Author Topic: As the World Turns - Luke and Noah (No Videos)  (Read 42052 times)

injest

Re: As the World Turns - Luke and Noah (No Videos)
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 11:15:16 pm »
argh! He is making plans to move in with HER while he is smooching on LUKE!!

argh!! double Argh!

does Maddies dad know about him and Luke? does anyone?

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 12:48:15 am »
Colonel Meyer is Noah's dad... lol. But no, no one knows...

Although... I think Colonel Meyer might suspect something, he keeps hinting at the superiority of the heterosexual relationship.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 06:24:09 am »
Part 45

-- Opening Music --

**Henry and Maddie are talking in the diner.**

Henry: Sweetie... can you see that when he asks you to move in... with his father there... that that was pressuring you?

Maddie: Well that was an accident. His father overheard us.

Henry: Oh. Well don't you think that's something you should be talking about in private, when you have time to talk about it, and time to think about it? I get the sense that this - this guy is pushing you.

Maddie: Okay, well he is, but I know why. You would too if you met his father.

Henry:.... Wow, that's red flag number two. It's number three if you count Wesleyan.

Maddie (pleading): Henry, listen.... I know what you're talking about, I do. But moving in with Noah's gonna solve a lot of problems.

Henry (disapproving): Oh, that's romantic.

Maddie: I know, it's not. But it's comfortable. With Casey, everything was so intense! He kept so much hidden from me. But Noah and I are friends as much as anything. We tell each other everything and he's so upfront with me. It's not like there's this big bomb ticking away, ready to explode in my face.

-- Scene shift to WOAK interns office. Luke and Noah. --

**Noah closes the door.**

Luke: I know that was hard, but I'm really glad you said it.

Noah: Luke, that's not all I have to say.... It's not gonna happen again.

Luke (disappointed and confused): Because...?

Noah (searches for the right words): You and I-... for you, it's not wrong. For me, it is.

Luke *shakes his head*: That... doesn't make any sense.

Noah: I don't wanna tell anyone how to live their life, but I need to live my life the way I think I should.

Luke: Or the way your father thinks you should-

Noah: No!... I can't keep blaming him for everything. I have to take responsibility.

Luke: What happened over coffee?

Noah: Things fell into place in a way I never thought they would. I mean, for the first time I see that my dad is really on my side.

Luke: Really?

Noah: He's excited about me going to film school... after Maddie explained it to him.

Luke: Ohhh. So Maddie's the one who made things fall into place.

Noah: *sigh* You should hear the way she talks to him. I mean, he likes it.... He likes her.

Luke (becoming angry): And he likes you with her. So that's great! Just one question: how's this gonna work for Maddie?

Noah: It's going to be good. We're moving in together.

Luke: Yeah, and that will prove to your dad that you're a real man.

Noah: Look, you know, you were right- you said it. I didn't have to come back here and talk with you. I just wanted to be honest with you.

Luke: Oh, good. I'm glad. So when are you gonna be honest with Maddie?

-- Scene shift to Diner. Maddie and Henry --

Maddie: I really think you need to meet Noah's father, even though I'm sure you're gonna hate him.

Henry: Oh great! Move in with his son!

Maddie: *chuckle* But I did get him to take Noah seriously. Know how I did that? Cause he takes me seriously. He respects what I think.

Henry (still concerned): Kid, come on. I don't know here-

Maddie: Mmm, let me say just one last thing! I love ya, I do. But I'm doing this no matter what you say.

Henry: I can't argue with that.

Maddie: Henry, I just wanna see where this goes... I think there's a chance I could end up happy.

Henry: Well that's all that any of us hope for.. is the chance.

Maddie: Mm-hmm, it's what you make of it that counts... I love you. Enjoy your diner.

**Henry chuckles.**

Henry: Right.

-- Scene shift to WOAK. Noah and Luke have left the interns office.--

Noah: I'm not lying to Maddie.

**Luke is busy collecting various papers from desks and tables.**

Luke: Do you really believe that?

Noah: Yes.

**Luke pauses and looks at Noah.**

Noah: I love her. I'm attracted to her. **glances around** We made love.

**Luke releases a disappointed sigh of disbelief**

Luke: Well thank you so much for sharing... Does Maddie know she's in a don't ask-don't tell relationship?

