Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 821204 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2007, 12:49:11 pm »
I am finally learning how to upload pics so I am going to try posting some here on my ramblings page. These are some from my New York City. This wasn't a Brokie event, it was a Jack event, so I hope that is OK. It's my ramblings so it should be, but I know some places would hit me on the head with a ruler. This is mainly a test of my uploading ability and then I will begin posting pics of the other events.

Some of these pics from out the window have some issues. Some have a bit of double exposure due to the fact that the window would reflect back into the room somewhat. When you see the one of the hotel you will understand. They were not clear windows. I'm wondering if they were almost like two way mirrors. One morning I was sitting there in my 38th floor room and I saw these ropes outside. All of a sudden I looked over and there were two men out there washing the windows. At the time I thought they could probably see me, but I'm thinking they could probably not see in from the outside. If so, I bet they have some stories to tell. That sure would be some job suspended from that small platform hanging outside a skyscraper. So since I keep mentioning the hotel, here it is from the outside. It has 45 floors so I was near the top. It has a light beam that comes all the way from the lobby and out the top. The only time I saw it was when I went up to the observation deck of the Empire State Building. You would not believe how small this hotel looked from up there. It is a very unusual building. Best hotel I have ever stayed in.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2007, 01:00:33 pm »
I had a great big clock. I didn't need one in the room. I had a perfect view of this one from the bed even. This building was originally the Paramount Theatre. It is now office and retail space with a Hard Rock Cafe at the bottom.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2007, 01:39:57 pm »

Those pictures are beautiful.  Specially interesting to someone who has never been there
before.  And probably never will get there...Thank you.

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2007, 02:01:36 pm »
Wow!

More... please.

Hugs!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2007, 02:05:01 pm »
Those are wonderful pics. New York is just breath taking, from any angle. Everything so much bigger than life, it has to be to keep from disappearing.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2007, 07:32:12 am »
Here's another picture from my New York City trip. This is from Bryant Park. I like the architecture of the dark brown building. It is the American Standard Building (formerly the American Radiator Building). I actually thought I had read that this was a hotel, but that is not the case. Behind it is the Empire State Building.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2007, 07:35:32 am »

Those pictures are beautiful.  Specially interesting to someone who has never been there
before.  And probably never will get there...Thank you.

Janice, if you have never been to NYC before, then you need to start planning a trip there. Michelle would love it too I bet. Don't say you will never get there cause I used to think the same thing about California. You would be surprised how fast you could get there on a plane. It is a remarkable city that everyone should at least see once.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2007, 07:38:10 am »
Those are wonderful pics. New York is just breath taking, from any angle. Everything so much bigger than life, it has to be to keep from disappearing.

You are right, NYC is breath taking all the way around. Your whole perspective of size seems to change. It is also so diverse with all the various areas and neighborhoods that make it up. And don't forget Manhattan is only one piece of it.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2007, 07:39:39 am »
Wow!

More... please.

Hugs!

Artiste, I will post more. By the way, I looked at the website of your art work and you are very good. I like how colorful your paintings are.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2007, 10:27:37 am »
Love the NYC pics, Jack.  It's quite a place, isn't it?  I always find myself looking around and up, trying to see everywhere at once because there's so much going on.  And your other senses are assaulted too - the smells and sounds....I loved trying to count how many different languages I could hear.  Then you can walk around in Central Park and find quiet or at least mellow.  One of the greatest places ever.
 :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."