Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 828380 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2007, 09:00:16 pm »
one time when my son was very small a little girl proposed to him....her mother and I thought it was cute and funny. HE was heartily offended at the prospect. so I was teasing him about it and he informed me he didn't want a girlfriend, he wanted a boyfriend like Batman. I told him that Robin WAS a boy and he WAS Batman's friend but he wasn't Batman's boyfriend...

He gave me that "God parents are just stupid" look....

So you mean Robin wasn't Batman's boyfriend  ??? :o

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #371 on: December 31, 2007, 09:03:30 pm »
Jack, again, happy new year.

I'm going to Brokeback/Wyoming 2008 with Juniour, unless he ducks out lolol

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO JACK!!! I am very glad to hear that you are going to Brokeback/Wyoming 2008. That is great news. It looks like I will not be able to change my mind about this trip since it appears all of my friends are going. And I will actually know who you all are this time  ;D With the group we have going it really should be a very fun time.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #372 on: December 31, 2007, 09:04:35 pm »
Did someone say something about cornholing?   ;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Gary is on the scene  :laugh:

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #373 on: December 31, 2007, 09:05:38 pm »
I had to look that up.  :P
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #374 on: December 31, 2007, 09:07:47 pm »
I had to look that up.  :P

Did you find it? I'm not sure if it would be in the regular Websters  :laugh: I looked on the website and it is quite an unusual website for sure. You have to join to vote.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #375 on: December 31, 2007, 09:09:30 pm »
Yes. It was on dictionary.com -- clear as day.  :P  :laugh:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #376 on: December 31, 2007, 09:12:38 pm »
I had always wondered what happened to him and the funny thing is I have absolutely no idea why we quit keeping in touch. I have tried to think why that was, but no answers.

Life, Jack. Life happened.
We all have lost friends to the simple, complicated, irritating, fun, confusing, and always moving thing called life.

Growing up, moving, spending years on different schools, finding new friends, college years, marriages, divorces, seperations, ..... you get the picture.

I also have some people, who were once close friends of mine, lost to life. And some to death. The first is the preferrable version.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #377 on: December 31, 2007, 09:13:47 pm »
Yes, it sure is and it even has a pronunciation in case you don't know how to say it.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #378 on: December 31, 2007, 09:15:17 pm »
Yes, it sure is and it even has a pronunciation in case you don't know how to say it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

Good thing there's no illustration -- I mighta fainted ...... or stayed over there too long or something.  :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #379 on: December 31, 2007, 09:40:52 pm »
I'm glad that you remembered both him and Laredo. I can't believe you even recognized him. Yes, he was the one that always dressed nicer than the others. I will have to find that information on the web that was telling more details and give you the link. Apparently, he was the most educated and refined of the group. I do remember that he was very close to the other cowboy Joe Riley. Hmmmmmmmm  :)

:o Laredo slash!  :laugh:

GREAT!!!! You have become a Jack Daniels drinker.  ;D Yes, we can definitely split a bottle. That will be fun. Old No. 7 is exactly what I drink. We are going to have a good time  ;)

When I can't get my hands on a decent single malt.  ;) I thought it was goin a take some gettin' used to, but I liked it right away!

Uh-oh. What does that say about me? ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.