Noah: Okay, you know what. You may not feel this way but I do. I think you made a choice. Yeah, and I'm making mine.

Luke: **looks at Noah incredulously** Are you making yours, Noah, or your father's?

Noah: You know, I haven't been fair. I've been telling you and Maddie all the bad things about my dad and left out all the good. He raised me on his own. He- I never needed anything, despite the fact that I knew I wasn't the son that he...

Luke: The son that... what? Wasn't the son that he wanted, like somehow the order got messed up before delivery?

**Luke walks back into the interns office. Noah follows after him.**

Noah: Not everyone can be blessed with parents as good as yours but my dad is trying. He's trying to be a better dad, and I am trying to be a better son.

**Luke shakes his head.**

Luke: But gay men can be good sons.

Noah: *shouting* Not to him! Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Luke: Look, I don't know what it's like growing up with your father. And I'm sorry if I'm making this sound very easy, because I know it's not!

Noah: I just don't wanna hurt anyone.

Luke: You won't. Not intentionally, at least.

Noah (concentrating): I can control it... I will control it.

**Luke becomes very sad. He begins to move forward to hug Noah.**

Luke: Oh Noah... you don't...

**Noah pulls away, sharply. And Luke leans back, putting his hands up.**

Luke: Look, I'm just trying to be your friend.

Noah: Then be my friend. Don't - tell Maddie about this.... Don't tell anyone.

**Luke is shocked.**

Luke: Noah. I am your friend, and if this was just about you and your dad, that'd be one thing. But I am Maddie's friend too.

Noah: I keep telling you, I won't hurt her, Luke... We could be really happy together, if you just - let us.

**Maddie suddenly walks into the office.**

Maddie: Okay, from now on, if you want a cheeseburger, I can get it at a discount!

**Noah and Luke pull away from each other. Luke looks down at his feet. Maddie notices Luke.**

Maddie: You're still here!

Luke: I guess I am.

Maddie: Something wrong? You guys look so serious.

Luke: Oh no.... we were just talking about... the next big reveal for Invisible Girl.

**Noah looks down and lets out a nervous chuckle.**

Maddie: And?

Luke: And there isn't one. I couldn't think of anything.

Maddie: Ah, well you will think of something tomorrow. You always do, Luke.  Go home. Get sleep, you work too hard!

**Maddie turns to Noah and they start to walk out together.**

Maddie: You, I have so much to tell you. So, Henry and Viena now own Al's, Shades of Mt. Montgomery (??), and - and I found an apartment two blocks away. Shades of apartment for Peggie. Very nice!

**Luke is in abject misery.**

((Okay, not entirely certain about Maddie's last part. Maddie can sure talk fast.))

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 02:54:26 am »
Part 47

-- Opening Music --

( Henry and Viena are... ahh... hmm... making out  ::) in their diner.))

Viena (laughing): We're going to miss Jack and Katy's engagement party if we don't stop.

Henry: Who?

Viena (kissing Henry): Oh, you're terrible.

Henry: I think you oughtta listen to me. I think that - after a long day of serving our loyal customers and earning an honest buck, we owe it to ourselves to enjoy all the perks of being our own bosses. (kisses Viena)

Viena: Mmmm.

(Colonel Meyer walks into the diner, sees Henry and Viena and is surprised/shocked.)

Colonel Meyer: Woah!

Viena: Oh!

(Colonel Meyer raises a hand up to cover his face.)

Colonel Meyer: Pardon me! I'm sorry, I must be in the wrong place. I'm looking for a Henry Coleman.

Viena: Oh- No, no, no! No, you found him.

(Viena begins flirting with Colonel Meyer)

Viena: Henry, this very handsome man is here to see you.

(Henry reaches out to shake Colonel Meyer's hand.)

Henry: Hi! Hi, how are you? How's it going? Um, we're closed.

Colonel Meyer: The sign outside said "Open 24 Hours".

Henry: Yeah, well it's kind of - of a private party, if you know what I'm saying. Can you come back tomorrow?

(Colonel Meyer is flustered, shakes his head.)

