Author Topic: Brokeback in Beijing!  (Read 2211 times)

Offline stevme

• Don't Say Much
Brokeback in Beijing!
« on: May 08, 2006, 04:19:05 pm »
I didn't believe it either.  I am an electric bike enthusiast.  I was reading through the appropriate forum on the subject and came upon a reference to an entrepreneur in China who has caught the attention of the EV community (electric vehicle).   He manufacturers a motor for electric bicycles.

The reference below will take you to an interesting narrative of contemporary China and its bustling activity.  You will also find Brokeback in the most unexpected place.  An enjoyable read:

http://todd.cleverchimp.com/blog/?p=94

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Brokeback in Beijing!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:18:42 pm »
I didn't find Brokeback Mountain referenced in the article.  Am I missing something?

Edit:

I got it.  It's in another article "Beijing: Gay shepherds"  http://todd.cleverchimp.com/blog/?p=95

The movie currently is still banned in China.  Though I keep hearing that some company is interested in buying the rights to show it in China.  Maybe too late by now since the people who want to see the movie probably have already seen it one way or another (pirate version most likely).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 05:26:18 pm by JennyC »

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 02:23:56 am »
"but sheep don’t tell the truth" lol. very amusing read. thank you for posting that.

"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

TJ

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 01:05:56 pm »
Oh, a number of people in Russia and in some of the other former USSR countries saw Brokeback Mountain via the internet before the movie was shown in general release in the USA.

I used to be active in a forum board where the administrator lived in a former communist country in Eastern Europe. One of the ladies in the forum lived in Russia. Both had seen the movie in December which they had downloaded into their own computers.