Author Topic: Turbulence - new story by midwest-girl (Amy)  (Read 17389 times)

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Turbulence - new story by midwest-girl (Amy)
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 12:01:06 pm »
Amy, you are too modest.  If I Asked and Shades of Grey I thought were wonderfully written stories, and I enjoyed them very, very much.  Looking forward to this one too. :)
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 01:52:17 am »
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of If I Asked !

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 12:21:48 pm »
T-2 days and counting!   :D

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 02:50:39 pm »
You know what, Amy, I think you are the first writer with a thread for a story that you haven't even started posting yet!

;D

midwest-girl

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 04:11:03 pm »
You know what, Amy, I think you are the first writer with a thread for a story that you haven't even started posting yet!

;D

Aaah!!  That just makes me more nervous!  :D  I probably shouldn't have announced I was posting ahead of time, but I needed something to force me to stop being lazy and write already.  LOL

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 02:43:03 pm »
Aaah!!  That just makes me more nervous!  :D  I probably shouldn't have announced I was posting ahead of time, but I needed something to force me to stop being lazy and write already.  LOL

Not to make you more nervous or anything, Amy, but ...T-1 day and counting!!!!!!  :D

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 03:15:05 pm »
Not to make you more nervous or anything, Amy, but ...T-1 day and counting!!!!!!  :D

Marie

Wooooooweeeeeee yeeeeeaaaaah! Are you going to keep your weekly posting schedule, as usual, Amy?

midwest-girl

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 04:18:26 pm »
Wooooooweeeeeee yeeeeeaaaaah! Are you going to keep your weekly posting schedule, as usual, Amy?

I've been dreading that question and it's one I was going to address when I posted the first chapter.  I honestly can't promise weekly postings this time around.  It's what I'm hoping for, but I can't guarantee it.  Writing Shades and posting once a week was really hard on my real life and I don't want to stress myself out the way I did last time.  Having said that, knowing myself, I seriously doubt it will be more than 10 days or so between chapters at the longest, but I'll just have to see how it all plays out once I start posting.  I'll do my best!

mvansand76

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 04:27:35 pm »
I've been dreading that question and it's one I was going to address when I posted the first chapter.  I honestly can't promise weekly postings this time around.  It's what I'm hoping for, but I can't guarantee it.  Writing Shades and posting once a week was really hard on my real life and I don't want to stress myself out the way I did last time.  Having said that, knowing myself, I seriously doubt it will be more than 10 days or so between chapters at the longest, but I'll just have to see how it all plays out once I start posting.  I'll do my best!

I know what you mean about the weekly posting, I've been trying it, and it worked out for a while, but then RL things intervened and I got off schedule. Now it's working again, but I am not even sure how long. Don't worry about it, Amy, and don't ever let RL suffer from writing...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 06:35:46 pm »

Try and throw in one of your famous chase scenes.  That was like none other.  Wonderful,

and seat of your pants exciting....               just sayin....no pressure....... :D

Beautiful mind