Colonel Meyer: You know? Perhaps I should introduce myself. I'm Colonel Winston Meyer. My son Noah is-is moving in with your sister and I thought under the circumstances we-we should probably meet.

(Colonel Meyer leans forward to shake Henry's hand again).

Henry: Yeah. Absolutely. Yes, yes. It's a pleasure-pleasure to meet you, sir. Maddie has told me so- you're a Colonel?

(Viena pats a booth)

Viena: Here! Please, sit down.

Colonel Meyer: Oh no. I couldn't.

(Viena is still coming on quite strongly to Colonel Meyer).

Viena: And yes you're right. We should get friendly.

Colonel Meyer (flustered and embarassed): No - Thank you. Ah - You and Mr. Coleman seem very busy.

Viena: Oh no, no, no. We were just fooling around. We can do that anytime. Please, sit! (She pats the booth).

-- Scene shift to Noah, Luke, and Maddie walking in the shops of Oakdale. Maddie is talking to Luke. --

Maddie: And it's really great how they have these cute, little one bedroom apartments near the campus.

Luke: Oh! So you guys are getting a one bedroom?

Maddie: Well, I- that's all the space we need *shrug*, and its all we can afford (looks at Noah who chuckles) but we think we found the perfect place, right?

(Luke is distressed, looks down and tries to drop out of the coversation discretely.)

Noah: Yeah, we liked it so much, we were ready to sign the lease right there.

Luke: Well. I've heard, once you find the right one, you know.

(Noah is disconcerted by Luke's off-hand comment, tries to shrug it off. Noah's father, Holden, walks by.)

Luke: Dad! Dad, hey what's going on? I thought you and mom were going to a party at the farm?

Holden (looks down at the paper he's carrying): Yeah, in a bit.

Luke: Is everything okay?

Holden: Yeah *forced smile* Everything's fine.

(Holden looks at Noah and Maddie.)

Luke: Okay. (pauses to introduce Noah and Maddie) Well you know Maddie, and this is Noah.

Maddie (smiling): Hey.

Noah: How are ya?

Holden: Luke's mentioned you before.

Noah (shaking Holden's hand): Nice to meet you, sir.

Holden: Nice to meet you too.

(Luke suddenly grabs his father's shoulder and pulls him to the side.)

Luke: Dad, really, what's going on? You're acting very strange.

Holden: Have you heard about the shooting?

Luke: What?

Holden: At the Lakeview?

Luke: What? Let me see this.

(Luke receives the newspaper and opens it up.)

Maddie: Oh my god, Noah. Look! That's the woman we saw Dusty arguing with. He grabbed her and said she'd be sorry. Remember?

Noah: Yeah, I know. That's crazy!

Holden: Wait. You heard Dusty threaten her?

Maddie: We walked in on it. (turns to Luke) Your mom must be freaking out!

Luke: Oh yeah, probably. I mean, its her hotel and Dusty's a good friend of hers.

Maddie: Wait. I mean, not only that, she was...

Holden (suspicious): She was what?

(Quet moment. Everyone is on edge.)

Holden: Maddie?

Maddie: Shhhhe was there too.

Holden: What exactly did you hear Dusty say to this Cheri woman?

Maddie: Well she said something like she was- ah- she meant to hurt him, and she was glad that she did, and then he told her that she would be sorry and thats when Mrs. Snyder interrupted them.

Luke: Hey, mom didn't tell you about any of this?

Holden: Well, I- I've barely seen your mother lately. I mean, we talked about it briefly.

(Luke turns to Maddie)

Luke: Well did you hear what this woman said, like how she was gonna hurt Dusty?

Holden: Cheri Love was the one responsible for posting that video of Dusty and Alison Stewart online.

Noah: Man! That explains why Dusty was so upset. I mean, putting his personal life out there for everyone to see and talk about.

Maddie: You know, I'm so sorry. I told Henry that I'd meet him so he can cosign the lease.

Noah: Do you want me to come with you?

Maddie: No, that's fine. Besides, you wanted to edit some Invisible Girl, right?

(Holden turns to Luke)

Holden: Is that the project you've been writing?

Luke: Yeah! Yeah, Noah's directing and editing, and Maddie, as you know, is our star.

Maddie: Yes, but its a very tough job, I might add.

(Noah and Luke laugh.)

