Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 827809 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #270 on: December 17, 2007, 01:14:06 am »
Yes, I am the one who lives in the cabin in the woods  :) I think it may be under my photos, but I'm not sure that is where it is. I have some decorations up and I will definitely take some pictures. I don't have any big plans for the holidays. It looks like they will be fairly quiet. I definitely am glad to have the time off from work. Do you have big holiday plans?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #271 on: December 17, 2007, 01:21:24 am »
Yes, I am the one who lives in the cabin in the woods  :) I think it may be under my photos, but I'm not sure that is where it is. I have some decorations up and I will definitely take some pictures. I don't have any big plans for the holidays. It looks like they will be fairly quiet. I definitely am glad to have the time off from work. Do you have big holiday plans?

I will be off for 2 weeks, so, like you, I will enjoy that! My cousin puts up 12 trees and decorates her big house so beautifully. She is the hostess of the family and I will spend Christmas with her and other family members. We are more like sisters, and I live just a few blocks from her, so not much traveling planned. And I'm hoping that it snows!   ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #272 on: December 17, 2007, 01:24:23 am »
Yes, the time off is NICE  :D It sounds like your cousin has a beautiful house. Is it old or new? What part of the world do you live in anyway? I can't remember. I think you were one of the people who I wanted to send a Christmas card to, but I didn't have your address.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #273 on: December 17, 2007, 01:37:45 am »
We live in Arkansas. It's really FLAT around our area -- lots of cotton fields in the summer/fall time.

My cousin's house is fairly new. They had it built and moved in it about 12 years ago. My other cousin who will have a get together this week lives in an OLD, very charming stucco home. But she has lots of repairs that need to be made and not enough capital! Still she decorates beautifully and enjoys her house even with it's flaws! Sometimes it's very hard for a single woman to own a home and keep up good maintainence on it I've found. I saved up for some needed repairs, hired a man who had references, and got a bad job done. I think it's worse than before he worked on it. Very discouraging.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #274 on: December 17, 2007, 02:13:03 pm »
We live in Arkansas. It's really FLAT around our area -- lots of cotton fields in the summer/fall time.

My cousin's house is fairly new. They had it built and moved in it about 12 years ago. My other cousin who will have a get together this week lives in an OLD, very charming stucco home. But she has lots of repairs that need to be made and not enough capital! Still she decorates beautifully and enjoys her house even with it's flaws! Sometimes it's very hard for a single woman to own a home and keep up good maintainence on it I've found. I saved up for some needed repairs, hired a man who had references, and got a bad job done. I think it's worse than before he worked on it. Very discouraging.

So I know someone in Arkansas and I didn't even know it until now. It is absolutely incredible how many different people I know now that I had no idea existed this time last year. I was looking at the cards I am sending out and I am already up to 12 different states plus other countries too.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #275 on: December 17, 2007, 02:25:46 pm »
You know Arkansas is an absolutly beautiful area. I went thru the area from Moko thru Salem, Ash Flat, Raven Den, past Trumann Lake on to Memphis a few years ago. I love the open sky, the rolling hills, the guys on tractors.....
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #276 on: December 17, 2007, 05:29:35 pm »
The guys on tractors  8) I think I have probably been somewhere near Arkansas at one time or another, but I know I have never been in it. It sounds like there is a story in there to be told Truman  :) You know another episode of "Travels with Truman"  ;)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #277 on: December 17, 2007, 06:24:07 pm »
Howdy,

how's our hard working guy doing now, huh? Lot's of extra time you don't need for studying anymore  ;D. Come over to the HHH thread and spend your time with your favorite actor, albeit almost unrecognizable. You already seen the new trailer and the prolog for TDK?

How did your tests go? Do you have a good feeling? Report back when you get the results. I'll put some chamagne on ice in anticipation of the party to come....  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #278 on: December 17, 2007, 09:28:51 pm »
You know Arkansas is an absolutly beautiful area. I went thru the area from Moko thru Salem, Ash Flat, Raven Den, past Trumann Lake on to Memphis a few years ago. I love the open sky, the rolling hills, the guys on tractors.....

"He thinks my tractor's sexy."  Have you heard that song, Truman? Did you see the gigantic raven in Ravenden??   ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2007, 10:50:37 pm »

How did your tests go? Do you have a good feeling? Report back when you get the results. I'll put some chamagne on ice in anticipation of the party to come....  :)

The tests were horrible, but I think I passed  ;D So go ahead and get the champagne going  :) We will have a big party. I have been wondering where all the fireworks are. So far nothing has happened, but it sounds like it will  ;D