Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3165116 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5530 on: September 03, 2012, 04:19:18 pm »

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #5531 on: September 03, 2012, 05:27:58 pm »
Wow!

Yah what a place. Sounds like we have a plan for a second dinner.  ;D ;D

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5532 on: September 03, 2012, 06:07:28 pm »

Yah what a place. Sounds like we have a plan for a second dinner.  ;D ;D

Heh heh!   ::) ;D

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5533 on: September 03, 2012, 06:15:30 pm »

Wow!

It is, isn't it? VERY Matrix!

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5534 on: September 03, 2012, 07:33:56 pm »

Escutcheon of the Gyllenhaal family from 1652
Gyllenhaal family
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyllenhaal_family

Gyllenhaal is a Swedish noble family descended from the cavalry Lieutenant Nils Gunnarsson Haal (d. 1680 or 1681), ennobled in 1652 with a change of surname to Gyllenhaal.

Family history

Nils Gunnarsson Gyllenhaal's descendants today stem from two of his sons; Lars Gyllenhaal b. 1645 d. 1710, Lieutenant of the Vestgotha cavalry regiment, and his younger brother Hans Gyllenhaal b. 1655 d. 1710. Hans was killed in action at the battle of Helsingborg as a cavalry captain.

The members of the older branch descending from Lars are still living in Sweden. The most notable member of that branch is the above mentioned Prime Minister for Justice Lars Herman Gyllenhaal. In 1851 he was created Knight and Commander of the Royal Order of the Seraphim. His great-great grandson Herman Gyllenhaal till Haerlingstorp b. 1934, is now the baron of the family and his son, the above-mentioned Lars Gyllenhaal, is now the head of both branches of the noble family Gyllenhaal.

All the members of the family in the United States are descended from Hans Gyllenhaal and come from his great great-great grandson Anders Leonard b.1842 d. 1905 and his wife Amanda b. Nelson b.1859 d.1948. Anders Leonard Gyllenhaal immigrated to the United States in 1866. The hitherto most memorable member of this younger branch was Leonard Gyllenhaal (1752-1840). He was in 1807 created a Knight of the Royal Order of Vasa for his scientific work as an entomologist, including his monograph of Swedish insects, Insecta Suecia descripta.

Family name

The spelling of the name Gyllenhaal caused problems right from the beginning. Its origin is clear: Nils Gunnarsson Gyllenhaal's father was Gunne Olofsson Haal from Hahlegården, a crown homestead in South Härene Parish in the county of Västergötland in West Sweden. "Haal" comes from the name of the farm "Hahlegården", with different spelling. This confusion was mirrored in Nils' ennoblement: In the Knighthood Letter, signed by Queen Christina, the family name was written in two different ways — first "Gyllenhahl" and then "Gyllenhaal". On the copperplate with his coat of arms now hanging in the House of Nobles (Riddarhuset) in Stockholm it is spelled "Gyllenhahl".[7] The prefix "Gyllen", i.e. "Golden", was the one most used when ennobling someone since the 16th century.

Jake Gyllenhaal, great-great grandson of the above-mentioned Anders Leonard Gyllenhaal, joked to an interviewer, in connection with the British première of the movie Prince of Persia  in May 2010, that his last name was pronounced "Yil-en-hoo-luh-hay", poking fun at people's difficulties with Swedish pronunciation.

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5535 on: September 03, 2012, 07:38:31 pm »

Escutcheon of the Gyllenhaal family from 1652
Gyllenhaal family
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyllenhaal_family

Family name

Jake Gyllenhaal, great-great grandson of the above-mentioned Anders Leonard Gyllenhaal, joked to an interviewer, in connection with the British première of the movie Prince of Persia  in May 2010, that his last name was pronounced "Yil-en-hoo-luh-hay", poking fun at people's difficulties with Swedish pronunciation.

I am SCREAMING with laughter over our famous friend "Yake Yil-en-hoo-luh-hay"--

HA!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5536 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:54 pm »

Who Knew? Dep't:

The "most royal" U.S. celebs related to Elizabeth II:

Jake Gyllenhaal:                                                                                                                                                            Maggie Gyllenhaal:
19th cousin. Shared ancestor: Edward III.                                                                                        19th cousin. Shared ancestor: Edward III.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-207_162-10013545-3.html?tag=page;previous

"Camping Out"

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #5537 on: September 06, 2012, 07:18:49 am »

It is, isn't it? VERY Matrix!

I´m just waiting for Mr Andersson to arrive.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:28:14 pm by sophytofu »

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #5538 on: September 18, 2012, 07:03:47 am »
I don't understand the last line of the article.  Is he saying he replaced his previous "three closest friends"?
~~~

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=757962&affid=100055

Jake Gyllenhaal recalls harrowing experience during police ride-along
Sept. 17, 2012, 5:21 PM EST
WENN
Jake Gyllenhaal says he was left scarred by his first midnight ride-along with Los Angeles police officers as he prepared to play a cop in the new film "End of Watch." The actor spent months patrolling at night before filming on the gritty new movie began.
He tells WENN, "The very first ride-along that I went on, someone was murdered in front of me. It was a gang shooting that was obviously drug-related. We were the second car on the scene, and I had no idea what to expect when I went on the first ride-along. I was scared at the time because it's really easy to become complacent.
"You show up for the 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. shift, which is a strange time of night to be working and you don't get a call until 3:30 in the morning. All of a sudden you get a call for a shooting and you have to deal with that and keep your mind in check.
"What was actually scariest was watching these police officers and asking myself, 'How will I function being an actor in the back seat of their car, which is an extra responsibility for them, to make sure we're safe and protected?' You got some pretty incredible guys dealing with both things at the same time. It was really life-affirming.
"My three closest friends are police officers from this adventure, and that's more important to me than any movie."
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #5539 on: September 26, 2012, 10:55:54 am »
Seems like he put a great deal of heart into making this film.  I hope it continues to do well at box office.
~~~
Anna Kendrick on holding hands with Gyllenhaal
Wednesday, 26 September 2012
Anna Kendrick found it "weird" that Jake Gyllenhaal held her hand "the entire time" on the set of their new movie.
The actress plays the girlfriend of Jake's cop character in End of Watch. Anna was taken aback by Jake's dedication to achieving believable intimacy between them.
"I really followed his lead on that. I'm really glad that he was so open and giving on that end, just like somebody who wants to reach inside you and rip you open in this really incredible way," she told ign.com. "He was so deep in the sh*t by the time that I got there that he was completely mentally there all day every day. So when I showed up and he was holding my hand the entire time I was like, 'This is weird right?'
"But I think that's exactly why that relationship is believable in such a short amount of screen time."
End of Watch also stars Mike Peña and Natalie Martinez. Anna has revealed how she got into the mind-set of being a police officer's partner in the movie.
"It was interesting for me because it was one of those weird life imitating art situations where all of my rehearsals were with just Jake. So I've met Mike and I've met Natalie, but I didn't know them well at all, so when I came to set it really felt like my new boyfriend introducing me to his good friends," she smiled.
© Cover Media
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...