Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 821457 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2007, 11:38:03 am »

How sad and beautiful.  It has hope and despair, all mixed up. 
I hope for the best for you.  I hope you gain satisfaction.
You are such a dear guy...love...me                    :-*

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2007, 12:59:16 pm »
Oh there are others, Jess, Shasta, Wayne. We're everywhere!

Representin' ARKANSAS here!   lol

Thanks for the shout-out, Truman!

I gotta get to one of those Wyoming/Alberta/SF meetings one of these days to meet all our Brokies.

GarryLH is from Missouri---is that the South?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2007, 03:48:36 pm »
So do you like living out there and being far from Tennessee? Are you liking San Francisco?

SF is a great city - I think it's wonderful and it's been an experience.  Interestingly, I have found I miss the East a bit - the seasons especially.  I went to a wedding in Hartford last weekend and got all excited over the leaves (just barely beginning to turn - still early for that!).  And with the exception of some dark clouds that blew over one day, it's been essentially the same - cloudless sunny blue skies with a breeze - for three solid months.  It seems a ridiculous thing to complain about, but it gets tiresome!  :)

I'm not through rambling yet.  Who knows where I'll land?  ???

GarryLH is from Missouri---is that the South?

I put that in the midwest, but I don't know - we'll have to ask Garry.  I also consider Maryland to be the South - that's where Dee is.  Maybe we can adopt David as a fellow Southerner?  He can be in Kentucky with a short drive :D!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2007, 04:08:22 pm »
Thousands of miles
Separate us
But in our minds
We will find a way

That is really lovely Jack, and I love the ending. Lets us all try and find a way.

Give me a chance,
Will ya?
I'll do whatever I have to,
To make this work.

I will pack a few clothes,
Meet you wherever,
I'll take you to places
In my heart.

Give me a chance, cowboy,
You won't be sorry.
I'll do whatever I have to,
To make this work.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2007, 06:50:07 pm »
Thanks Truman!!! And I like very much what you wrote too  ;) What I wrote just kind of fell out of my head and on to the paper (well, the computer screen). A lot of times I start thinking about things that have happened and many times I write them down, but I usually don't put them online  :) I guess that is what a blog is for.

Ramblings can be just that too and actually I got that name, not as a copy of yours, but rather as a way that I explain my e-mails (letters). I have a tendency to write them too long for some reason  :-\ Oh yeah, wait a minute yours in rumblings not ramblings.

Jack

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2007, 07:55:37 pm »

How sad and beautiful.  It has hope and despair, all mixed up. 
I hope for the best for you.  I hope you gain satisfaction.
You are such a dear guy...love...me                    :-*

Thank You Janice!!! You wishing me the best is like giving me a good luck charm towards satisfaction in everything. You are an incredible woman and talking to you during the two events I have been to were always highlights that I always will remember. Yes, even the shells  ;)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2007, 08:12:28 pm »
Lynne, I really did like the feeling of San Francisco. As far as living in that area, I don't really know. I would have to visit there more times to see what I think of it. The weather is something I think I would definitely like, but then again who knows that without living it. A lot of people would think I was crazy if I left Asheville since for some reason all these people from all over the country want to live here and will even take less money in a job just to live here. I haven't quite figured that one out yet. It sure isn't the cost of living since ours is the highest in the state and higher than a lot of the major cities. Land and house prices are extremely expensive. Of course I am from here so I take a lot for granted like the mountains and all. Of course, the mountains are getting destroyed by all the development. They're getting covered with houses. We have a lot of very rich people, a lot of hippies and a lot of homeless people. There are not a lot of good jobs. Even if I did move I definitely would hold on to my log cabin. It's an original and you don't find many of those. The logs go back to before the civil war believe it or not. Hey, I could be like the Beverly Hillbillies and take it with me  ;D

I do like the idea of the part of the country San Francisco is in as well as the Pacific Northwest. Of course, I have not been to the Pacific Northwest yet, but I hope one day soon to visit Seattle and Portland. I think I would like those two cities. I like the Northeast too, but it is too cold with too much snow. I don't know much about the Midwest, but I have heard Chicago is a great city to visit. But then it is also cold and snowy in that part of the world. Minneapolis looked like a nice area too.

Jack

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2007, 12:35:34 pm »

Thank you so much for those sweet words.
    Sounds like you have had the wandering eye...Sounds like you may be getting itchy feet..I think its a good idea to not get rid of your cabin..You may change your mind at some point..You may want to go home again....

Beautiful mind

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2007, 12:39:18 pm »
Wasn't Thomas Wolfe from Asheville? Didn;t he write you couldn't go home again? And then there was John Denver, he went home to a place he'd never been before..
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

karen1129

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2007, 12:55:16 pm »
Hey Jack friend !!!

Just now discovered your blog here.  I am so happy to see you here !!!

Wanted to thank you for being such a friend to me in S.F. and letting me cry on your shoulder !!!! :-*

Karen