Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772767 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #6130 on: August 08, 2008, 08:56:16 pm »
Oh I imagine there are many Casanova enthusiasts here.  I loved his easy breezy hauteur in it, coupled with his brooding "uh oh" portions.  His infatuation with Francesca Bruni left me a little flat though, less believable, but that could well be because it was the first movie I saw after seeing BBM dozens of times, and I didn't want him to have eyes for anyone but Jack.

I loved CASANOVA, it had me rolling on the floor laughing more than once! I agree that there was a lack of chemistry between Casanova and Francesca but I blame Sienna Miller, she was the weak link in the film IMO.  She did redeem herself in FACTORY GIRL though and made a wonderful Edie Sedgwick.

Offline optom3

« Reply #6131 on: August 08, 2008, 09:03:30 pm »
So glad to know I am not an island. The only film of Heaths that I really struggled with was The Order.Not for me at all but redeemed by Heaths luscious appearance.Every other film even the much maligned Four Feathers I quite liked.
I wish I didn't still miss him so much.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6132 on: August 08, 2008, 09:24:57 pm »
I liked The Four Feathers. From what I read, that movie was chopped up after 9/11 in some sort of patriotic fervor--or whatever. But Heath looked great and I liked the story.

I haven't seen The Order, nor have I see The Brothers Grimm. I watched Monster's Ball once, and Candy, once and that is it for those movies.

As for the rest of Heath's oeuvre, bring it on...LOL!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

« Reply #6133 on: August 08, 2008, 09:47:09 pm »
I liked The Four Feathers. From what I read, that movie was chopped up after 9/11 in some sort of patriotic fervor--or whatever. But Heath looked great and I liked the story.

I haven't seen The Order, nor have I see The Brothers Grimm. I watched Monster's Ball once, and Candy, once and that is it for those movies.

As for the rest of Heath's oeuvre, bring it on...LOL!

The four feathers was chopped down post 9/11,Monsters's Ball was hard work but Heath was incredible.The Order really takes some dedication to watch.Heath looks good in it, that goes without saying.The Brothers Grimm I quite liked, butI respect Gilliam as a director.I am intigued but terrified to see what Gilliam has done with the Imaginarium.That may prove a step too far for me.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6134 on: August 08, 2008, 10:19:10 pm »
I love "The Four Feathers". For some reason, when I was watching that movie a few days after Heath had passed, it soothed me. It really did. It was very soothing to my mind and I realized that in that movie, he was truelly a shining star.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #6135 on: August 09, 2008, 02:29:15 am »
HEATH LEDGER TALKS ABOUT THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE IN ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, December 2006

I KNEW IT!!  :D

Thank you so much for the great articles Elle! Looks like if I had just done a little research I could have answered my own question.

I feel very triumphant right now.  :)

(I liked both The Four Feathers and Casanova too.)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6136 on: August 09, 2008, 05:22:39 am »
I KNEW IT!!  :D

Thank you so much for the great articles Elle! Looks like if I had just done a little research I could have answered my own question.

But I wouldn't have learned as much, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

:)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6137 on: August 09, 2008, 06:28:18 am »
Since we are reminiscing about Casanova:

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6138 on: August 09, 2008, 06:29:23 am »
And another:

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #6139 on: August 09, 2008, 11:43:44 am »
Todd Haynes dedicates Robert Altman Award to Heath Ledger

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fI7KcDKGLo[/youtube]

Here's what it said under 'More info' over on the right:

Note when the group assembles on the stage, they leave a gap between Cate Blanchett and Bruce Greenwood, as if to mark the place Heath should have been standing.

Todd Haynes and the ensemble cast of I'm Not There win the Robert Altman award at the IFC Independent Spirit Awards. Todd Haynes dedicates the award to Heath Ledger.

In his speech, Haynes refers to videos Heath directed, which include two music videos for an Australian artist named N'fa: "Seduction is Evil," and "Cause and Effect." I was able to view the Seduction video from N'fa's myspace page, but the Cause and Effect video is no longer available. (Update 3/30/08 -- According to bowiedownunder.com, there is a video, a cover of Bowie's Quicksand, that a young musician named Grace Woodroofe from Australia did. Heath is reported to have directed this video, but it does not seem to be available. Woodroofe was one of the first young recording artists Heath signed with his and Ben Harper's newly formed Masses Music Co label.)

As with his direction in Ben Harper's "Morning Yearning," and his brilliant video interpretation of Nick Drake's "Black Eyed Dog," this other video shows how remarkably talented Heath was going to be at directing.

"The Queen's Gambit" screenplay tells the story of a young girl, a brilliant chess player, who becomes secretly addicted to prescription meds as a result of the pressures to compete and her growing popularity. Heath had already invested several months collaborating with the screenwriter on this film he hoped to begin shooting later this year. (Independent.co.uk "Heath Ledger: a prophetic tragedy)