Maddie: You guys gonna be back at the studio?

Noah: Well I do have to do some editing. I didn't know Luke was gon-

Luke: Well, I was gonna do some writing, but if you guys -

Noah: I don'-

Luke: No, no, no! It's okay. Go. Go, go. I, ah, have to talk to my dad anyways.

Noah: It was very nice to meet you, sir. (Leans forward to shake Holdens hand again).

Holden: You too.

Maddie (soft and sweet): Bye.

Luke: Bye bye.

(Maddie and Noah exit.)

Holden: Everything alright at work?

Luke (a little too cheerfully): Yeah!

Holden: Something just seemed a little off! You didn't want to help with that edit.

Luke: Ah, Noah knows what he's doing. He doesn't need me looking over his shoulder.

Holden: Hmm. Seems like a good kid. Don't you like him?

Luke (pauses): What? Oh.. yeah! Def- yeah. Yeah.

Holden (not quite to the point of shaking his head at Luke): What's going on?

Luke (pauses, considers): I really, really don't wanna talk about this with you.

Holden: I just don't wanna see you unhappy, especially after everything that happened with Kevin.

Luke: Okay, Kevin? That was completely different. You know. Kevin wasn't g-. It was just different.

Holden: Yes. This is different! You work with this guy. He's dating Maddie. She's your friend.

Luke: Dad! I know. I get it, and I have it under control. So don't worry, okay?

Holden: You're my son. One day you'll be 52, and you know what I'll be worried about?

Luke (whispering): What?

Holden: You.

Luke (laugh): I'm fine.

Holden: Alright.

Luke: So, why didn't mom tell you about this fight between Dusty and this Cheri woman?

Holden: You know, things are just getting crazy with me and your mom lately.

Luke: Right. Look, what's going on between you two?

Holden: You know what? Don't worry about it. (forces a smile)

Luke: Dad? One day, you'll be 52, and you know what I'll be worried about?

Holden: What?

Luke: That you didn't do everything you could to fix things with mom.

(Luke exits).

-- Scene shift back to diner. Colonel Meyer is watching Viena try to clean lipstick off of Henry's neck. --

Viena: How did you manage to get lipstick all the way over here?

Henry: Ah, yes. Well some things must remain a mystery, sweetheart. (to Colonel Meyer) So I- I am really glad you stopped by, Sir. Colonel. Colonel-Sir.

Colonel Meyer: You can call me Win (smiling).

(Viena suddenly puts her hand over Colonel Meyer's.)

Viena: Oh! Win! That's a fantastic name! You must be a lucky man.

(Colonel Meyer smiles broadly at Viena.)

Colonel Meyer: Well, not as lucky as -- (Henry clears his throat). I suppose, yes!

Viena: Oh, well you most certainly are a very handsome man! (Viena caresses Colonel Meyer's hand). No wonder, our dear Madeleine is so crazy about your son! (Viena flies up from her seat and hugs Colonel Meyer). Oh, and Henry's right. It's so good to meet you!

Henry: Sweetheart! Down! Let the man breathe!

Colonel Meyer: Umm, y-your sister tells me you- you recently acquired this establishment.

Henry: Ah, yes!

Viena: Well, Henry actually won it with the most glorious hand in-

Henry: You know, I don't think the Colonel needs to hear all these boring details.

Colonel Meyer: And did you always want to be.. in the service industry?

Henry: No, I just sort of fell into it.

Colonel Meyer (blinks): And - ah, what did you do before?

Henry (clears throat): A little of this, a little of that.

Viena: Oh! Please, don't be so modest, Henry. (to Colonel Meyer) Before, Henry, he was a card shark! He was a TV producer! He was a private investigator! And he was a limo driver. So you might say that I... have... a thing for men in uniform... *raises her eyebrows*

Henry: What-what is it that you- you do, Colonel?

Colonel Meyer (pauses, blinks): I'm a Colonel... in the Army. Retired, of course.

injest

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 07:46:55 am »
Henry needs to get a bucket of water or the water hose and turn it on Vienna! Good Grief!!!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 03:21:01 pm »
I didn't yet get a chance to watch the videos, dang it.
And there are 92 of them! Wow..

