Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3174006 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #1830 on: October 21, 2006, 01:54:16 am »
Here is a story about what a great person Jake is.   :D

http://greedybitch.livejournal.com/16575.html?mode=reply

Here is the story, just in case it vanishes:

keep smiling
yeah, basically I can't stop smiling because.....I met Jake Gyllenhaal. haha and now if I already wasn't before, I am completely in awe/in love with him. He was so nice!

The story goes like this..I was meeting Candice uptown by Grand Central Station and since I don't know my way around above 14 street I was on the wrong side of the street anyway there were all these paparazzi by this restaurant so I asked them what was going on and blah blah I guess they were having some benefit for some crap but anyway I hear JAKE is gonna be there. So Candice and I meet up and 30 mins later we met him. He showed up with Robert Downey Jr. (hot) and Lance Armstrong (also hot.)

So because there were all these paparazzi and us, he was basically getting BOMBARDED and we were being pushed out of the way and not to mention that security guards were dicks and like getting in our way. Anyway, Candice asks him for a picture and he just kept walking so I thought he a) didn't hear her or b) was ignoring the question. But then he walks right over to us, past the secutiry and said "Ok girls but make it quick." HAHA so we had no one to take our picture so we asked his publicist or some dude he was with and the guy said NO. I was so shocked and like thinking OMG who is gonna take the picture? I made a face and Jake was like "uhhhh" just looking at us and so Candice said "We'll just take the picture ourselves." Oh yeah, this whole time his arm is resting nicely on the both of us. haha

That's why this picture looks so silly because Jake and I are looking into MY CAMERA and Candice is taking the photo. BY the way in the picture I took all you see it Jake and the side of my face and Candice's. It's really bad. But thank god this one was salvageable.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 03:32:25 pm by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #1831 on: October 21, 2006, 02:55:22 am »
What a great story, Jane!!!  Lucky girls!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1832 on: October 21, 2006, 12:06:33 pm »
ok, now who would not want to trade places with Atticus here?? ???

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #1833 on: October 21, 2006, 06:49:41 pm »
And again I ask... WHO...IS...SHE???!! This is TWO different women he's been pictured with on this thread in as many days. Good job I'm the forgiving type.  >:( ;)

Man, that is one lucky mutt...
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1834 on: October 21, 2006, 09:15:23 pm »
And again I ask... WHO...IS...SHE???!! This is TWO different women he's been pictured with on this thread in as many days. Good job I'm the forgiving type.  >:( ;)

Man, that is one lucky mutt...

Yeah....Lucky dawg !!!!
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1835 on: October 22, 2006, 02:55:02 am »
Maybe I missed this, but I thought it interesting news:

The linked article says that "[Reese Witherspoon] starts filming a new movie, “Rendition,” with Jake Gyllenhaal next month, directed by Gavin Hood (of the Oscar-winning “Tsotsi")...As Reese explains it, it’s about Americans intersecting with the Muslim world. An unknown Egyptian actor will play her husband, who is tortured in the Middle East by Gyllenhaal. “It’s like 'Crash,' with a lot of different characters,” she explained."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,221507,00.html

I have a feeling that this will be an amazing movie, but I don't know if I'm ready for Jake to be a torturer...Not that I doubt his artistic abilities will make the role come alive...I can actually see him taking a bit of gleeful pleasure in playing the anti-Jake, though it sounds as if it is a serious film...I'm just not sure that I'll be emotionally OK with watching it.  Maybe I will be by the time the movie is in theatres...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 05:00:57 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #1836 on: October 22, 2006, 04:57:11 am »
One of the spoilers and pre-production reports I read said that Jake is to play "A CIA analyst in Cairo who witnesses an unorthodox interrogation of a foreign national by the Egyptian secret police" .  I think that sounds better than him being the one doing the torture, more Jake like.  I agree that I'm not sure I could watch an evil Jake torture someone. actually not sure I would believe in an evil Jake. Hmmmm

But I am looking forward to Rendition.  I hear production starts in November.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1837 on: October 22, 2006, 11:47:57 am »
"Like Crash."  Don't say that. I saw a sneak screening of BABEL and somone had compared it to CRASH on a global scale.   Crash was not the film  to invent the genre of alot of characters that have some vague interconnection. Babel was better and Brad Pitt allowed himself to look unattractive, very gritty.   That whole genre can end up being quite messy if you have too many characters and to many different stories going on at once.

I was hoping Jake would be the romantic spouse and Reese gets killed in the first two minutes of the film and we'd see her in flashbacks throughouit the film while Jake is hunting down the killers.  He could do some brooding as well.  OH wait, that's the CONSTANT GARDENER.   

Don't want Jake to torture ppl.   Maybe I should write to him saying he should be playing an international do-gooder who overhears something he's not suppose to.   :D   Nah, they probably wouldn't listen to me.

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #1838 on: October 22, 2006, 11:03:59 pm »
Hi!
I was just wondering if I could ask a Jake type question here.  I had heard a rumor somewhere (?) that Jake had a body double for the scene where his and Heath's characters jumped off a cliff (nekkid) into the water.

Can anyone tell me whether that is true or false?
Thanx.

NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1839 on: October 22, 2006, 11:15:12 pm »
Hi!
I was just wondering if I could ask a Jake type question here.  I had heard a rumor somewhere (?) that Jake had a body double for the scene where his and Heath's characters jumped off a cliff (nekkid) into the water.

Can anyone tell me whether that is true or false?
Thanx.

There was body double for that scene.  The reasons I've heard are that Jake has a fear of heights and also that he was out-of-town (in New Mexico?) filming there when the scene was shot.  I cannot vouch for the truth of the why's...but it is not Jake jumping off the cliff.  Maybe someone else can point us to reliable 'why' info?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:24:40 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."