Author Topic: What's Your Favorite Stress Management Tool?  (Read 6023 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
What's Your Favorite Stress Management Tool?
« on: September 29, 2007, 03:05:45 am »
There are many effective stress management tools out there, and they each carry their own benefits and drawbacks. Some carry more benefits than others, but much of the appeal of any particular stress reliever comes down to personal preference.

So the question is:  What's Your Favorite Stress Management Tool?
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: What's Your Favorite Stress Management Tool?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 03:11:17 am »
I suppose it falls under the heading of exercise but when I was working I really liked that big ol punching bag in the corporate gym.  I also enjoyed picturing my boss's face on a golf ball and knocking it out on the driving range...great stress busters....for me  ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

injest

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 06:24:22 pm »
LOL - I have two

one is going into the Warm Room with Roland and venting to him.

DAYUM he is a good listener!!

and

to really unwind after a tense day, sitting in the Store chatting about nothing much with Garry. Looking at all the cool stuff he finds on the net.

Offline pettifogger

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Just passin through
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 08:42:01 pm »
Sad to say I am a nervous eater, when stresses get to be to much I nibble like a chipmunk storing up for a long winter.  :laugh:
You and I are travelers just passing through this earth

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 04:44:06 am »
I checked most of the choices, but high on the list for me is sleep.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 09:30:56 am »

My primary stress management tool is meditation, which I practice most days at dusk.

I also recite positive affirmations as I drive to work each day, which I find a positive way to start each day. Such affirmations as:
* I love and approve of myself.
* I trust the process of life. I am safe.
* I am surrounded by loving and lovable people who only wish to assist me in my progress through life.
* I say and do only that which is good for me.
* I send love ahead of me today, to everyone and every thing I encounter today.
* I have a safe, happy day today and a safe return home tonight.

Something that was not on the list, but is an essential part of my own stress management is "Quiet time alone." My life has a tendency to be filled with many people and much noise, which makes me value and treasure quiet time alone, when I can unwind, recharge and recuperate.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 09:39:26 am »
I checked most of the choices, but high on the list for me is sleep.

;D Me too, Elle. Some Saturdays -- I get up and take a nap.  :)

My primary stress management tool is meditation, which I practice most days at dusk.

I also recite positive affirmations as I drive to work each day, which I find a positive way to start each day. Such affirmations as:
* I love and approve of myself.
* I trust the process of life. I am safe.
* I am surrounded by loving and lovable people who only wish to assist me in my progress through life.
* I say and do only that which is good for me.
* I send love ahead of me today, to everyone and every thing I encounter today.
* I have a safe, happy day today and a safe return home tonight.

Something that was not on the list, but is an essential part of my own stress management is "Quiet time alone." My life has a tendency to be filled with many people and much noise, which makes me value and treasure quiet time alone, when I can unwind, recharge and recuperate.

Those are great, Kerry. I'm going to try that -- I have a long drive.  Quiet time is important for me too -- I'm around 12-15 year olds all day!!! I love 'em, but OMG -- they are noisy. Some days I drive the whole trip without turning on the radio -- just to enjoy the quiet.

I also pray for the people who need extra love on my way to work. That's usually a long, long list!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 09:54:26 am »

;D Me too, Elle. Some Saturdays -- I get up and take a nap.  :)

Those are great, Kerry. I'm going to try that -- I have a long drive.  Quiet time is important for me too -- I'm around 12-15 year olds all day!!! I love 'em, but OMG -- they are noisy. Some days I drive the whole trip without turning on the radio -- just to enjoy the quiet.

I also pray for the people who need extra love on my way to work. That's usually a long, long list!

Wow, that's beautiful about praying for people who need extra love.  Sounds like it would be really good for the prayer too.

Shasta, I used to teach middle school too, have I told you?  I taught French and Spanish in Missisisippi and had a long drive.  I used to listen to books on tape.  It made the drive fly by.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 10:12:12 am »
Wow, that's beautiful about praying for people who need extra love.  Sounds like it would be really good for the prayer[/i] too.

It is -- gives me a peaceful feeling, too.

Shasta, I used to teach middle school too, have I told you?  I taught French and Spanish in Missisisippi and had a long drive.  I used to listen to books on tape.  It made the drive fly by.

I didn't know that -- you feel my pain, then.  LOL. No, really -- they are a lot of fun; they are just exhausting! 8th grade girls -- always in some kind of dramatic quarrel one day and then best friends the next!! :P  Are you going to go back to that when your litttle "mini-meno" starts school?

I have listened to several books on tape and I have one in the trunk of my car that I haven't started yet. I get in the mood then I get out of the mood. Since you mentioned it, I think I'll listen to my new book tomorrow!

On my way home, I usually do any phone business that I have, too. That's one reason I finally broke down and got a cell -- that, and being out on the road at all hours. It has been well worth the monthly bill.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 10:12:32 am »
I soak in the bath tub or take a long hot shower...I like to have the bath tub nice and freshly cleaned.  I light candles as the hot water fills the bath tub.  Sometimes i soak in Epsom Salt baths, sometimes bubble baths, and sometimes just hot water.  I bath pillow helps the relaxation.  Its a very good way to alleviate minor aches and pains.