Author Topic: Favorite Childhood Memories  (Read 24565 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Favorite Childhood Memories
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2007, 12:03:08 am »

Did ya'll watch "The Twilight Zone"? That one scared me too!

YES!! Mom and Dad watched that show, and sometimes I would come downstairs and watch it with them. It scared the fire out of me! Remember "Night Gallery"? That was another scary show!

But here in Indy, Friday nights at 11:30 is when "Nightmare Theater" came on! Sammy Terry was the host of the show. Get it? Sammy Terry (Cemetery)!

Later, I found out the owner of the music store I took my violin and cello lessons at, was SAMMY TERRY!! His real name was Bob Carter. After I met "Sammy Terry" in person, and realized he was a nice guy, I wasn't so scared of him anymore. God, I remember watching "Nightmare Theater" in black and white!! haha! Anyone my age from Indiana would remember Nightmare Theater.

Then there was Science Fiction Theater on Saturday night! Both shows aired on Channel 4, a local television station here in Indy.  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 02:32:40 am »
These old pictures of products are great  :)

Well, let's see:

Friday night cause school was over for the week.
Watching "Dark Shadows" after school.
Watching scary movies, especially late on Friday nights.
Listening and finding new music (yes, it goes back that far).
Buckburgers.

That's a few I can think of. Oh yeah, I remember Shake A Puddin'. Do they still make that

I remember "Shake-a-Puddin'"--Chocolate, Vanilla or Banana. Just put it in the shaker cup, add water, shake and in minutes you'd have a creamy treat. And all in one container, which sure made Mom happy. I still remember the perky girls in the ads with there flip haircuts, mini skirts and Go-Go boots shaking it up to the tune of "Shake, Shake, Shake-a-Puddin'. Puddin-Puddin, Shake-a-Puddin' Mmmm- Mmmmm."

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 02:39:08 am »
Remember

"Funny Face"--Goofy Grape, Loud Mouth Lime, Chinese Cherry, and Injun Orange were only a few of the politically incorrect stereotypical personas lent to Pillsbury's answer to the popular Kool-Aid drink mixes of the day. The TV ads were strange. Goofy Grape was insane, (you could tell by the oversized Napoleon's hat he sported). Loud Mouth Lime was a big windbag, and Chinese Cherry looked like....... uh........ Well, let's just say that, soon after "Funny Face" was introduced, Chinese Cherry and Injun Orange were changed to Choo-Choo and Jolly Ollie, respectively. Soon after that "Funny Face" went into oblivion.

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 02:52:50 am »
Remember

"Funny Face"--Goofy Grape, Loud Mouth Lime, Chinese Cherry, and Injun Orange were only a few of the politically incorrect stereotypical personas lent to Pillsbury's answer to the popular Kool-Aid drink mixes of the day. The TV ads were strange. Goofy Grape was insane, (you could tell by the oversized Napoleon's hat he sported). Loud Mouth Lime was a big windbag, and Chinese Cherry looked like....... uh........ Well, let's just say that, soon after "Funny Face" was introduced, Chinese Cherry and Injun Orange were changed to Choo-Choo and Jolly Ollie, respectively. Soon after that "Funny Face" went into oblivion.

Yes. "Injun" is a BAAAD word!! Even back then, I remember squirming a little when I heard it! But I also remember drinking Injun Orange Funny Faces when I was a kid. And I ALSO remember my Native American/ African American/ Creole Mother (GAWD! All kinds of possibilities there, huh?  ;) ) serving them to me. So it must have not been TOO bad; at least not back then.

Thanks for making me smile for a few minutes Dottie! I sure do remember Funny Faces, and they are a very good memory for me!  :D

But now that I think about it, they really didn't taste very good, did they?  ;)  :P  :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 05:51:33 pm »
Remember this thing?

My sister got an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas when she was little. I think I played with it more than she did!  :laugh:

You put a light bulb in there, and it heated the inside of the oven. It really worked too! It came with all kinds of mixes. You could make cakes and brownies in it.

They tasted terrible, but that wasn't the point, was it?  :laugh:

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 06:15:56 pm »
David, I think you should bake us up a cake and some brownies in the Easy Bake :)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 06:23:00 pm »
I think the one they had here on Friday nights was called "Inferno" and it was on channel 7. I remember it would start out with some kind of monster coming out screaming. I think we had "Science Fiction Theatre" on Saturday nights too it. I remember something like that. One movie I remember in particular was "Planet of Blood." This space crew picked up this beautiful woman on a planet and she would suck their blood out at night killing them. Near the end they killed her, but as they approached Earth they found that she had laid eggs all over the ship.

We also had "Shock Theatre" on Saturday afternoons. I remember "Night Gallery" and I still love seeing the old reruns of "Twilight Zone." There was another show called "Journey to the Unknown."

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 09:26:37 pm »
How about The Outer Limits?  Remember that show?  Sort of like the Twilight Zone.  Remember the Alfred Hitchcock show?  It was an hour long show that was sort of creepy.  Remember the show called Fury?  It was a show about a boy and his horse and was on every Saturday morning, and then after Fury came a show called Sky King, about a airplane pilot who was also in some sort of law enforcement I think.  Does anyone remember Sky King?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 09:45:13 pm »
How about The Outer Limits?  Remember that show?  Sort of like the Twilight Zone.  Remember the Alfred Hitchcock show?  It was an hour long show that was sort of creepy.  Remember the show called Fury?  It was a show about a boy and his horse and was on every Saturday morning, and then after Fury came a show called Sky King, about a airplane pilot who was also in some sort of law enforcement I think.  Does anyone remember Sky King?

I remember The Outer Limits, Dobie. I remember The Alfred Hitchcock Show too. But I don't think I remember Sky King.  :)

Remember Dennis The Menace? That was one of my favorite shows growing up. I was a lot like Dennis, I think. I was always getting into trouble. People called me a "dickins". I think I could relate to Dennis, and that's why I liked the show so much.

David, I think you should bake us up a cake and some brownies in the Easy Bake :)

I wonder what ever happened to that crazy oven? Mom probably sold it in a yard sale or something.  :-\

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 10:10:35 pm »
Does anyone remember Sky King?

The television version starred Kirby Grant as Sky King and Gloria Winters as his teenager niece Penny. Other regular characters included his nephew Clipper, played by Ron Hagerthy, and Mitch the sheriff, played by Ewing Mitchell. Mitch was always coming to Sky for help.

I remember always wanting to watch it on Saturdays, but I can't remember any specific episodes. I watched "Rin Tin Tin" too.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~