Author Topic: Name That Tune! A Diversion Into Fun  (Read 24681 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Name That Tune! A Diversion Into Fun
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 10:07:04 am »
Ha ha ha, and did you have a wardrobe malfunction, Paul? Carmen Miranda was supposedly the first, years before Janet Jackson.

http://barstory.blogspot.com/2006/07/blame-it-on-rio.html

(Just posting the link here, not the photo, so I don't get in trouble!)

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 10:21:01 am »
Ha ha ha, and did you have a wardrobe malfunction, Paul? Carmen Miranda was supposedly the first, years before Janet Jackson.

Um, thanks for the link, Leslie.  I wouldn't call that a "malfunction" so much as neglecting to wear underwear!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 10:24:36 am »
Um, thanks for the link, Leslie.  I wouldn't call that a "malfunction" so much as neglecting to wear underwear!

A common problem, it seems, ongoing even today...   ;)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 10:28:18 am »
OK, let's have some fun as I yank out music from my ridiculously large music library.  Most of these should be easy enough to guess when it comes to song title, but I suspect a lot of folks will have more trouble with the artists, so you get extra bonus points if you can pull that off.  At the very least, you get a touch of musical fun because you'll get to hear the whole song for the instrumental renditions, and the whole song after a correct guess for the vocal stuff.

Let's see how folks do!

An obscure hint: The song title is twice as nice.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divaudio2"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=2181122-770" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=2181122-770" width="335" height="28" name="divaudio2" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

Hey, I like this idea. I know my music really good. So watch out.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 10:32:05 am »
Sounds like a challenge, Jack!

Bring it on, Phillip!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 12:21:52 pm »
I don't recognize the tune.  It sounds very Lawrence Welk to me.  It's the harpsicord that makes me think of that.  Very "Dancing with the Stars."  Or maybe something they'd play on the Lido Deck. 

I was thinking Lawrence Welk too  :) or a theme from some movie. I haven't looked down far enough to find out yet what it is. He comes on here on saturday nights and I have passed by it before while looking for channels. Now that is a corny show  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 12:27:08 pm »
Congrats, Daniel, that was a hard one.

"Moonshadow" by (formerly) Cat Stevens--now Yusuf Islam, who presumably looks towards Mecca for prayers.

Yes, that was too easy  ;) It wasn't too long ago that he Yusuf Islam/Cat Stevens got detained in the US cause they thought he might be a terrorist.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 12:32:35 pm »

They said on the news last night that Britney Spears did this also, that is forgot to wear her underwear  :laugh:

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 04:29:17 pm »
Another easy one for this afternoon.  Name the tune, the composer, and where this tune is most recognized.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:30:46 am by Phillip Dampier »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 06:39:08 am »
I recognize it from hearing it on dozens of Looney Tunes cartoons, but as for the real info about that song, I'll need to do some research!

L