Author Topic: Fan Fiction Posted in Another Language  (Read 6648 times)

Offline aileen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Fan Fiction Posted in Another Language
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 04:56:04 am »
I think it's good that people write their stories in languages other than english:) But of course I hope those stories would be translated someday  ;D English is not my native language and I'm grateful I know it well enough to read stories in it. First fanfic I read was "Human interest" and I spent many hours with dictionary trying to understand it  :o Right now, after a year and a half  of reading BBM slash everyday I can read with full understanding (not that I can express myself in that language quite as good ;)) So I can tell - even though I was learning english in high school, I really learnt it reading slash :) (thank you, Ms Proulx, thank you Ang Lee and big thank you all authors at the fandom:))

Maybe someday, if I am determined enough I would learn german the same way:) Or spanish:) If I'm not too lazy, because english is the easiest language in the world and the other two are much more difficult :-\

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Fan Fiction Posted in Another Language
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 04:31:11 am »
Came here expecting ome good french or german links--and--NOTHIN! A lot a bitching. There's hundreds of thousands of words of English fanfic to read.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters