Author Topic: Moving.  (Read 4869 times)

TJ

Re: Moving.
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 01:13:55 pm »
TJ, if you want, next time you want one of your threads moved, you could ask a moderator to do it with a quick couple clicks of a button.  We're here to serve...  :)

Oh, Roland was going to move what I posted for me; but, I beat him to it and moved it myself. Because of my disbilities which sometimes affects my thinking processes, I still have not learned how do do everything I could do on my own or with the help of a moderator.

Oh, if I were to do an unsolicited PM to a moderator, I would want him or her to know that I do understand that the BetterMost Forums is an international board. I made a casual comment how certain common English expressions outside of the USA and used with friends there would be considered offensive in the USA and a certain person down in Australia had to send me a PM and patronize me, while he was pretending to be polite. And when I posted a message in the thread where that expression was used explaining why I responded the way that I did, he PM'd me again and called me an "old queen."

Nobody who has ever known me would consider me effeminate enough to be called a "queen." My mannerisms and speech patterns are just like the average guy in the USA.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 01:47:10 pm »
I always try to recognize we have a significant readership especially in Australia and the UK, which is why I try and use GMT for time and remember we are not a North American board alone.  I hope people won't call each other names, even in PM's.  It's just negative energy which none of us should need to deal with here because we have enough of that around in the rest of our day.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

TJ

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 03:58:10 pm »
In my experience on the internet and posting in various forums and Message Bulletin Boards, MBBs, I have actually typed a response to another person's hatefulness to me and I did use polite words as kindly as possible with which would not have been patronizing the other person. But, I decided that what I had typed should be lost in cyberspace and deleted what I had typed rather than send it, or post it.

While this story, the book or the movie, has a connection to all of us who post here in some way, we also have to realize that the characters in the story are all in the USA and even the Basque and Chilean shepherds might actually be American citizens. Both Aguirre and Del Mar are hispanic names. (OT, sort a here, I knew a guy whose surname was "Fudge" and the non-Anglo origin of the name had no connection with candy.)