Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772572 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #6020 on: July 30, 2008, 07:36:38 am »
Great pics Chrissi, thanks!

I loved Casanova. It was on tv over here (for the first time as far as I can remember). I missed it because we were away on holiday. Anyway, I should watch it again. I remember being a bit worried about watching Casanova because I might see any 'Ennis' there. And now I'm worrying again about a Heath movie (TDK), but for all different reasons.

While we were sitting on the beach in San Sebastian the other day a small plane came flying past with a banner ad behind it. It said 'El Caballero Oscuro' and that really got me.  :'(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6021 on: July 30, 2008, 08:09:35 am »
Great pics Chrissi, thanks!

I loved Casanova. It was on tv over here (for the first time as far as I can remember). I missed it because we were away on holiday. Anyway, I should watch it again. I remember being a bit worried about watching Casanova because I might see any 'Ennis' there. And now I'm worrying again about a Heath movie (TDK), but for all different reasons.

While we were sitting on the beach in San Sebastian the other day a small plane came flying past with a banner ad behind it. It said 'El Caballero Oscuro' and that really got me.  :'(

That's a funny coincidence, I was in a restaurant a couple of days ago, and noticed that the sign on the men's room door said "caballeros," and that made me think of BBM in a partly sad way. 

Fabienne, I'm glad you two had a good time there.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6022 on: July 30, 2008, 08:11:06 am »
That's really interesting Elle. I hope that the footage and interpretation will be released somehow. Thanks for posting that!  :)

I have a friend who lip-reads professionally, and I sent her that article, and came out (mildly, sort of vaguely) as a Heathen to her.  Maybe she could do better than 70%.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6023 on: July 30, 2008, 08:15:30 am »

Caught unawares, huh?
Ouch.  :(

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #6024 on: July 30, 2008, 12:43:11 pm »
Um, I hate to ask, but what does 'caballero' mean? I haven't watched BBM in a long time. Is that a reference somehow?

???

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #6025 on: July 30, 2008, 12:59:04 pm »
I think technically it means "gentleman", but is often used to mean "cowboy" or "horseman".

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #6026 on: July 30, 2008, 01:11:04 pm »
Oh. Thanks!  :)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #6027 on: July 30, 2008, 01:15:35 pm »
You're welcome, senorita!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6028 on: July 30, 2008, 01:59:24 pm »
Um, I hate to ask, but what does 'caballero' mean? I haven't watched BBM in a long time. Is that a reference somehow?

???

I think technically it means "gentleman", but is often used to mean "cowboy" or "horseman".

Paul is right. But it also means "rider" and "knight". And oscuro means "dark".

--> El Caballero Oscuro = The Dark Knight

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #6029 on: July 30, 2008, 03:00:08 pm »
Oops, sorry about the caballero thing. I should have explained.

And while we were sitting on the beach, my husband was reading the newspaper El Pais. It had a page wide review of TDK (complete with a big picture of The Joker of course). The reviewer had not one good word for the movie as a whole, but Heath's performance was described as fantastic.

And the day we left, our local newspaper had a page wide article too titled 'How to advertise a dead star'.  :-\ I find it all tough to read, but this movie and all the hoopla will pass.

BBM never will.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'