Author Topic: Ignorance is bliss?  (Read 8222 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Ignorance is bliss?
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 11:12:24 am »
I'd much rather have the truth, than live in ignorance.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 11:48:12 am »
Perhaps you could think of it more as post-reality, rather than ignorance. I also think most of the anxiety falls to people who are watching the afflicted person fall into oblivion. As with death, the most pain befalls the survivors.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 02:08:20 pm »
I personally think most of us know the truth about most of the things, we care about.In reality, some of us push those truths to the back of our minds and in that way try to avoid dealing with a harsh reality.
If we are reasonably astute and observant,we usually know things such as, is my partner being unfaithful,are my kids up to no good.Some choose to ignore those "gut instincts" or the truth.
I would much rather know,mainly because if I think I know, then I cannot completely banish the thought.Therefore all I am doing is prolonging the agony.
There is only one area where I am quite happy to be lied to and that is ,when I ask my husband if He likes my hair, dress, figure etc the universal and only acceptable answer is YES !!!
If I ask him if he thinks I am looking older, bigger, more wrinkled,the reply is NO !!