Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3163606 times)

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5370 on: March 31, 2011, 10:34:42 pm »
Did anyone else see Jake on Jon Stewart's The Daily Show last night? Personally I found it a little disappointing. Stewart's constant questions about Jake's love life -  which clearly Jake didn't want to answer - quickly became tedious and their brief attempt to pretend they were in a version of Source Code with repeating phrases felt pretty lame. As well, Stewart allowed Jake very little time to talk about the movie which presumably was why he was there.

Unfortunately, up here in Canada, I don't seem to be able to access the video of last night's episode but I'm sure it can be found online if anybody's interested. Anyway, here's a review of last night's episode I found earlier today:

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart    Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Jake Gyllenhaal
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full Episodes    Political Humor & Satire Blog    The Daily Show on Facebook

Pity poor Jake Gyllenhaal. No one, it seems -- not even Jon Stewart -- can resist trying to set up the handsome actor. To paraphrase Jane Austen: It's a truth universally acknowledged that a single movie star in possession of a good fortune and dazzling pecs must be in want of a wife.

On Wednesday night, Gyllenhaal tried his darndest to plug his new movie, "Source Code," on "The Daily Show," but Jon Stewart wouldn't have it. Like the rest of us, Stewart was too busy wondering why Gyllenhaal, who seems like such a nice boy, hasn't found a nice young lady to settle down with already.

Stewart gave "Source Code" the obligatory, fill-in-the-blank mention -- "This movie looks very good, and I've heard very good things about it" -- then quickly moved on to more urgent matters.

"I don't want to be a yenta," Stewart began, but "I have a girl for you." He then mentioned an audience member who, before taping began, had declared her intention to become Mrs. Jake Gyllenhaal. Would he consider the proposal?

"I'll think about it," the actor responded.

It was a good-natured demurral, but Stewart wasn't going to take "maybe" for an answer. He pressed the issue: "I don't know what your situation ... I don't know if you're single, if you're dating."

"I'm a little worried about your interest in this," Gyllenhaal confessed, but the protest could not stop Stewart's prying.  
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 05:36:48 pm by chowhound »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5371 on: April 07, 2011, 02:15:50 pm »
On Wednesday night, Gyllenhaal tried his darndest to plug his new movie, "Source Code," on "The Daily Show," but Jon Stewart wouldn't have it. Like the rest of us, Stewart was too busy wondering why Gyllenhaal, who seems like such a nice boy, hasn't found a nice young lady to settle down with already.

Well, I read in this morning's Metro that last weekend in New York, Jake had dates with three different starlets in one weekend. That could be one reason!  ;D

There is the (somewhat vulgar and demeaning) old saying, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" In Jake's case, one might ask, "Why buy one cow when you're getting the whole herd for free?"  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #5372 on: April 07, 2011, 02:21:13 pm »
Hey guys!

Just thought I'd share the link to Jake's Eyelashes on DCF, where Catia (Juliacat) tells about her meeting with Jake last night. Some of you may already have seen it on FB, but for everyone else, here goes:

http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=40796.msg2068202#msg2068202

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #5373 on: April 07, 2011, 02:44:47 pm »
Hey guys!

Just thought I'd share the link to Jake's Eyelashes on DCF, where Catia (Juliacat) tells about her meeting with Jake last night. Some of you may already have seen it on FB, but for everyone else, here goes:

http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=40796.msg2068202#msg2068202

thank you Sonja for sharing!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #5374 on: April 07, 2011, 02:46:42 pm »
thank you Sonja for sharing!

You're welcome.

It happened in Rome, btw.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5375 on: April 08, 2011, 02:01:27 am »
Pity poor Jake Gyllenhaal. No one, it seems -- not even Jon Stewart -- can resist trying to set up the handsome actor. To paraphrase Jane Austen: It's a truth universally acknowledged that a single movie star in possession of a good fortune and dazzling pecs must be in want of a wife.

:laugh:

"Why buy one cow when you're getting the whole herd for free?"  8)

:laugh:

thanks for the laugh.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5376 on: April 11, 2011, 10:16:02 am »
I have a slow day at work....what more can I say  8)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5377 on: April 11, 2011, 10:18:17 am »
No shortage of..pleasant Jake pics to be had

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator