Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3166228 times)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #1630 on: September 19, 2006, 11:58:36 am »
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1631 on: September 19, 2006, 04:28:35 pm »
You Tube

just watched
and LOVED it!
So funny and too too true!

Now I'm going to go find the biography one...
                                                                                                                                       my security sayes its not allowed

Beautiful mind

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #1632 on: September 19, 2006, 05:09:21 pm »

For me it was just right. ;)

Me too! I'm about as liberal as they come but didn't find it too militaristic in any way... I love it!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1633 on: September 19, 2006, 07:59:08 pm »

Me too! I'm about as liberal as they come but didn't find it too militaristic in any way... I love it!

DITTO! I'm also a pacifist! But, hey! As long as Jake is in it, I really could care less!
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1634 on: September 20, 2006, 08:19:16 am »
I thought it was quite anti-war, myself.  Yes, not as in-your-face as much so as "Platoon" or "Full Metal Jacket" of "The Deer Hunter," but very much so just the same.  My favorite line:  "The earth is bleeding."  Ain't that the truth...
No more beans!

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1635 on: September 20, 2006, 02:43:15 pm »
Ooh.  I'm loving this one...

I sure wouldn't want to get on his bad side.  His face is so expressive (reminds me of my idol of idols Rafe/Ralph Fiennes this way), that he can show pissed off like nobody's business.  One of the highlights of my life is that I met the latter and didn't piss him off - in fact, I made him smile.

Really sad that that's one of the highlights of my life, eh?  I should really get out more.  Or some.

Barb!  Remember this little one I posted somewhere (don't remember where, now)? 

I wouldn't want him looking at me this way...   :-\
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #1636 on: September 20, 2006, 02:46:04 pm »
The more I look at this picture, the more emotions I see that could possibly be present.

This could be a look of anger, but I also see sadness present too.... It could also be interpreted as a lustful look (in one of those serious Film Noir type artistic ways)
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1637 on: September 20, 2006, 03:55:49 pm »
The more I look at this picture, the more emotions I see that could possibly be present.

This could be a look of anger, but I also see sadness present too.... It could also be interpreted as a lustful look (in one of those serious Film Noir type artistic ways)

I wonder if this was taken during the shoot in which his mother was supposedly overheard telling him she thought he looked "depressed."  I don't think he looks depressed here, anyway.  But if he does look lustful, it's not exactly a happy lust - it's an obsessive one.  Makes me think of the lyric "I will turn your face to alabaster when you find your servant is your master."  But then everything makes me think of a lyric (or line or story...), doesn't it?  ;)
No more beans!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #1638 on: September 20, 2006, 11:40:50 pm »
Barb!  Remember this little one I posted somewhere (don't remember where, now)? 

I wouldn't want him looking at me this way...   :-\

mmmm, I would... I could imagine the aftermath of that look would be quite pleasant  ;)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1639 on: September 20, 2006, 11:57:48 pm »

To me, the look is similar to the expression on his face as Ennis drives away after the dozy embrace scene... anyone else think that? 

(Won't hurt my feelings if anyone wants to pipe up and disagree - I'll be the first to admit I don't dwell on that particular scene too much...)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger