Author Topic: Children  (Read 2625 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Children
« on: October 09, 2007, 12:28:29 pm »
Have your kids ever given you the fright of your life? My youngest did today. In fact I,m still shaking now. He said he was going to knock for a friend. The friend wasn,t home, so instead of coming home again, he went to knock for another friend who lives quite a walk away. My son is 9 years old. It,s raining and he didn,t have a coat. My husband and me have just been out looking for him. I found him at his friends and burst into tears. I,ve grounded him for 2 months. It,s a wonder I,m not grey. I was thinking all sorts of things. He could have been in the back of someones car, he could have got run over. I was thinking about calling the police, my parents. Now my head is pounding. He knows how much he,s upset me and he,s sorry of course. Have your kids done anything like that? That had to be the worst 40 minutes of my life.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Children
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 12:34:43 pm »
I lost my son in a BJ's (big box discount store) when he was about 3 years old. They did the whole bit where they lock the doors and won't let anyone out of the store. We found him in the TV aisle watching cartoons. The total incident lasted just minutes but it seemed like a lifetime. I was a complete and total wreck for hours.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 12:51:36 pm »
I know it's scary, but I think my kid-fright story has yours beat... my kid, at the ripe old age of 9, set a fire in our basement to simulate "camping out."  His punishment?  having to drive with his mom and dad to the still smoldering scene of a 4 alarm fire so that he could see first hand what might have happened.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

injest

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 06:30:39 pm »
Have your kids ever given you the fright of your life? My youngest did today. In fact I,m still shaking now. He said he was going to knock for a friend. The friend wasn,t home, so instead of coming home again, he went to knock for another friend who lives quite a walk away. My son is 9 years old. It,s raining and he didn,t have a coat. My husband and me have just been out looking for him. I found him at his friends and burst into tears. I,ve grounded him for 2 months. It,s a wonder I,m not grey. I was thinking all sorts of things. He could have been in the back of someones car, he could have got run over. I was thinking about calling the police, my parents. Now my head is pounding. He knows how much he,s upset me and he,s sorry of course. Have your kids done anything like that? That had to be the worst 40 minutes of my life.

God, Souxi!!

{{{}}}

I am so sorry! what an awful awful experience!

I feel for you, Sweetie...

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 05:55:08 am »
God, Souxi!!

{{{}}}

I am so sorry! what an awful awful experience!

I feel for you, Sweetie...

Awww ty hun. Do you know that night, by about 9pm I wasn,t well atall. I had a temperature and I couldn,t stop shivering. I spent all night trying very hard to go to sleep but I couldn,t. I got up about 1 am and had some soluble paracetomol to try and get my temperature down, but I still didn,t get a wink of sleep. Yesterday I felt terrible all day and I couldn,t take my son to school, because if I had driven my car, I wouldn,t have been able to concentrate and negotiated the rush hour traffic and I honestly think I,d probably have crashed the car. Thankfully I slept last night so I feel a lot better today, but I have another damn headache. :'(
Just shows you what worrying about your kids can do doesn,t it.I never realised worrying so much could actually make my physcially ill. I,m never ill, never. Everyone else gets colds or upset stomachs but I never do. Weird huh?

injest

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 07:35:39 am »
I don't think so..your mind controls your body's defences. When you are upset it releases all those hormones..I can see them throwing everything off wack.

be good to yourself. It is a testament to your devotion and love that you feel that strongly. Give him as many hugs as he will tolerate  ;)...that will help.

{{Souxi}}