Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3137851 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5570 on: May 15, 2013, 08:40:41 am »
From this morning's Belfast Telegraph:

~~~

Gyllenhaal, Pine go Into The Woods?

Jake Gyllenhaal is in the frame for Into The Woods
15 May 2013

Jake Gyllenhaal and Chris Pine look set to star in the big screen adaptation of Broadway musical Into The Woods.

The Hollywood Reporter said the stars are currently in discussions about signing up for Disney's project, which would see them in their first singing roles.

Jake and Chris haven't clinched parts yet, but are apparently expected to receive offers after meeting and singing for director Rob Marshall.

Meryl Streep and Johnny Depp are already on board for the musical movie, which is a mash-up of different fairytales that follows a baker (James Corden) and his wife as they attempt to lift a family curse by journeying into the woods to confront the witch that put the spell on them.

Oscar-winner Meryl is set to play the part of the villainous witch and Johnny is playing a "sexy" variation of the big bad wolf.

It's thought Jake and Chris would play the musical's two princes.

Into The Woods' musical score was written by Stephen Sondheim, and the screenplay was penned by the 1986 musical's original creator James Lapine.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5571 on: June 18, 2013, 08:28:00 am »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #5572 on: July 16, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/16/alyssa-miller-jake-gyllenhaal-model_n_3605102.html

Alyssa Miller, Jake Gyllenhaal's New Gal, Is Quite The Bonafide Model

Posted: 07/16/2013 12:10 pm EDT 

Stop the presses: Jake Gyllenhaal has another model girlfriend.

We knew there was a chance, but we now have solid (ish) proof that he and Alyssa Miller are indeed getting cozy. The two were spotted holding hands while strolling in New York City yesterday afternoon with Jake's mom. Could this leggy cover girl be the one?

Well, we can't really answer that, but we can tell you that Jake's bagged himself quite the bonafide model. No doubt you've seen Alyssa grace the pages of the coveted Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue the past three years. If you managed to miss that, the 23-year-old's been the face of Guess Jeans and Blumarine’s fragrance. Or perhaps you've seen her in international editions of Harper's Bazaar, GQ and Elle.

Good catch, Gyllenhaal. Hopefully this relationship doesn't fizzle as fast as his tryst with that other model...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #5573 on: July 18, 2013, 09:15:33 am »
From Belfast Telegraph this morn.  I swear this was a television movie about 15 years ago.  Maybe Lee will know.
~~~

Brolin and Gyllenhaal for Everest?

Jake Gyllenhaal could be starring in the film about a trek on Everest
18 July 2013

Josh Brolin and Jake Gyllenhaal are reportedly in talks to climb aboard epic drama Everest.

Based on a true story, the film follows an ill-fated climb to the top of the world's highest peak in 1996.

Josh and Jake are at various stages of negotiations for the project, according to The Hollywood Reporter, along with The Sessions star John Hawkes and Zero Dark Thirty's Jason Clarke.

The film, directed by 2 Guns' Baltasar Kormakur will follow two expedition groups, whose treks were hit by massive storms, leaving eight people dead.

Jason would play Rob Hall, a New Zealander who is leading one of the expeditions. Christian Bale had previously been in talks for the role.

Josh is in talks to play Beck Weathers, a doctor who has to endure a night exposed to the elements.

Jake is in line to play Scott Fischer, the leader of another expedition, and John is negotiating the role of a slow climber from Seattle who delays his expedition.

Universal is in talks to co-finance and distribute the film.

Working Title is producing and shooting is set to take place in Iceland, Baltasar's homeland, in October.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #5574 on: August 28, 2013, 07:41:23 am »

The Inside The Actors Studio episode with Jake will air on Sep 19, 2013 on Bravo TV.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #5575 on: September 19, 2013, 03:13:23 pm »

The Inside The Actors Studio episode with Jake will air on Sep 19, 2013 on Bravo TV.

It's tonight at 8:00 Eastern time.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #5576 on: September 22, 2013, 10:00:59 pm »
Congrats to Jake on the success of Prisoners!  It was the #1 movie this weekend, estimated total earned was $21,430,000.00

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #5577 on: October 30, 2013, 06:45:57 pm »
Interview at the actors roundtable with Jake... apparently Jake had a thing, for people with hairy feet, and who like to eat 6-8 times a day.  :)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/full-uncensored-actors-roundtable-651756
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:00:41 am by Sophia »

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5578 on: November 04, 2013, 06:55:09 pm »
I just came back from watching Prisoners - and WOW!
It was something quite else than I had expected - I was expecting something along the lines of "End of Watch" but this movie, although violent, relies on a very good plot, a constant tension and some very clever editing - and some really, really good acting. Melissa Leo is very good, so is Hugh Jackman (I didn´t think about Wolverine even once) but Jake manages to outshine even them. When watching Prisoners I realised something I hadn´t realised before - that although I always have thought that Jake is good in everything he has been in - I have missed...something in his movies. With this movie I feel as though he is back - I actually whispered it to myself many times during the viewing. His eyes twitch as he gets tensed, he is constantly dressed in a completely buttoned up shirt and he is simply...brilliant.

Jake is back!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #5579 on: November 05, 2013, 08:46:18 am »
I've yet to see this, but have heard nothing but good things about it.  Think I like your review the best, Monika.

I've blamed his "absence" on choosing bad scripts or roles that don't challenge him, but I have also missed the genuine, look-into-my-eyes-and-see-my-heart Jake.  Now I'm really excited about seeing this when it comes out on DVD here.  Thanks.

P.S.  On an embarrassing, Jake-related sidenote, I am semi-mortified to find that I am addicted to Taylor Swift's song "Red", as much as I've tried to despise her all this time.  Ugh...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...