Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3171156 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5540 on: September 26, 2012, 08:49:31 pm »
John Lahr, the theater critic for The New Yorker, says Jake plays his role in the play "superbly" (Oct. 1 issue).  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5541 on: September 26, 2012, 09:36:18 pm »

John Lahr, the theater critic for The New Yorker, says Jake plays his role in the play "superbly" (Oct. 1 issue).  :D

He does, too. I felt proud  for him, like an elderly distant relative!  ::) :laugh:

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/theatre/2012/10/01/121001crth_theatre_lahr

The Theatre

Ties that Blind
by John Lahr

“If There Is I Haven’t Found It Yet.”

Illustration by http://paulthurlby.com/

(....)

When they are both called to account, the indictment comes from George's deadhead younger brother, Terry (Jake Gyllenhaal), who returns from a year and a half of wanderlust to crash at their house, and forms a friendship with Anna. "That girl has been criminally fucking neglected!" Terry shouts.

As Gyllenhall superbly plays him, Terry is a bearded, feral soul, who sidles into view in a gray knit cap and a yellow T-shirt, at once heartbroken and hapless. "I, I. I fuck things up. And it makes me mad," he says. He's full of good intentions and bad advice. (He suggests to Anna that she tells her school tormentor "that if she gives you any more grief, I'll be taking shit on her doorstep for the next month and a half.") He can't mobilize thought; he is cluless--a state that is betrayed by his syntax. His sentences, like his life, have no direction or resolution. "Prb'ly shoulda rung or something, but," he says when he sees Anna (whom he addresses as "Hannah") for the first time. "Phone was fucked and I thought, by the time I've arsed around getting change for the fucking. You know the phone, and that, thought I might as well just."

(....)

Gyllenhaal parses every piquant note of Terry's paradoxical nature, keeping his danger and his decency in balance. In his unboundaried moments, Terry offers Anna beer, condoms, and a joint, and lets her slip out on a date, At other times, he seems to have a more adult purchase on reality. "What's y'daughter's favorite subject, George?" he asks his brother. "What's her favorite meal? Favorite film, favorite band. Any of it. Stab in the dark, George. Need to think about what y'doing."

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5542 on: October 18, 2012, 11:03:02 am »
Some fan on Twitter posted a fake endorsement of Romney from Jake and a few news outlets picked it up:

http://www.eonline.com/news/354336/fake-jake-gyllenhaal-endorses-mitt-romney-hulk-hogan-s-sex-tape-smackdown-and-more-must-read-news
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5543 on: November 05, 2012, 10:33:23 am »
Viola Davis joins Gyllenhaal, Jackman in thriller

Nov. 3, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
By Liza Foreman
TheWrap

Viola Davis has joined the cast of "Prisoners," which also stars Jake Gyllenhaal, TheWrap has learned.

Davis, who was nominated for an Oscar for "The Help," also joins Paul Dano, Hugh Jackman and Melissa Leo in the thriller to be directed by Denis Villeneuve ("Incendies").

Written by Aaron Guzikowski ("Contraband"), the story revolves around a small-town carpenter named Keller (Jackman) whose young daughter and her best friend are kidnapped. After the cops fail to find them, Keller takes the law into his own hands, but in the process runs up against Detective Loki (Gyllenhaal), a hot-shot cop with confidence to burn.

Alcon's Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson are producing, along with 8:38 Productions' Kira Davis and Madhouse Entertainment's Adam Kolbrenner. Ed McDonnell and John Stark will executive produce.

Production is scheduled to begin in early 2013.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5544 on: November 11, 2012, 12:25:37 am »

What th--!!!

:o :o :o
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/picture-jake-gyllenhaal-holds-hands-with-mystery-girl-20121011

PICTURE:
Jake Gyllenhaal
Holds Hands With Mystery Girl
Celebrity News
By UsWeekly Staff
November 10, 2012 AT 4:56PM

Jake Gyllenhaal in New York City spotted holding hands with a new female
friend on November 9, 2012.

Is there a new leading lady in Jake Gyllenhaal's life?

The actor was photographed holding hands with a mystery girl while going for a stroll in NYC Friday, Nov. 9. Gyllenhaal, 31, shared a few laughs with the brunette beauty as she held onto his arm.

The "End of Watch" actor is currently performing in the off-Broadway play If There is I Haven't Found it Yet.  Sporting a full, scruffy beard, Gyllenhaal kept warm in a puffy black coat and hat during the walk.

He briefly dated Minka Kelly over the summer, but Gyllenhaal's last serious relationship was with singer-soongwriter Taylor Swift, 22, from October 2010 until January 2011.

Several songs on Swift's new album, Red, are rumored to be about her relationship with Gyllenhaal. "She's haunted by that relationship," a source told Us Weekly,  adding that the actor "totally screwed with her mind."

For more on all of Swift's quest for The One -- and new details on her past relationship with Gyllenhaal -- pick up the new Us Weekly,  out now!

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5545 on: November 11, 2012, 02:33:01 am »
Gyllenhaal's last serious relationship was with singer-soongwriter Taylor Swift, 22, from October 2010 until January 2011.

Oh, WTF? How can they call it a "serious relationship" when it only lasted about three or four months?

:P  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #5546 on: November 11, 2012, 09:14:31 am »
Maybe they're just quoting the "soongwriter" herself saying it was serious...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #5547 on: November 12, 2012, 12:03:36 pm »
Taylor Swift's Friends Blame Her For Failed Relationships
---'
November 8, 2012 by: Madison Vanderberg

Taylor Swift covers the newest issue of Us Weekly and it features a VERY alarming caption that reads, “Taylor Swift: Why She Can’t Find Love.”

Ouch, why don’t you just position her next to three cats and give her an eharmony.com profile!

It’s obvious that the tabloid world is making T-Swift out to be the next Jennifer Aniston, but even Taylor’s friends are calling her a lousy romantic and blaming her for all her short-lived failed relationships!

A close friend of Taylor told the magazine, “All Taylor wants is to be loved. She's a prisoner of her work. It takes up all of her time. She overworks relationships. She puts so much pressure on them, it ultimately kills the deal. Then she's baffled as to why it didn't work.”

Can I make a suggestion? If Taylor ISN’T in a relationship, she has nothing to sing about? Could it be that she’s just running through men because she’s a savvy businesswoman?

"It's like she's analyzing love like a scientist, rather than just feeling it. It's ironic that she is a multimillionaire from singing about love,” added the friend.

In Taylor’s defense, half of her songs ARE break-ups songs, so it’s not like she’s writing love notes and then breaking up with guys before the album is even released. OK SHE TOTALLY DOES THAT, I’m running out of excuses to support T-Swift now.

As for Taylor, she recently told Cosmopolitan magazine that she had it all figured out when it came to men.

“My advice about guys has to do with how you prioritize them. They can be a part of your life but never let the guy BE your life. They can live in your world, but never make the guy your world,” Taylor revealed.

It’s interesting how she doesn’t take her own advice.

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5548 on: November 12, 2012, 12:56:49 pm »
You gotta wonder who these "friends" really are

Offline Seaweed727

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • We are all better when we are loved.
« Reply #5549 on: November 15, 2012, 01:53:35 pm »
There should be no mystery as to Jake's other friend in that series of photos... Jake wasn't holding hands with Austin Nichols, but he was out for a walk with Jake and his dark haired myster girl.   There are a series of images in this set posted at iheartjake.

Cheers...
"I got a boy, eight months old.... Smiles a lot."