Author Topic: Sheesh, has my IMDb account been blocked again?  (Read 4317 times)

Offline CoyotePiper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Sheesh, has my IMDb account been blocked again?
« on: May 09, 2006, 08:48:29 pm »
Anyone know what this message means in IMDb?

Unable to process your request

* Your internet address has been blocked from posting

I can log on and read posts under my balrog handle but can not author new posts. Am I blocked for good?

This is the second time I've lost an account over there. Sheesh I belong to dozens of message boards all over the 'net, some of which are highly charged and controversial. IMDb is the only one where I've been banned. Twice now it seems.

What's the story with this? I don't really even know why. Its not like I battle the trolls where they target me, I ignore them. Frustrating and insulting.

vkm91941

Re: Sheesh, has my IMDb account been blocked again?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 11:01:53 pm »

I can log on and read posts under my balrog handle but can not author new posts. Am I blocked for good?

This is the second time I've lost an account over there. Sheesh I belong to dozens of message boards all over the 'net, some of which are highly charged and controversial. IMDb is the only one where I've been banned. Twice now it seems.

What's the story with this? I don't really even know why. Its not like I battle the trolls where they target me, I ignore them. Frustrating and insulting.

I agree with you, at least you can say I was asking for it right!?!...the point is that IMDB is a database they're not interested in those forums if they were they would handle them alot differently.  I expect to be locked out one of these one of days as well and I have never post a single thing in 10 years that was in violation of their terms and conditions.  At IMDb fair has nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 05:14:30 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 12:39:41 am »
Damn, Balrog...

this sucks!  We'll miss you over there...  so few of the old gang left...  and the quality of discourse is heading further south by the minute...

It's eerily quiet over there tonight...  no sign of the F that shall not be named...  calm before the storm?

If they can get you banned... they can do it to anybody...  Hell, I'll probably be next.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 10:13:00 am »
Sorry to hear that, but maybe we'll be seeing more of you around here then.  :D
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 12:36:10 am »

So they leave the trolls on and ban the real users.  Smart.  How much dumber can IMDb get.  I have PM'd you a solution.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming