Author Topic: Books for Jack and Ennis  (Read 6540 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Books for Jack and Ennis
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 08:50:26 pm »
These sound really good! I'm gonna head for my library and see if they have some of them!

Lee (and Ennis!   :D ), I can recommend this wonderful site:

www.louisehay.com

Enjoy!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

moremojo

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 09:00:45 pm »
I think Jack for one would have really enjoyed getting his hands on one of the infamous Straight to Hell chapbooks edited by the late, great Boyd McDonald. These are chock-full of no-frills, no-bullshit steamy stories of true-life man-on-man sex, written in the colorful vernacular of Everyman and completely free of the inner censor's regards for propriety and piety. They would also have shown Jack (and Ennis, for that matter) that men who enjoy other men's bodies are absolutely EVERYWHERE, and that homosex is one of the most common, most natural of all occurrences contained in this life.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 09:29:16 pm »
I think Jack for one would have really enjoyed getting his hands on one of the infamous Straight to Hell chapbooks edited by the late, great Boyd McDonald. These are chock-full of no-frills, no-bullshit steamy stories of true-life man-on-man sex, written in the colorful vernacular of Everyman and completely free of the inner censor's regards for propriety and piety. They would also have shown Jack (and Ennis, for that matter) that men who enjoy other men's bodies are absolutely EVERYWHERE, and that homosex is one of the most common, most natural of all occurrences contained in this life.

With utmost respect, Scott, I fear such books would prompt Ennis to run, screaming, for the hills!  :o   ;)   :laugh:

I have no doubt, however, that Jack would love them!  ::)   ;)   :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 09:53:30 pm »
Wow, that is a very good subject... your thread here Front-Ranger, for Ennis and Jack, and for us all too! Thanks! You are very encouraging!

There is a book on a gay male couple... to be shown to a child, and /or an adult, or to a teenager, or to a grand-parent!! I think that I still have it, since I cherish it!! It is full of pictures likes paintings of that FAMILY of two males as lovers, and a child they keep care of... it seems to me that is the story!!

A wonderful story, can you tell the title?

Hugs!