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 04:07:11 pm »
And growing, although Viacom has swooped in with their legal papers flashing in the wind and snatched some of them away... ((lowers voice to a conspiratorial whisper)) but they're still out there if you know where to find them.  I am going to try to make this board a sister message board to the Luke and Noah (Videos) board, and thought this would be a great place to put text heavy stuff that gets in the way of the videos. So please don't post any actual videos here... you can link to them freely, of course.

Here are some links

CBS's ATWT site: http://www.cbs.com/daytime/atwt/updates/sneaks/  (avoid the message boards, they seem to be filled with incensed Nuke fans)
NoahandLuke.com: http://www.lukeandnoah.com/ (incensed there also - fair warning)
Van Hansis's Fansite: http://vanhansis.net (Too big for me to become active in, but there for anyone with the time to look - this is also apparently where a number of people "in the know" hang out.)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
My first attempt at a teleplay (As The World Turns). Part 1 of 2.
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2007, 01:59:30 pm »
“AS THE WORLD TURNS”

TELEPLAY TO AIR DEC 25, 2007

<FADE FROM BLACK>

SCENE: OUTSIDE.

SNOW IS FALLING ON A TRANQUIL WINTER LANDSCAPE.

CLOSE UP OF A FROZEN POND.

A DEER DARTS INTO A SNOW-COVERED FOREST.

FAITH AND NATALIE SNYDER RUN INTO VIEW, LAUGHING AND THROWING SNOWBALLS AT EACH OTHER. THEY DART THROUGH A FIELD.

LUKE FOLLOWS AT A DISTANCE, WALKING CAREFULLY ON THE SNOW BUT LAUGHING AT THE GIRLS' ANTICS. HE CARRIES A CANE WITH HIM, BUT IS NOT USING IT.

LUKE:
Don't go out too far, girls! Gramma's making soup and sandwiches for lunch! We'll be called in before you know it!

FAITH:
Aww, Luke! We haven't had snow like this forever!
LOOKS TO NATALIE
Natalie! We can build a snowman!

NATALIE:
Yes! That'll be so cool!

NOAH WALKS UP BEHIND LUKE STEALTHILY, PUTTING A FINGER TO HIS LIPS TO SIGNAL THE GIRLS OF HIS STEALTHY “ATTACK”.

LUKE:
Alright! Go have fun! Just don't get too far away from the door.

NOAH:
SURPRISES LUKE
Luke, I'm sure it'll be alright. You're out here with them.
PUTS HIS ARM AROUND LUKE'S WAIST AS LUKE TURNS TOWARD HIM

LUKE:
GRINNING
Well I guess you are too, now.

OPENING TITLES

<FADE TO BLACK>

<COMMERCIAL>

<FADE FROM BLACK>

SCENE: SNYDER'S FARMHOUSE

LILY IS STANDING AT THE WINDOW HOLDING A MUG OF COFFEE AND LOOKING ANXIOUS. HOLDEN ENTERS FROM THE STAIRCASE.

HOLDEN:
Ethan's asleep again...
Poor little guy's tuckered out.

LILY:
SMILES REMOTELY
Well, its been a pretty exciting day.
The church service was beautiful.

HOLDEN:
STANDS AWAY FROM LILY IN A PAINFUL MOMENT
You seem worried. What's on your mind?

LILY:
I don't know. I just keep thinking...
something more is going to happen.

EMMA SNYDER RUSHES IN FROM THE LIVING ROOM.

EMMA:
Oh goodness. That soup should be ready by now. Let's see!

EMMA MOVES OVER TO THE STOVE WHERE A POT OF SOUP IS STEAMING. LILY MOVES OUT OF THE WAY.

HOLDEN:
Well, the day's not over yet. We still have presents to unwrap.

EMMA:
CHEERFULLY
That's right! The children will be so excited. But first we want to eat lunch!

HOLDEN:
OPENS FRIDGE.
I've got the sandwiches taken care of.

EMMA:
That's wonderful, Holden! Meg and Craig will be here in a bit!

SCENE: OUTSIDE

NOAH AND LUKE ARE WALKING BY THE POND, HOLDING HANDS, THEIR HEADS LEANING AGAINST EACH OTHER. SNOW CRUNCHES BENEATH THEIR FEET.

