Author Topic: In Plain Sight by Victopet  (Read 75240 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: In Plain Sight by Victopet
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 01:47:47 pm »
Yay!
I think, more than anything, what I am setting out to accomplish with this is that both of them have something to learn AND something to teach.  And that neither way is right or wrong.  It just happens to be what you need to do to find your place in the world (and it's not always the place you're born into -- sometimes it takes some searching.)

Yes, I can see that clearly in the story.  I really love that give-and-take, that balance - both their "educations" will go far beyond sex. 

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 05:01:55 pm »
Hey, isn't it time for a new chapter?

::)

;D

yb

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 12:46:58 am »
I'm not sure if you're also reading Brokeback Redemption, Vic just replied to my lj comment that the next update will be BR.  I am really excited about this news, I miss BR so much.

mvansand76

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 07:21:55 am »
I'm not sure if you're also reading Brokeback Redemption, Vic just replied to my lj comment that the next update will be BR.  I am really excited about this news, I miss BR so much.

I never really completely got caught up in that story, so I am a bit sad she won't be updating IPS first, but I understand, the muse does what it does! I literally check my lj every day to see if there is an IPS update, so I guess I can stop doing that for a while! Great that she is still writing though!  :)

yb

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 02:10:05 am »
A surprise update of IPS as I was expecting one of BR, here's the link to chapter 18 of IPS:

http://victopet.livejournal.com/16955.html?view=832059#t832059

mvansand76

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 04:28:35 am »
A surprise update of IPS as I was expecting one of BR, here's the link to chapter 18 of IPS:

http://victopet.livejournal.com/16955.html?view=832059#t832059

*faints*

Marrrrrriiiiiiiieeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 01:52:31 pm »
Yay!  Thanks for the heads-up, yb!

And, yep, Mel, I saw it!   :laugh:

SPOILERS

Great talk between J&E - it was very realistic to me, and very touching, also.  Ennis is so intrinsically honest - I think that will end up being his salvation (eventually - he's got a long road ahead of him). 

Velda - I can't say I was too terribly surprised by her outburst - I've sensed her resentment, frustration and anger - but I am anxious to hear more of her story. Why can't she have a rumspringa?  I like that I'm able to feel so sorry for her, but, at the same time, find her kind of annoying.  I like that complexity. 

Okay, these two have to find a way to ditch Velda and Alma - they've both got more learning to do! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 02:16:32 pm »

Okay, these two have to find a way to ditch Velda and Alma - they've both got more learning to do! 

:P

mvansand76

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2007, 02:00:46 pm »
I hope there will an update for this soon... I remember Vic said in her author's note that she had the next chapter almost ready....

:-\

yb

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 09:22:27 pm »
I am waiting for an update, too.