come back. What I experienced when I came here last time, it was really, really hot, but the school is great, and from every person I've run into all over the country, when I've said to I've been to Austin, if they've been here, they say, 'You have to go there, it's the best city in the world.' I've heard everybody say that about Austin, so this trip is long overdue.

How much of a college football fan are you? I'm a pretty big fan. I'm not a huge college football fan, but I watch a lot of the big games. I have to say I'm a little biased to basketball, but I love all sports. I loved the Rose Bowl last year. It was unbelievable. I've seen it about six times.

You're from L.A. Who were you rooting for? I can say that I'm definitely not rooting for Ohio State (laughing). All I can say is that every play that I saw in that game was just electric. It was extraordinary from both sides. To me, at a certain point, it was like they both really did win, and then when Texas won, Texas won, but they both were winning the whole time. It was an amazing game. If I spend more time in Austin, I'll become a Texas fan.

The Austin movie scene is really growing. What are your thoughts on that? I know about the festival, which really is picking up. I think, creatively, it's an amazing city. I have friends who are filmmakers who are here and are working on documentaries, and who, through The University, have been making documentaries and making films and writing screenplays. It's amazing here. There seems to be a real emphasis on sports here and a real emphasis on the creative, which I think is not like many places. There are a lot of filmmakers and actors that live here, and they love it.

Is the independent film/documentary industry one that you would like to participate in? That's definitely what I love the most. The first types of film that were casting me were independent films, and I believe that's where real cutting edge, real interesting work is being done. I think it's where faults and the real side of what's human, which is difficulty and struggle, is shown more than in big Hollywood films. I think it's a real struggle to make films that show imperfection when people are spending a lot of money. Also, it's just nice because it's not as big of a risk. There are certain movies I've made for nothing, and there's a huge profit side to it if it becomes something people see. To me, it's a more interesting world, but I also do big films.

What about your ESPY experience getting to see Lance host? I've got to say, he dissed me pretty hard, or should I say he was tough on me (on air). I would like to say for the record, that it's kind of a bummer that a close friend would take such a cheap shot, because this is coming from a guy that wears a colorful spandex suit and stares at guys from behind six to 12 hours a day. I guess that's enough said (laughing).

He just said he didn't write it. He said he didn't write it? I don't know about that.

You've only met Coach Brown briefly. What are your thoughts having watched him in the Rose Bowl? To me, I think what's amazing about watching coaches is the ability to play chess. It is really a chess game. His demeanor, he seems like a really good guy with such a positive attitude. I know every coach has a different way of doing things, but it seems to me that's the only real way to have real success, and he has.

What are your feelings on coming to practice like this? It's a real honor. I have to say, when I'm making a movie and people come to the set, it's kind of funny to say, but it's a sacred place, and when you're let in, it's really an honor, and I really respect them. It's amazing to watch them. They look great, they look really strong, and it's going to be a great game. I have a feeling that if they do everything they're supposed to, they'll have a great chance to win.

Is there a possibility you may play Lance in a movie? (Gyllenhaal) The truth is, one, it would be a great movie. I think, judging how many people love him, and it would be an honor for whoever plays him, but it's too early to say.

(Armstrong) People ask me all the time, and it's not my job to (decide who plays me). It's the studio's job to cast it, and it's the artist's job to read the script and say, 'You know what? I want to do it or I don't want to do it. I like it or I don't like it.' We're not to that point yet. A couple of weeks ago, all of that came out, and it was like, 'What?'

(Gyllenhaal) The bottom line is that Lance and I are good friends and I respect everything that he's done, and it's not about a movie right now.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 05:44:15 pm by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #1549 on: September 08, 2006, 08:49:04 pm »
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!  :D I really appreciate all the good birthday wishes and photos. Everyone helped make my birthday a little brighter by your responses.

I wanted to post a fancy thank you here but couldn't figure out how to do it. I posted to LiveJournal but I haven't been able to figure that site out, either. Here's a link: http://coffeecat33.livejournal.com/396.html. It is called Random Thoughts and posted randomly because I don't know how to organize it. I have written about Young Jack, Married-to-Lureen Jack, and a couple of drabbles about Jack & Ennis.

Thanks again for the best wishes. Now Jake wants me to get off the computer so he can give me my birthday present! I can't tell you what it is, but I CAN tell you he is wearing his birthday suit! [little blush here]

cc33/Leslie  :-*