Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8908520 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #1880 on: February 08, 2008, 10:42:57 pm »
LOL!!!

Gary said ya'll could be twins with your buzz cut.

Here in Arkansas -- Twinkies = twins.

You know how Hostess Twinkies come in pairs?

That's the kind of Twinkie I was talkin' about!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

But whatever floats yer boat!!  ;D  :P  :-*

Hi Janice! **waving** Are you on your way to Denver yet? I'll be thinkin' of ya'll.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1881 on: February 09, 2008, 12:36:10 am »
Here in Arkansas -- Twinkies = twins.

You know how Hostess Twinkies come in pairs?

That's the kind of Twinkie I was talkin' about!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Well, Shasta, in the gay community, there is another meaning for the word "twinks".

Here is the definition for "twinks", from wikipedia.

Twink is a gay slang term describing an attractive young or young-looking gay man (usually in his late teens or early twenties) with a slender build and little or no body hair. In some societies the term "chick" or "chicken" is preferred.

Originally, the term referred exclusively to blondes, but among gay people the term has become increasingly inclusive to refer to other young men whose physical features match those principally described above, but are not blond or even Caucasian.

The namesake of twinks is the "golden-colored (blond) phallic-shaped snack cake" Hostess Twinkie commonly regarded as the quintessential junk food of "little nutritional value, sweet to the taste and creme-filled." A "twink" is "memorable for his outer packaging," and not his "inner depth."

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1882 on: February 11, 2008, 07:22:17 am »
Happy Monday, BetterMost!!!!

I was not on BetterMost most of the weekend, so I have a lot to catch up with!

Hope that everyone had a great weekend!!!

First matter of business, is my diet update.  After another week at the gym, I got on the scale today to see I'm still at 223lbs.  No loss, but no gain.   I'm willing to accept that.  For now.

Now, on to the new poll.  Our last one ended in a tie, the first time ever, between UB40 & Elvis Presley.

This vote will be different today.  The song is recorded by two different acts, in the same year.   They are the same style, essentially, but they are slightly different musically, and the vocals are definitely different. 

It was in 1983 that 14-year old Kensit became lead singer of brother Jamie Kensit's fledgling band, Spice. Rounding out the original lineup were guitarist Geoff Beauchamp, bassist Lawrence Lewis, drummer Jake Walters, and a friend named Nigel providing additional percussion. By late 1984, Kensit was contributing more to the band's music and they had changed their name to Eighth Wonder.  Signing to CBS in early 1986, they worked on a debut album, Fearless.  Fearless had been completed and released in July of 1987, Eighth Wonder had issued a string of singles that had found success across Europe. Fearless sold well in the U.K. and the group (now a quartet) even notched minor chart singles ("Cross My Heart" and "Baby Baby") in the U.S.

Here is Eighth Wonder's version of "Cross My Heart".

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxeWcgBrJVA[/youtube]

Martika appeared after teen girls like Tiffany and Debbie Gibson returned adolescent bubblegum to the pop charts. Martika was born as Marta Marrero in Whittier, CA, on May 18, 1969. Her parents were originally from Cuba; however, they left the country during a revolution. Raised in California, Martika started acting before launching a recording career, appearing in the film version of Annie in 1982 and on the TV series Kids Incorporated from 1984 to 1986. In 1988, her first single, "More Than You Know," landed on the American charts; a year later, its follow-up, "Toy Soldiers," was number one in the U.S. for two weeks. Martika's self-titled debut album was also released in 1989.

Here is Martika's version of "Cross My Heart".  No vid was made, this is a fan vid of the record on the turntable.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1NF3TnIRJE[/youtube]

So, which do you prefer?  Martika's more "mature" sounding vocals and production, or Eighth Wonder's "sugary" bubble gum production?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1883 on: February 11, 2008, 09:03:46 am »
I had to vote for 8th wonder, I loved how that skinny lady came out dancing and then the audience was so, large, gyrating and bumping around.  :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1884 on: February 11, 2008, 10:09:48 am »

The namesake of twinks is the "golden-colored (blond) phallic-shaped snack cake" Hostess Twinkie commonly regarded as the quintessential junk food of "little nutritional value, sweet to the taste and creme-filled." A "twink" is "memorable for his outer packaging," and not his "inner depth."

:-X  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1885 on: February 11, 2008, 03:08:15 pm »

Well I have to say, that that video got on my nerves,  So I just closed my eyes
and listened to the music.  I have to admit that i much preferred the second version.
I think she has a better voice, and I like her presentation much better.  FWIW

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1886 on: February 11, 2008, 09:12:30 pm »
As an old philosophy and religion major, I'd say that "inner depth" is overrated.  After a while it just gives you a headache.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

Yeah. Someone who just cuts to the chase is a lot less annoying.  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1887 on: February 11, 2008, 09:15:20 pm »
Hello, Chuck!! Howzit?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1888 on: February 12, 2008, 04:25:25 am »

Hey you.  How is your life going these days.?

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1889 on: February 12, 2008, 09:48:12 am »
Happy Tuesday, BetterMost!!!!

Well, sorry for the late start here.  Let's just say yesterday bit the big one, and I'm glad it's over.