Author Topic: Tuesday's a big day!  (Read 2773 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Tuesday's a big day!
« on: July 15, 2007, 12:20:12 am »
Dear Chez Tremblay family,

Hi! Been a while but I have something to share with you all that I just found out about.

Watch this video on youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqUAluDvuU4

and the others parts after it (there are 8 total; I found them very engrossing) and/or then go to this website:

www.firethegrid.org

Wherever you are in the world, you can participate on Tuesday the 17th at 11:11 am Greenwich Mean Time (the site tells you what time that is for you) for an hour (or intend that this happen--see the youtube video for how to do this if you can't participate consciously). I recommend that you go to the "Grid Updates" page of the website for more info on how to participate in your own best way. And if you have doubts, consider this from the page called "The Plan":

"Suspend your scepticism for just one hour of your life, and just sit, alone or with others, to think about the beauty of this planet, to appreciate all that you have and all that you are, and to give hope for an improved future for us all."

In love and light,

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Tuesday's a big day!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 05:43:03 pm »
I realized I should say a tiny bit more about this for people who don't feel like looking at the video or website. It's called Fire the Grid and it's a one-hour worldwide event to raise the vibrational field of the planet by consciously focusing on what brings us joy and/or meditating or praying about the healing and well-being of our planet. It was started by Shelley Yates, Annie Tremblay (I know, hmmm, right?) and her husband Bradfield, and came about because of the drowning death-and-then-resurrection of both Shelley and her four-year-old son, Evan, in 2002 in Nova Scotia.

When Shelley was in the midst of drowning in her car after the car hydroplaned and flew into a marshy lake off the side of the road, she heard voices telling her to relax and that they would help her. It's an amazing story I wont' go into here, but after drowning and being under the freezing cold water (it was November) for more than 15 minutes, she was revived by CPR and later heard the same voices telling her how to bring her brain-dead son back to life through rebulding and infusing his aura (energy field) with the auras of others. After three days (again I am skipping details here) he woke up, recognized his mother, and began a full recovery that the doctors were totally shocked by (since they had given him less than a one percent chance of survival, and living as a vegetable at that).

The voices (or light beings) told Shelley that she could help heal the planet in a similar way via an "energy transfusion" to the planetary "grid" and gave her a specific date, July 17th, 2007 at 11:11 am Greenwich Mean Time, to do it with the participation of as many human beings as possible across the globe. Being an atheist with no faith in any higher power, she was extremely reluctant and resistant to doing anything, but was "guilted" into participating when Annie Tremblay, whom she had told about her project, told her she owed these beings a debt of gratitude for saving her life and the life of her child, so she agreed to try to move the project forward.

Again, I encourage you to look at the video and the website, but it basically entails spending just one hour of your life on Tuesday doing one of four things: meditation, prayer, enjoying or thinking of the things and moments that bring you your greatest joy -- whether singing, eating ice cream, laughing with a friend, watching the game, having tea, feeling the sun after the long winter, reading to your kids, dancing, whatever -- and consciously giving thanks for that experience, and this life.

If you really aren't able to participate due to sleeping (for some the time is in the middle of the night) or working or other obligations, you can write your intention for your inner self, soul, or whatever you want to call it to participate "for you" and make a list of all the things that give you joy, and intend that that energy will be released to the grid at that time, and sign it (see the website's Grid Updates section for the four ways to participate, which describes it better). It's best to do your meditation, prayer, or activities with others, but anything helps -- just make sure you want to do it and aren't doing it just out of guilt or obligation, which negates the intention.

That's it. Simple, free, and only costs you a little time. Let's get this beautiful, irreplaceable planet back to the shape it deserves to be in!

Thanks for reading and have fun on Tuesday!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 09:12:51 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 07:56:20 pm »
I'll be setting my alarm for early Tuesday morning, Jenny.  I'll know what you're doing at 7:11 am!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:20:08 am »
I didn't know about this until just now, but as I was heading into work today I was amazed at how the landscape seemed to shimmer in the early morning light and I was suddenly struck by the wonderful diversity of all the many lifeforms that are in their highest glory right now in the middle of the summer. I was very thankful of the will of nature to order itself for the greatest good and the greatest advancement towards prosperity.

I also thought as I do very often of the Tibetan Buddhist belief that when people die, their spirits fly through the night looking for couples who are making love so that they can find a new place to reenter life. The will of life, the life energy, is immutable and enduring, there is nothing that can destroy it.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 02:13:05 pm »
Yay, Lee, the Birthday Girl! Glad you had that beautiful experience today, on your b-day.

As for myself, I was dancing, singing, meditating, and laughing out loud this morning at the park in my own little Fire The Grid event. Lots of people playing with their dogs (who all seemed to be firing their own grids of joy and gratitude!) in the near and far distance, and I had a couple of portable speakers set up that were playing a little mix I made for the event. It was great! I hope other people got something and gave something too.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 08:24:56 pm »
Sounds lovely, Jenny!  I sent reiki to the hour from 7:11-8:11 before I went to bed last night.  I did wake up during that hour, though, and I could swear I had a buzz of good vibes going on.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 07:26:09 pm »
Yup, it felt pretty good out there in the Un-i-verse yesterday morning. Glad you participated! I had almost as much fun the night before the actual event when I decided to make a PA announcement at my local food co-op, told a couple of strangers about it when I posted flyers, and even told the pizza counter guy-with-three-kids about it. I was awash in good vibes, and courage.