Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3176294 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2370 on: January 03, 2007, 05:59:38 pm »
I voted again. I can stomach much, but *not* Kiefer Sutherland being voted more attractive than Jake. That's just so......... totally, utterly, unbelievably wrong:o

Nicky, I immediately figured that whoever compiled that list had to be a standard die-hard Lord of the Rings fan and that might be Sean Bean's reason d'etre on the list. I mean, Aragorn, Legolas and Boromir are all on that list.  ;D 

I'm curious..... who *would* your friends have voted for?

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #2371 on: January 03, 2007, 06:12:18 pm »
I'm curious..... who *would* your friends have voted for?

Racking my brain for reasons WHY Jake isn't amongst them... here's a list of some of my friends' current objects of desire, in no particular order...

Justin Timberlake
Robbie Williams
Tony Leung
Ronan Keating
Orlando Bloom
Robert Downey Jr
George Clooney
Clint Eastwood (circa 1960s)

Do I have weird taste in lust-objects? 'Cos nobody understands my enduring lust for Kevin Bacon or Robert Stadlober either... ::)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 08:01:47 pm by saucycobblers »
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2372 on: January 03, 2007, 08:11:29 pm »
I'm sorry, but Hugh Laurie???  Great actor, but not one of the most attractive folks I've ever seen.

100% agreement Barb, Hugh Laurie??? I don't think so.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2373 on: January 03, 2007, 10:10:06 pm »
How the hell did Jon Bon Jovi get ahead of Jake AND Johnny Depp!  Are the Brits blind or what, does all the percipatation blur their vision? Is all their taste in their mouths? ??? Hugh Laurie and Keifer Sutherland better looking than Colin Firth and Hugh Jackman? ON what planet!  Give me a friggin break.

:laugh:  OK I feel better now  ::sigh::

Oh and Jake just Broke (pun intended) 2000 votes, he's at 2017!  ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2374 on: January 04, 2007, 12:07:01 am »
I voted again. I can stomach much, but *not* Kiefer Sutherland being voted more attractive than Jake. That's just so......... totally, utterly, unbelievably wrong:o

Ok peeps, Jakey is behind Keifer Sutherland by *only* 255 votes.  That is less than yesterday.  we can easily supass KS if we all do our jobs here, I know I will be voting every 15 mins night and day for the next two weeks!  :)

Rally Rally Gyllenhaalics! 

;D :D :) ;) ;D :D :o ::) 8) :P :-* :laugh: :laugh: O0

Here is the link again:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/vote/grand-finale2006/hombreatractivo.html?presentar=resultado&reciente=false&error=&reciente=false&reciente=true&error=-2

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #2375 on: January 04, 2007, 01:24:08 pm »
Wooo Hooo  ;D  Jake has moved up to number 6, subplanting Keifer Sutherland.  As of this morning Jakey has 3,106 votes, next to fall Hugh Laurie! ....BUT.... he has an impressive lead with a total of over 4400 votes  nope make that 4600 votes (what are they THINKING) :-\ daunting but not impossible since the contest does not close until January 18 and if EVERYONE votes as often as they can >>>>

WE CAN DO IT!

;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 01:36:45 pm by dot-matrix »

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2376 on: January 04, 2007, 01:45:12 pm »
Wooo Hooo  ;D  Jake has moved up to number 6, subplanting Keifer Sutherland.  As of this morning Jakey has 3,106 votes, next to fall Hugh Laurie! ....BUT.... he has an impressive lead with a total of over 4400 votes  nope make that 4600 votes (what are they THINKING) :-\ daunting but not impossible since the contest does not close until January 18 and if EVERYONE votes as often as they can >>>>

WE CAN DO IT!

;)

Yes we can do it, if we all give it our best effort.  I know I have voted at least 70 or 80 times already, and I went over to DC and rattled the branches there last night.  So ever'body who loves Jakey rally around!  Just think how cool it will be when he bumps up as high as he can on that list!   :o :D  Of course everyone must know that that is a British and a European magazine, but who else from North America besides TV actors is doing as well as our Jakey?  No-one that I can see.  C'mon, Hugh Laurie and Keifer Sutherland are not in that league at all, IMO.  Jakey could very well top the North American contingent!

wooo-hoooo!

;) ;D
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #2377 on: January 05, 2007, 12:24:00 am »
Still number six but Jake's now got 4043 votes!

WARNING ::) shameless commercial for Mandy's incredible writing coming up

Jake/Jack on a train, just in case your wondering why...take a peak at Mandy's (littleguitar) new fan fic, Just by Looking at You.  It's not your usual fan fic even folks that don't like fan fic, like myself, are hooked  :D  Do yourself a favor and Check it out! You won't be sorry, promise  ;D

http://minchout.livejournal.com/tag/just+by+looking+at+you

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2378 on: January 05, 2007, 11:00:05 pm »
Still number six but Jake's now got 4043 votes!

WARNING ::) shameless commercial for Mandy's incredible writing coming up

Jake/Jack on a train, just in case your wondering why...take a peak at Mandy's (littleguitar) new fan fic, Just by Looking at You.  It's not your usual fan fic even folks that don't like fan fic, like myself, are hooked  :D  Do yourself a favor and Check it out! You won't be sorry, promise  ;D

http://minchout.livejournal.com/tag/just+by+looking+at+you

Dottie I love you  :-* LOL I just saw your post over on the fan fic board and rushed over here! Thanks for the pimpage  :D

That pic about killed me when I saw it it was so perfect!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #2379 on: January 06, 2007, 12:47:15 am »
Dottie I love you  :-* LOL I just saw your post over on the fan fic board and rushed over here! Thanks for the pimpage  :D

That pic about killed me when I saw it it was so perfect!

and I'm right fonda you little darlin!  ;D  I LOVED that picture when I saw it.  It is so perfect, I can just imagine all those folks getting off at their stops until no one is left but Ennis and Jack and the old guy in corner....and that sad lonely look in Jack's eyes and Ennis looking at the floor....Oh yeah ::sigh::