Author Topic: You may have heard that I've gone back to IMDb with my regular identity  (Read 2424 times)

vkm91941

Just so the rumor does not grow beyond fact  I thought I would share my reasoning with you all.....There are now 2 troll army's attacking the board, in addition to the usual smattering of haters, religious zealots and such.  They are still sending vile obscene PM's to people and using me "running away" as proof of their success.  That alone was enough to draw me back to make a show of posting.  But reading all the other posts with All this talk of free speech and tolerating the intolerable made me think.

How can we tolerate the intolerant? What do we do when tolerance is assymetrical? I am a straight female anglo-Catholic christian by doctrine and humanist by practice and in a few months I will have lived one half a century.

Yes I am troll intolerant. Proudly so. And yes I have been severely criticized in this forum and by PM by some regular posters for this...In my daily life I am intolerant of many things including hate and hate mongering, terrorism in all it's forms blatant and insidious, bigotry, religious zealotry, The Christian Right and the anti-religion Left, violence, prejudice and lack of respect of the humanity in all of us... I will fight injustice with my last breath is need be, I suffer no fools or tyrannts gladly.

inspired by Celeste Harry:[/red] Christopher can scoff, Jack, but I know how hard you've been praying; and now God is answering your prayers.

C. S. Lewis:[/red] That's not why I pray, Harry. I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me. 

Shadowlands (1993)

This is always the way it is with what really matters - you do it because you need to do it, not to manipulate reality, or others, or the future.  When you change, the world changes.   SO, that said, when someone, who has not even seen this film, comes on TOB to shout and gnash their teeth to further a hateful opinion, or cause pain to perfect strangers minding their own business and posting on IMDb This or any other message board. Hell yes I'm going to have something to say about it and I'm going to vote with my report and ignore buttons.

Does that mean I won't be here posting and chatting and playing ABC and I love everything BBM...Hell no ya'all are stuck with me so get use to it  ;)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Princess, I'm confused.  I get all the comments about standing up to injustice and bullying, but I don't get what you are telling us.  Are you giving up your moderator post here to wear your undies on the outside so to mainly concentrate on fighting trolls on the IMBd board, or are you asking us to join you in this crusade? 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 03:46:46 am by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

vkm91941

Princess, I'm confused.  I get all the comments about standing up to injustice and bullying, but I don't get what you are telling us.  Are you giving up your moderator post here to wear your undies on the outside so to mainly concentrate on fighting trolls on the IMBd board, or are you asking us to join you in this crusade? 

Sorry to be so unclear Ray, No I'm not giving up my post here and No I'm not asking anyone to join me.  I am just sharing that I have been logging on to IMDb as my old self...vkm91941..the cleared out account...and taking a stand.  I am quietly encouraging the serious brokies and IMDber's to join us over here and am ignoring and reporting troll butts and posting new threads for an hour or so every night....and I'm still posting here and finding time to chat with Chris and Mandy about the new baby...and keep my kids and my man happy.... Whoa why am I suddenly feeling so tired  ;D...not really, just kidding.

I just didn't want anyone to think any of those things that concerned you if they heard a rumor and I guess I did a pretty pitiful job of it hunh..Oh well.  sorry... ::)

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
Victoria - Guess I'll see ya around IMDb too - I've never left but I post there (and here) less than I used to.  Try to let the new Brokies know they aren't alone when the trolls roll in.

LJ
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
This is always the way it is with what really matters - you do it because you need to do it, not to manipulate reality, or others, or the future.  When you change, the world changes.   SO, that said, when someone, who has not even seen this film, comes on TOB to shout and gnash their teeth to further a hateful opinion, or cause pain to perfect strangers minding their own business and posting on IMDb This or any other message board. Hell yes I'm going to have something to say about it and I'm going to vote with my report and ignore buttons.

Why would anyone be concerned about what people do on IMDb?  I think every forum has something to offer and there is no reason someone shouldn't visit any/all of them.

I haven't been over there in quite awhile because I am far too busy with BetterMost, but nobody should mind the ongoing battle of the trolls.  Sometimes it's cheap and easy fun.  :)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming