Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3163420 times)

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5470 on: April 05, 2012, 06:21:15 pm »
Happy Passover!
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V4xwR0VPzbs#![/youtube]

:) So cute! I have never seen this before. I love it.

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5471 on: April 05, 2012, 06:25:47 pm »

AHEM! There is a really nice wine bar called Tarallucci E Vino with a nice outside area immediately  across SoulCycle.

Just So You Know.   ;D ;D ;D

15 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003
(212) 228-5400

taralluccievino.net
http://www.yelp.com/biz/tarallucci-e-vino-new-york-2

(Seriously, nice place--I go to the one on First Ave and 10th Street--you'll like it!)

http://gothamist.com/2005/12/02/camera_in_the_k_3.php

Camera in the Kitchen: Tarallucci e Vino

and when the weather starts being nice, you can happily sit for hours :   ::) ::)

You might know Pepi di Giacomo and Luca di Pietro from the East Village bakery-become-coffee haven, Tarallucci e Vino where they sell their namesake's signature semolina cookies and lots of vino right along with Roman coffee beans and a smattering of panini. Following suit, the duo have just opened a new wine bar, patisserie, and coffee spot of the same name at 15 East 18th St. (between Broadway & 5th), showcasing more pastries, more wine, more coffee, and adding a repetoire of cheeses, salads, panini, quiches, and mouth-watering entrees including quail and polenta and pork loin that will fill even the most discerning palette. At the bar space in the front, one can choose from over a dozen wines poured by the glass, and snack on complimentary plates of olives or bite-sized panzerotti. The main dining space is elevated--beautifully--and there, options range from sauteed artichokes with black olive puree to potato gnocchi with speck and radicchio. Gothamist also stole a taste of the ricotta and spinach fritata panini, which comes spread with an artichoke mayo on ciabatta bread with greens lightly doused in homemade balsamic vinaigarette, one of their sandwiches not to be missed.

To accomodate the wayfarer without time to sit and mosey around inside, there is Tarallucci To Go, a concession-stand sized storefront offering more of the same espresso, pastries in the morning, and panini and gelato for lunch. Take a peak, and, if, like Gothamist you work in the neighborhood, you might find yourself a frequent (or addicted) visitor.

Tarallucci e Vino is located at 15 East 18th St. between Broadway & 5th Avenue. (212) 228-5400.

JOHN......you are killing me with all these lovely resturants. And good view of course  ;D I wanna go back soooonnnnn.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5472 on: April 05, 2012, 10:26:57 pm »

I think being half Jewish makes the best people.  Two of my favorite celebs are half Jewish.  And it so happens half
Northern climes.  Jake and Adam, are both half Jewish, and have from the cold north countries..

Beautiful mind

Offline Sophia

Re: Jake Jake Jake! Emergency POST!!!!!
« Reply #5473 on: April 19, 2012, 01:45:27 pm »
Jake in theatre this autumn.... In an off Broadway show!!!!

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5474 on: April 19, 2012, 01:49:39 pm »
*Emergency Post* Jake Gyllenhaal to appear on the US stage this year in 'If There Is I haven't Found it Yet'
We have news from Variety and it's corking! So find those opera glasses, dig out some posh togs and book those tickets! And I quote...
Jake Gyllenhaal will make his U.S. stage debut later this year in an Off Broadway staging of Nick Payne's play "If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet."
Show will be produced as part of the 2012-13 season at the Gotham nonprofit Roundabout Theater Company, which also has added the world preem of "Bad Jews" to its Roundabout Underground season of smaller-scale productions of new works.
Payne's comic family drama bowed at London's Bush Theater in 2009. The Stateside preem will be helmed by Michael Longhurst, director of Payne's "Constellations," which earlier this year won Brit plaudits in a run at the Royal Court.
Gyllenhaal, who starred in Kenneth Lonergan's "This is Our Youth" on the West End, will play the estranged uncle who arrives for an unannounced visit with a family whose members include an overweight and bullied teen girl, a mother trying to protect her daughter and an environmentalist dad.

"If There Is" begins previews Aug. 24 ahead of a Sept. 20 opening at the Roundabout's Laura Pels Theater.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5475 on: April 19, 2012, 01:52:39 pm »
I know I´ll be there!! Let the drool fest begin! :D

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5476 on: April 19, 2012, 01:53:53 pm »

I am allllll INNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5477 on: April 19, 2012, 01:55:40 pm »

Jake in theatre this autumn.... In an off Broadway show!!!!

Woah! Sophia does it again!!   :laugh: :laugh: 8) 8)

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-jake-gyllenhaal-offbroadway-play-20120419,0,6305848.story

Jake Gyllenhaal
to star in off-Broadway play

By David Ng
April 19, 2012, 8:46 a.m

Jake Gyllenhaal is set to star in an off-Broadway play from the Roundabout Theatre Company. The Oscar-nominated actor will appear in the ensemble comedy-drama "If There Is I Haven’t Found It Yet" by British playwright Nick Payne.

Gyllenhaal has acted on stage in London, but this would be his U.S. stage debut. Organizers said Thursday that the play is scheduled to open Sept. 20 at the Laura Pels Theatre in New York.

A summary of the play provided by the Roundabout states that the story revolves around a 15-year-old girl with a weight problem. Gyllenhaal will play the girl's uncle, a drifter who arrives at her home unannounced and forms an unlikely friendship.

The rest of the cast will be announced later, said the Roundabout. The play will be directed by Michael Longhurst.

Gyllenhaal starred in a 2002 London stage production of Kenneth Lonergan's "This Is Our Youth" with Anna Paquin and Hayden Christensen.

Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jake's sister, has appeared off-Broadway a number of the times, including a production of "Three Sisters" at Classic Stage Company in downtown New York. In L.A., audiences saw her in the Mark Taper Forum's 2003 production of Tony Kushner's "Homebody/Kabul," which headed on to New York.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5478 on: April 19, 2012, 01:56:10 pm »

I am glad Jake got you back at the right place!  :D :D :D

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5479 on: April 19, 2012, 01:58:54 pm »

Woah! Sophia does it again!!   :laugh: :laugh: 8) 8)

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-jake-gyllenhaal-offbroadway-play-20120419,0,6305848.story

Jake Gyllenhaal
to star in off-Broadway play

By David Ng
April 19, 2012, 8:46 a.m

Jake Gyllenhaal is set to star in an off-Broadway play from the Roundabout Theatre Company. The Oscar-nominated actor will appear in the ensemble comedy-drama "If There Is I Haven’t Found It Yet" by British playwright Nick Payne.

Gyllenhaal has acted on stage in London, but this would be his U.S. stage debut. Organizers said Thursday that the play is scheduled to open Sept. 20 at the Laura Pels Theatre in New York.

A summary of the play provided by the Roundabout states that the story revolves around a 15-year-old girl with a weight problem. Gyllenhaal will play the girl's uncle, a drifter who arrives at her home unannounced and forms an unlikely friendship.

The rest of the cast will be announced later, said the Roundabout. The play will be directed by Michael Longhurst.

Gyllenhaal starred in a 2002 London stage production of Kenneth Lonergan's "This Is Our Youth" with Anna Paquin and Hayden Christensen.

Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jake's sister, has appeared off-Broadway a number of the times, including a production of "Three Sisters" at Classic Stage Company in downtown New York. In L.A., audiences saw her in the Mark Taper Forum's 2003 production of Tony Kushner's "Homebody/Kabul," which headed on to New York.

This is just awesome, John. A New York gathering is a must!!!!  :D :D :D :D