Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3137158 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #330 on: June 23, 2006, 02:26:42 am »
Well, clearly I can't say for sure, but I think it's well-publicized that Jake is internet savvy; he has a myspace area.  If he doesn't know about iheartjake (and Heath doesn't know about heathbaby) then they are way more out of touch than would make sense.

If I were an actor, I'd querry myself and my work occasionally to see what the general populace has to say, sorta to take the pulse of fans without the publicity agent spin.  And, thanks to Phillip & John's efforts, BetterMost shows up when you do a google search, right?  I may be dreamin', but leave me to my delusions, k?  ;)

Yes, I'd seen that about Annie Proulx...it's probably overwhelming and at some point moving on is required so she can continue working.   But at 70+, with Pulitzer's and Faulkner awards and so forth, she can be as eccentric as she wants to be.  We'll still pay attention to whatever she has to say next.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #331 on: June 23, 2006, 02:45:51 am »
Hi Lynne:

Well I have read that he does indeed know about iheartjake.  I read a piece on iheartjake, written by the webmistress Ally, where she went to a benefit or awards event, stood behind the velvet ropes (or-whatever-you-call-those-things), and she got to meet Jake very briefly, got his autograph, I think she got hugged by him, picture taken with him.  And she wrote that the first thing she said to him was "do you know the website iheartjake?  and our boy answered yes.  She told him that it was hers, I think that's when he hugged her.  I thinks she's very young, like 17 or something.  Maybe she's 18 now.

If Jake was surfing the web looking for a fansite for BBM I can see him finding the Dave Cullen behemoth board, but I sure would love to think that he would find our small-town little gem of a fan website, sure would be nice if he were following the superlative extremely hilarious production of Broke Arsed Mountain.  It's a winner!

I'm dreamin' right along with you, girl!  Today my co-worker said we should try to get a letter to him, tell him that she and I want to meet him.  Do you think that might fly?   :laugh: :laugh:

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #332 on: June 23, 2006, 12:26:06 pm »
he has a myspace area.

He does?  other than the one that's there now under the name Jake Gyllenhaal, that appears to be some bogus $%%$^% created by a little teenager??

what's the address? ;D

His own official website seems to be out-of-date....

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #333 on: June 23, 2006, 01:06:35 pm »
Jake on June 21st! (My b-day!!  See ... he was seriously thinking of me!! 
Going..."Hmmm..I wonder what Lucise is wearing right now! "   ::)  )

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #334 on: June 23, 2006, 01:11:54 pm »
For some reason, Jake is just popping up all over my computer today...

Leslie started it .... :P

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #335 on: June 23, 2006, 01:29:22 pm »
I'm dreamin' right along with you, girl!  Today my co-worker said we should try to get a letter to him, tell him that she and I want to meet him.  Do you think that might fly?   :laugh: :laugh:
J

I say go for it!
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" --Wayne Gretsky
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #336 on: June 23, 2006, 01:31:31 pm »
Are you for real??  Ya really think Jake Gyllenhaal KNOWS about BetterMost???  Man that would just make my day!! That would be sooo cool! 8) 8)

I have speculated in the past few weeks, wondered if Ang Lee ever reads the stuff that is written about the movie, if Annie Proulx ever reads ALL the stuff written about her magnificent story...  (You know that she has said she is not going to answer or be interviewed about BBM any more?)

.... and to even dream that Jake Gyllenhaal would visit BetterMost and read what we are writing about him and about his Jack well that just warms my heart. :-*

Please tell me it is true!

J

PS:  oh yeah, and Heath too, of course *blush*  (and Anne Hathaway, and Michelle Williams)

I,m sure he does know about us. I bet some of the stuff he reads about him and Heath make him laugh.  Jake, if you do read Bettermost, go and read Leslie,s story on fanfiction and see what Jack and Ennis have really been up too.  It,ll make ya blush. ;) ;)
Btw, you said something I wondered about too.  I wonder if Ang has read "ALBFS"?  Now wouldnt THAT be cool.  Do ya reckon they,d do the scene with the peanut butter? ;) ;) ;)  We can only pray. ::)
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #337 on: June 23, 2006, 01:32:34 pm »
And some quotes attributed to the oh-so-fine Mr. Gyllenhaal:

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/jake_gyllenhaal/3.html
"Laß sein. Laß sein."