LUKE RELEASES A RAGGED BREATH, FROSTY IN THE WINTER AIR.

NOAH LOOKS UP:
Luke, something wrong?

LUKE:
No... no. I just need to sit down for a moment.

NOAH BRUSHES THE SNOW OFF OF A WOODEN BENCH NEARBY AND HELPS LUKE SIT DOWN. HE SITS DOWN NEXT TO HIM AND PULLS LUKE AGAINST HIS BODY.

NOAH:
Are you warm enough?

LUKE:
Yeah. But... something IS wrong.

NOAH:
SUDDENLY WORRIED
What? What's wrong?

LUKE:
I'm not... sure. It's just a feeling.

NOAH PUTS BOTH ARMS AROUND LUKE AND PULLS HIM CLOSER.

NOAH:
Everything's going to be okay, Luke.
It's Christmas Day. Your mom and dad love you.
Natalie and Faith love you. And I-I'm here for you.
I won't let anything happen to you.

LUKE LEANS HIS HEAD BACK AND LOOKS INTO NOAH'S EYES

LUKE:
I don't think it's me I'm worried about.

NOAH (CONFUSED):
What is it then?

<OMINOUS MUSIC>

<FADE TO BLACK>

<COMMERCIAL>

<FADE FROM BLACK>

SCENE: INSIDE SNYDER FARMHOUSE

LILY STANDS OUT OF THE WAY OF EMMA AND HOLDEN IN THE KITCHEN, STILL DRINKING FROM A MUG.

** FLASHBACK SEQUENCE **

LILY AND DUSTY ARE IN A BEDROOM AT THE LAKEVIEW HOTEL.

<FLASHING TRANSITION>

LUKE IN WHEELCHAIR:
Why are you trying to destroy our family?

** END FLASHBACK SEQUENCE **

HOLDEN (LOOKS UP):
Everything okay?

LILY NODS AND FORCES AN UNCONVINCING SMILE.

!DOORBELL RINGS!

EMMA:
Oh that must be Meg and Craig! Why are they using the front door?
WIPES HER HANDS ON A TOWEL AS SHE RUNS INTO THE LIVING ROOM.

LILY AND HOLDEN LOOK AT ONE ANOTHER AGAIN.

!A LOUD AND JOYOUS COMMOTION FROM THE OTHER ROOM!

EMMA, MEG AND CRAIG ENTER

EMMA:
And for heaven's sake, Meg, you know better than to use the front door! We're all back here.

MEG (SMILING):
I know mama, but Craig insisted. Are we too late for lunch?

EMMA:
No, Meg, not at all! We're about to call the children in.

<FADE TO BLACK>

<COMMERCIAL>

<FADE FROM BLACK>

CRAIG (CONCERNED):
The children are outside? Unsupervised?

LILY (SURPRISED):
Luke and Noah are out there with them. They-

HOLDEN (INTERRUPTING, ANGRY WITH CRAIG):
They've been on this farm for years. They'll be alright.

MEG AND EMMA WATCH THE ARGUMENT, WORRIED.

EMMA:
Alright, Holden, that's enough. It's Christmas and I want
no nastiness in this house this time of the year.
TURNS TO LILY AND RELEASES A LIGHT-HEARTED CHUCKLE, TRYING
TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD.
Lily, can you go bring the children in. We're about ready to eat,
and I'm sure the children want to open their presents.

LILY (RELIEVED TO BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING):
I'll be glad to.
SHE OPENS THE BACK DOOR AND WALKS OUT ONTO THE PORCH.
Kids, come on in. Its time for lunch! Then we can open presents!

END SCENE

NOAH AND LUKE ARE SITTING ON THE WOODEN BENCH, NESTLED IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS.

NOAH (GRINNING):
I can't believe how phenomenal this Christmas has been.
It's like I never even knew what I was missing out on.

LUKE (CHUCKLES):
Well, now you know... Sorry I dragged you into it.

NOAH:
No, it's great! I wouldn't have parted with one minute of it.
SIGHS

LUKE:
Well I've seen all this before, but I'm glad you're enjoying it.
(LOWERS HIS VOICE CONSPIRATORIALLY)
But my favorite part was last night, under the mistletoe.

