Author Topic: Another Lying Senator (Tales From The Toilet)  (Read 6708 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: Another Lying Senator (Tales From The Toilet)
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 12:01:57 pm »
I actually do think the police force/officer here was engaged in a kind of entrapment. Sorry, but I have a friend who was entrapped by a plainclothes police officer in a public park (officer approached my friend, made verbal advances, when friend indicated interest verbally [no touching, no exposure, not even any profanity], other officers hidden in the bush jumped friend, tazed him, and arrested him on charges of public lewdness), and I have very little respect for officers engaged in this kind of activity.

At the same time, we all know what Craig was up to in that restroom...

Yes, we all know what Craig was up to.  That and the hypocrisy are the point.  Your friend was completely innocent in the above scenario; Craig was not.

This whole system of foot-taps and and other bathroom signals has been (until now) unknown to people not into the cottage subculture.  If Craig were innocently picking up paper and suddenly got a badge flashed at him, he would be asking the officer, "Why am I here?  I don't understand this. What's going on?"

But instead he says, "You solicited me." Dead giveaway.

moremojo

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 12:11:54 pm »
Yes, we all know what Craig was up to.  That and the hypocrisy are the point.  Your friend was completely innocent in the above scenario; Craig was not.
Craig is absolutely not innocent in this incident. The point I was trying to empasize is that, additionally, the arresting officer, the police force that sent him into that restroom, and the very society that supports and endorses that police force are not innocent either.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 03:05:15 am »
Craig is absolutely not innocent in this incident. The point I was trying to empasize is that, additionally, the arresting officer, the police force that sent him into that restroom, and the very society that supports and endorses that police force are not innocent either.

Very true Scott! It's a catch 22, isn't it? And gay folks are caught right in the middle of it.

And having lived in Middle America nearly my entire life, I certainly understand and sympathize with the need for gay people to keep many activities a secret. If we're found out, it could cost us our very lives.

But this senator Craig deal really burns my grits. And it's his hypocrisy I am most angry about.  >:(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Bucky

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 06:32:07 am »
Very true Scott! It's a catch 22, isn't it? And gay folks are caught right in the middle of it.

And having lived in Middle America nearly my entire life, I certainly understand and sympathize with the need for gay people to keep many activities a secret. If we're found out, it could cost us our very lives.

But this senator Craig deal really burns my grits. And it's his hypocrisy I am most angry about.  >:(

David I agree with you.  It is Craig's hypocrisy that angers me the most.  To think of him ranting and raving against rights for gays on the Senate floor while he led a secret life.  It is people like Craig that hurt our cause the most.