Author Topic: Bettermost Volunteer Centre/ Global Advice Centre  (Read 8964 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Bettermost Volunteer Centre/ Global Advice Centre
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 02:38:09 pm »

Good idea for a thread, both times.  Not sure how I can help over the Internet, especially since I am so out of practice in many of these areas, but have training as a teacher, a nurse, and a psychologist (never finished this degree).  I know we have an overabundance of nurses here on BetterMost!  I have a little knowledge about a lot of things ... music (piano, guitar, flute), art (drawing, photography).  Not sure how I can be of help, but am here and willing.  Oh yeah, travel, have done lots of it.  Will be happy to advise in that regard.

I think travel is a good one,particularly with the holiday season nearly here.
 So many people would like first hand experience of a place,rather than the travel guide sanitised version.
I envisaged that people could pose a problem/query and if some one can help,wonderful,if not,no harm done.
It was when I was answering a question on one of Artistes threads re his mom and cataracts that I thought of it.I can't perform internet surgery,but I CAn tell people what to expect,which many consultants don't as they assume Joe public is too dense to understand.
It also lets me feel useful again, as that is one aspect of work I do miss.The feel good factor. I don't of course miss the moaning Minnies.

So I can advise on  vision, eyes,spectacles,contact lenses,or at least point people in the right direction, as to where to go for help.
I am a reasonable cook, so recipe suggestions.
Travelled through most of Europe so holiday help.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 03:49:26 pm »
Good idea!

Not sure if I can contribute with much though.

I´m pretty good with Photoshop if anyone needs that kind of help. I have done a lot of traveling as well and...damn that´s it. I´m a journalist by trade but I´m not sure that will do anyone any good. Sometimes I do wish I had a job where I could help others more.

and well, I live in Sweden so if anyone is thinking about traveling here I could probably be of some help as well

And I know a lot about tall ships if anyone needs that kind of expertise! ;D ;D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 05:29:33 pm »
Buffymon, Fiona and Susie - thankyou!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/