NOAH (PLAYFUL):
Oh, you liked that, did you?
NOAH LEANS IN CLOSER TO LUKE
Well, there's more where that came from.

LUKE'S EYES DART TOWARDS NOAH'S MOUTH AND HE TILTS HIS HEAD TOWARDS NOAH, ANGLING HIS HEAD FOR A KISS.

A SNOWBALL EXPLODES RIGHT BETWEEN THEM.

FAITH AND NATALIE LAUGH HYSTERICALLY AT THEIR JEST AND NOAH QUICKLY SCOOPS UP SNOW AND TOSSES IT BACK. LUKE LAUGHS GOOD NATUREDLY AS NOAH, NATALIE, AND FAITH SNOWFIGHT.

LILY'S VOICE:

Girls? Luke? Noah? Time for lunch! Come on in!

NATALIE, NOAH, AND FAITH STOP PLAYING AND TURN TOWARD THE HOUSE.

NATALIE:
Come on, Faith, time to go in! We can open our presents soon!

FAITH:
I'm coming.

LUKE STANDS UP SLOWLY AND LEANS HEAVILY ON HIS CANE. NOAH NOTICES AND MOVES OVER TO HELP HIM. NATALIE AND FAITH RUN TOWARD THE HOUSE.

<FADE TO BLACK>

<COMMERCIAL>

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
Teleplay (part 2 of 2)
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2007, 05:09:51 pm »

<FADE FROM BLACK>

SCENE: INSIDE SNYDER FARMHOUSE

CRAIG AND MEG ARE SITTING AT THE TABLE. HOLDEN IS PEERING OUT THE DOOR. EMMA IS STANDING NEAR THE OTHER ROOM.

CRAIG IS WHISPERING TO MEG:
How can you let your brother raise his children that way? It's cold out there. They need an adult out there with them. A responsible one.

MEG (WHISPERS BACK):
Be quiet, Craig. Just let it go. Everything's okay.

EMMA SUDDENLY LOOKS UP, WORRIED:
What's that sound?

END SCENE

NOAH IS HELPING LUKE WALK BACK TO THE HOUSE.

LUKE:
This is so embarassing. It's the cold. I was feeling fine inside. It doesn't help that the ground is icy under this snow either.

NOAH:
It's okay. You're doing alright, Luke. I'm here.

LILY RUSHES UP TO LUKE AND NOAH:
Here you are. Have you seen Faith and Natalie?

LUKE:
They went around the pond the other way.

LILY:
Oh alright. Do you need some help, Luke?

LUKE:
I think me and Noah can handle it.

END SCENE

FAITH AND NATALIE RUN AROUND THE FROZEN POND, LAUGHING.
SUDDENLY, NATALIE SLIPS ON A PATCH OF HIDDEN ICE AND FALLS ONTO THE FROZEN POND, SLIDING OUT FROM THE SHORE.

FAITH (SCREAMING):
Natalie!!!

!OMINOUS MUSIC!

<FADE TO BLACK>

<COMMERCIAL>

<FADE FROM BLACK>

LILY IS WALKING WITH LUKE AND NOAH WHO ARE MOVING AT A SNAIL'S PACE, DUE TO LUKE'S INJURY.

FAITH (SCREAMS):
Natalie!!!

!LOUD CRACK!

NATALIE SCREAMS AND IS SUBMERGED AS THE ICE BREAKS FREE AND SINKS UNDER HER WEIGHT.

LILY:
Oh no! Oh my god! Natalie!

NOAH:
Oh God!
LUKE:
Natalie! No!

WITHOUT PAUSING TO THINK, NOAH RIPS OFF HIS COAT, RUNS OVER TO THE POND AND WADES INTO THE ICY WATERS. HE GRABS NATALIE AND LIFTS HER OUT OF THE WATER. FAITH AND LILY ARE CRYING HYSTERICALLY. LUKE IS IN SHOCK. LILY RUNS TO THE FARMHOUSE.

END SCENE

SCENE: SNYDER FARMHOUSE

LILY BREAKS THROUGH THE DOOR IN HYSTERICAL TEARS:
Holden! Natalie! She fell in the pond!

HOLDEN JUMPS UP FROM HIS SEAT AND RUNS OUTSIDE.

