Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 821349 times)

injest

Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2007, 11:54:51 pm »
See I knew Truman would like that hat  ;D Let's leave the pink jockstrap off though. I think the hat would be enough.

oh my!

Truman is gonna wear the hat but not the other......

:o :o :-X :-X

I think that will violate Bettermost policy on the nudity......

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2007, 12:59:50 pm »
oh my!

Truman is gonna wear the hat but not the other......

:o :o :-X :-X

I think that will violate Bettermost policy on the nudity......

I think I kind of gave the wrong impression there  ;D Now that I look back at what I posted it is very obvious that it could be taken a different way  :laugh: I actually meant to wear the hat, but not the pink jockstrap meaning wear something else. But, it comes out sounding like Truman would be wearing the hat and nothing else  :laugh: I guess we'll just have to leave it up to Truman as to what he wears beside the hat. Truman, where are you anyway? You haven't been defending yourself on this one and now everybody's talking about you. I have a feeling that even in the middle of Manhattan it might be a good idea to wear something more than the hat. However, there is the naked cowboy in Times Square even though he is not completely naked. It could be that this is your ticket, just the hat, and next thing we know you will be a celebrity  :)

injest

« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2007, 01:07:58 pm »
I have a hard enough time talking to strangers in general..I can't imagine having a conversation with a guy in a big ol sparlky hat...

(where is the guy in the pink undies?)  ???

now I am confused...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2007, 02:04:16 pm »
(where is the guy in the pink undies?)  ???

now I am confused...

Me, too. I came in late. Somebody said there's a pic around here somewhere of Truman in a pink jockstrap?  ???  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2007, 02:14:47 pm »

You wish!!!  You bad boy.   :laugh: :laugh:

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2007, 09:51:32 pm »
Me, too. I came in late. Somebody said there's a pic around here somewhere of Truman in a pink jockstrap?  ???  :o

See Jeff you're the one who said real cowboys weren't afraid to wear pink so I guess Truman took you up on it  ;D

injest

« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2007, 12:16:05 am »
See Jeff you're the one who said real cowboys weren't afraid to wear pink so I guess Truman took you up on it  ;D

see I dont know where ya'll got this...I have seen men at rodeos and dances and such wearing pink and lavender (or as they call it "light purple"  ::) ) shirts for years and years.

always SOLID of course but still...

(They say women find it sexy)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2007, 10:51:20 am »
You're right Jess. I definitely know plenty of straight guys who wear purple and I'm really not sure why pink is such a big deal. I mean if you think about it why should a color define anything? Maybe that is really all a part of the socialization thing of blue for boys and pink for girls. I'm trying to have more of an open mind about these kinds of things in general especially after being involved in a debate in another place that got totally out of hand. Anyway, I'm curious when you talk about men at the rodeos and dances if you are speaking about the gay rodeo or the other rodeo? I used to watch the rodeo on television and I just recently went to my first gay rodeo. I really like the rodeo although I definitely cannot say I am an expert at either one. All I can really say is that I always liked it on TV and I ended up liking the gay rodeo as well. The dancing at the gay rodeo was great as was the music.

My thoughts on the gay rodeo at first were kind of mixed up especially after I think about it now. My initial thoughts, and I know there are people who still have those thoughts, were that since it was a gay rodeo it was somehow not a real rodeo and that those in it were not real cowboys. I first realized my thoughts may be off when someone mentioned to me that the bulls they were riding were just as real as those in any other rodeo. That made more sense than my original thoughts. Obviously, they were not riding gay bulls which may have been meaner anyway  :) Just kidding  ;) And obviously the bulls did not say "oh we need to be more gentle here cause there are gay people riding us and this is not a real rodeo."

Near the end of that trip after everything was over I ended up personally meeting some of the people who were either in the rodeo or were part of the rodeo and dance. That pretty much proved that whatever I was thinking was incorrect as these are real people doing real things. The distinction is not there in my opinion.

So, that combined with the debate I mentioned, are all making me look deeper than the surface on everything. The surface may only hold what we have been told. There may be no basis for it. Part of growing is realizing to look deeper in my opinion.

Also, in looking at Jeff's avatar it is clear to me that pink sure doesn't make that cowboy look feminine in any way. Here is a link to an article that talks about the whole pink and blue issue http://www.songdog.net/blog/archives/000994.html

Thanks for making me think Jess  ;)

Jack

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2007, 03:45:50 pm »

Thank you for that linc.  It just goes to show.  The association is all arbitrary.. Its a fashion of the
moment, decided by serendipity.  I say color should be all about what your coloring and you eyes, and
shape will embrace.  It shouldnt matter what your gender is..
        One of the things I found most interesting in that article was the lady saying:"I didnt mind dressing my little
girl in blue, like I did putting my little boy in pink." That shows it to be, also a largely gender bias issue...We dont
want anyone to think our boy is a girl... it might make him...gay....or any other neg. issue they could place on
him...

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2007, 07:57:21 pm »
Yeah, it is funny how colors can become associated with something for no real reason other than that somebody decided to associate them that way and others followed.