Author Topic: Newbies Section?  (Read 7076 times)

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Newbies Section?
« on: August 23, 2007, 10:50:57 pm »
Please excuse me if I'm in the wrong place, or if this has been posted before a hundred times, but I'm new here, from IMDB and wondered if there is a section for us newbies to introduce ourselves and meet some of the other residents.  In checking the membership list, I've already noticed some familiar friends from IMDB! 

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Newbies Section?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 11:15:25 pm »
Hi, Dobie!! Here is a link to "Introduce Yourself", the official "Newbie" Section!! Welcome aboard!!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,31.0.html
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 03:45:31 am »
Hey Dobie - have a cop a cofee and a piece of cherry cake - nice to meet ya!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Dobie1018

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 08:42:04 am »
Thanks Front-Ranger!  Thanks Kelda!  Hmmmmmm. . . cherry cake - my favorite!  I will certainly have a piece, and a cup a coffee!  See you around!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 01:49:14 pm »
We just happen to be having an open house today, so most of the forums are having special welcoming events for your browsing pleasure and there are three rounds of chat. Check it out and post here with any questions!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 06:40:17 pm »
Please excuse me if I'm in the wrong place, or if this has been posted before a hundred times, but I'm new here, from IMDB and wondered if there is a section for us newbies to introduce ourselves and meet some of the other residents.  In checking the membership list, I've already noticed some familiar friends from IMDB! 

Welcome to our community!  I think you'll find we have a lot to offer the IMDb folks, and we don't have messages disappearing or trolls.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 07:01:51 pm »
Thanks Front-Ranger!  Thanks Kelda!  Hmmmmmm. . . cherry cake - my favorite!  I will certainly have a piece, and a cup a coffee!  See you around!

Welcome to BetterMost Dobie! Please send me a pm if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help!  :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Dobie1018

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 09:41:58 pm »
Thank you David! Thank you Phillip!  I've heard good things about this place over at IMDB, but being comfortable over there, I was hesitate to try it here.   It seems so big here with so many members and things to do and see.  I think I'll like it here, and I will check back in with the folks at IMDB occasionally as well.  I know some the members here are also at IMDB.  I'll see you all around!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 10:23:13 pm »
Thank you David! Thank you Phillip!  I've heard good things about this place over at IMDB, but being comfortable over there, I was hesitate to try it here.   It seems so big here with so many members and things to do and see.  I think I'll like it here, and I will check back in with the folks at IMDB occasionally as well.  I know some the members here are also at IMDB.  I'll see you all around!

Hi Dobie!!

Yes, there are MANY former IMDb members here! In fact, most of us were over on IMDb at some point in time. I posted there a couple of years ago, but left and joined Bettermost because of all the terrible troll problems they were having over there. I'm not sure how long you have been posting on IMDb but I was David-Indiana. We've had some recent members join us here from IMDb, so you are in very good company Dobie! Yes, Bettermost is big, but once you get used to it I think you will find it very easy to use and navigate! Be sure to pm me if you have any questions or concerns. To send me a pm, just click on my name, or on the blue circle in my profile! I am a moderator here, and I'll be happy to help you. If you look at the bottom of the home page, you will see a list of people who are currently logged on the forum. Moderators appear in red, but anyone here will be happy to help.  :D

Welcome to Bettermost!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Dobie1018

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 11:47:09 pm »
Hi David, 
I've been here now for about 3 months and really like it.  You are right, everyone is very friendly, courteous and respectful.   I do remember you from IMDB as David-Indiana.  I got a message that you moved this topic.  Why was it moved?  Was it getting too big?