EMMA:
Oh my god! Is she alright? What happened?

LILY DOESN'T STOP TO ANSWER QUESTIONS BUT RUSHES AFTER HOLDEN.
EMMA AND MEG RUN OUT AFTER THEM.

CRAIG GRABS A PHONE AND DIALS 911.

END SCENE

SCENE: OUTSIDE THE FARMHOUSE

A DRIPPING WET NOAH HOLDS A SOAKED NATALIE IN HIS ARMS AS HE RUSHES TOWARDS THE FARMHOUSE. LUKE HOBBLES AS FAST AS HE CAN WITH FAITH'S HELP. HOLDEN RUSHES UP TO NOAH AND TAKES NATALIE OUT OF HIS ARMS, RUNNING HER INSIDE. EMMA PUTS A BLANKET AROUND NATALIE AS HE RUSHES BY.

LILY (WORRIED):
Oh god, poor Natalie! Noah! Inside! You'll be frozen through!

LILY HELPS NOAH INTO THE HOUSE AS EMMA, MEG, AND CRAIG RUSH OUT TO HELP LUKE AND FAITH.

<FADE TO BLACK>

<COMMERCIAL>

<FADE FROM BLACK>

SCENE: THE SNYDER FARMHOUSE

CRAIG (ON THE PHONE):
Please hurry! (HE HANGS UP) The paramedics are on their way.

LILY AND EMMA ARE CRYING AT THE DINING TABLE. MEG IS TRYING TO COMFORT THEM BOTH. FAITH AND LUKE ARE BOTH STUNNED, THOUGH FAITH IS NEAR TEARS. LUKE LEANS AGAINST THE WALL, EXHAUSTED.

FAITH (CRYING):
Oh no, Luke... It was my fault! I should have been watching her closer.

LUKE (STILL DAZED):
It wasn't anybody's fault, Faith. It was just an accident.
The ground is icy.

HOLDEN ENTERS FROM THE STAIRWELL

HOLDEN:
She's unconscious, but she's warm and dry.

LUKE:
And Noah?

HOLDEN LOOKS AT LUKE:
Noah will be fine. He's getting a shower now.
HOLDEN THINKS FOR A MOMENT

HOLDEN (CONT'D)
We owe him our gratitude, again.

EMMA:
Thank God Noah was out there. She could have drowned!

FAITH STARTS TO CRY.

LUKE GRABS A CHAIR AND SITS DOWN. HE PULLS FAITH INTO HIS ARMS.

EMMA:
Oh no! I didn't mean to upset her.

CRAIG REMAINS BY THE PHONE, HIS ARMS CROSSED OVER HIS CHEST.

LUKE:
It's alright, Grandma. I think we're all just a little shaken up. We'll be fine in a bit.

!SIRENS SOUND OUTSIDE!

CRAIG:
The paramedics are here. I'll go get them.

HOLDEN:
I can do it.

HOLDEN AND CRAIG BOTH RUSH OUTSIDE.

PARAMEDIC, HOLDEN, AND CRAIG ENTERS FROM THE PORCH.

PARAMEDIC:

I've got it from here, Mr. Snyder. We'll just need someone to come to the hospital with her and the guy that saved her.

NOAH ENTERS FROM THE STAIRWELL, OVERHEARING THE LAST BIT.

NOAH:
I'm alright. I'll just stay here if that's okay.

PARAMEDIC:
You the guy that saved her?

NOAH:
Yeah.

PARAMEDIC:
Don't go anywhere, I'll check on you after we get the girl.

A SECOND PARAMEDIC ENTERS WITH EMERGENCY CARRY-GURNEY

PARAMEDIC (CONT'D)
She's upstairs. Let's go.

THE PARAMEDICS GO UPSTAIRS TO GET NATALIE.
NOAH AND LUKE LOOK AT EACH OTHER FROM ACROSS THE ROOM. LUKE HOLDS FAITH IN HIS ARMS AS SHE CRIES AGAINST HIM.

<FADE TO BLACK>

END

injest

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 08:25:00 am »
very nice!!

:) :)

I liked the interplay on the bench....and the snowball at just the right moment (continuing the 'tradition' of being the most interrupted couple in history!)